dannyboy1st is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Skinny fat what to Do?

Male 5'10 162 lbs 19% body fat pretty much a beginner don't know if I should cut or bulk or try to recomp

Also if it is a recomp how would you do it eating at maintenance calorie deficit or calorie cycling

Also if it is a maintenance how would you calculate calories because I've looked at a lot of calculators and they all give different results
    Last edited by dannyboy1st; 03-09-2019 at 09:18 AM.

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Train hard, eat so you‘re not hungry, eat enough protein, watch yourself to not get fat. Cutting and bulking does not apply to beginners, it‘s irrelevant.
    SchleichDiDuOaschloch

How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

I feel like I'm over thinking this but I already feel kind of chubby and just eating without a set goal in mind just doesn't seem right

Registered User SubWooferCooker's Avatar
    SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    Train hard, eat so you‘re not hungry, eat enough protein, watch yourself to not get fat. Cutting and bulking does not apply to beginners, it‘s irrelevant.
    This ^^, When i first started lifting i knew nothing about nutrition or even work out programs, i bought a barbell and some dumbbells and worked out at home, I got bigger and leaner at the same time eating intuitively, Its amazing how so many people in this world maintain roughly the same weight without ever tracking a calorie, i did it for years prior to lifting, everybody in my family has maintained the same weight for the last 10 years and none of them track calories.

Don't start tracking calories until your either not making progress or you are getting too fat. Progress for as long as you can by eating intuitively how we are all designed to eat. When your new to lifting your body will grow doing practically anything. If you are going to track anything just keep an eye on protein and unless your a vegan even that is hard to not hit without the need to track.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by dannyboy1st View Post
    I feel like I'm over thinking this but I already feel kind of chubby and just eating without a set goal in mind just doesn't seem right
    You do have a set goal though - get progressively stronger following a whole body weight training routine - and you'll grow muscle all over and generally improve your shape.

If you get finnicky about this and that detail, that is far more likely to put a throw a spanner in the works than it is to help you. We see that so often, it's the "meathead" guys who just work hard that make the best progress. The OCD guys who want to control everything come back posting help-me threads having achieved nothing.

shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by dannyboy1st View Post
    Male 5'10 162 lbs 19% body fat pretty much a beginner don't know if I should cut or bulk or try to recomp

Also if it is a recomp how would you do it eating at maintenance calorie deficit or calorie cycling

Also if it is a maintenance how would you calculate calories because I've looked at a lot of calculators and they all give different results
    It is a two way process to get rid of skinny fat condition.you can cut first but then you need to bulk or you can bulk first then you need to cut..but as your fat % is above 15% then here is my suggestion for you....I was also a skinny fat guy .....but i successfully managed to get rid of that....
    Attached Images

So just chill out when it comes to calorie counting eat a lot of protein and try to go as hard as possible training

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by shardulgusain View Post
    It is a two way process to get rid of skinny fat condition.you can cut first but then you need to bulk or you can bulk first then you need to cut..but as your fat % is above 15% then here is my suggestion for you....I was also a skinny fat guy .....but i successfully managed to get rid of that....
    15% is likely much leaner than you think.

If someone was 5-10", 150lb, and 16% bodyfat... WHY would they cut?
    The power of carbs compels me!

johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah agreed as above just focus on eating until your not hungry. At your level of experience you will most likely lose fat and gain muscle regardless... as long as diet isn't **** obviously