gainzcollector is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thinking about giving up on the bodybuilding lifestyle after first competition...

Hey guys,

So I’m currently 3 weeks out and at this point I’m limping to the finish line. I’m 18 and this is my first show for men’s physique.
    The dieting and the cost of everything, including food, gas, supplements, and the “extra” supplements are taking a toll on me. Also I’ve pretty much shut out everyone else except for my parents and my coach. I’m literally training, eating, sleeping, repeat.
    I’ve been depressed about this the last few weeks because I thought that this life would be awesome but it’s just so much work and the cost of prep is crazy.

After the show I don’t really know what I’m gonna do, my plans are to chill out for a while, maybe compete again within 2 years, so I have a long 2 year off-season to grow. For the off season I don’t want to diet strictly anymore because it just wears me down, however I’m still gonna workout normally.

Anyone else went through this? In my opinion the cons outweigh the pros in this sport, and this is just my first show.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by gainzcollector View Post
    Hey guys,

So I’m currently 3 weeks out and at this point I’m limping to the finish line. I’m 18 and this is my first show for men’s physique.
    The dieting and the cost of everything, including food, gas, supplements, and the “extra” supplements are taking a toll on me. Also I’ve pretty much shut out everyone else except for my parents and my coach. I’m literally training, eating, sleeping, repeat.
    I’ve been depressed about this the last few weeks because I thought that this life would be awesome but it’s just so much work and the cost of prep is crazy.

After the show I don’t really know what I’m gonna do, my plans are to chill out for a while, maybe compete again within 2 years, so I have a long 2 year off-season to grow. For the off season I don’t want to diet strictly anymore because it just wears me down, however I’m still gonna workout normally.

Anyone else went through this? In my opinion the cons outweigh the pros in this sport, and this is just my first show.
    Yea. 18 years old and fouling your body with those "extra" supplements and you feel like maybe it's not worth it? Guess what? It's not.