Shaktibhau is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Beginner looking for a good workout plan??

Hello everyone,,
    I recently saw some pictures of Natasha Aughey on my twitter feed and now: I have a goal of what I want to look like eventually. I have not been working out as of late, because I am in college. For one, I don't have a ton of time and the gym on campus is not always open at reasonable times. I also don't really like working out in front of people, and I get embarrassed easily for no reason, so that has definitely stopped me from going. I feel like I'm being judged by the student athletes- who are mostly guys- and that's not really something I like, so if anyone has tips for getting over that I'd really appreciate it.

I'm looking to gain muscle- I really don't care about weight loss. I'm 18 and I weight 150-something, or around that (I don't have a scale on campus, but that's what I was around this time last month). As far as dieting, I have to eat the food on campus- though it's generally very healthy.

Realistically, I can work out 4-5 days throughout the week, considering my class schedule. I'd really like to gain muscle in my arms, legs, and abs- but I know I have to work out my entire body I'm just mostly interested in gaining muscle in those specific areas. I know I'm not going to look how I want immediately, but I need to start somewhere- right? Literally any advice/guidance would be helpful thank you so much.

Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curmudgeon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Over a year ago, on my first day at the gym, I was extremely intimidated by the bigger guys in there, so much so that I ended up walking back to my room after barely five minutes. And I'm a guy. So I can understand where you're coming from. It took me another month before I managed to make it to the gym again, but this time I somehow made myself keep going for a week or so, even though it was generally a hard experience. And after a few days, it felt very normal and going to the gym to lift weights became second nature. It's just the initial push that needs the majority of your willpower.

Fast forward a year I'm one of the stronger guys at the gym in the campus and definitely see the gym space as one of my comfort zones.

As far as nutrition and training go, certainly read up the stickies. Since you're not concerned about losing weight, I recommend Fierce 5 Novice routine. But there are a ton of other good beginner programs out there. You'll have to consume enough calories (I'm guessing maybe around 2000 at least from your weight), enough protein (at least 2 times your lean body mass in kilos) and fats (at least 0.8 times your lean body mass in kilos). Lift, eat and sleep well, add more weight to the barbell, repeat - it's as simple as that.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon7; 03-07-2019 at 10:43 PM.