wku-n-bg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

try this tri-set for new gains or to switch up your chest routine

I tried this tri-set today and I really got alot out of my chest workout. You warm up of course with some light bb bench press. Then you do 5 reps of maximum weight on barbell bench press, then do a weight that will allow for 10 reps on incline dumbell bench press and then 20 reps of cable crossover. You get an awesome pump and shock the chest with something new. Rest a few minutes as you will really exhaust the chest. It really works all the chest by hitting the muscle at different angles and rep ranges. My chest hasn't been this sore in a while I really tried something new that will be incorporated in to my routine every few weeks.

jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

This is another intense routine

That sounds like a pretty good workout.

Currently the routine I'm doing for chest is pretty intense too.

BB Bench 5x10,8,6,4,4 superset with cable crossovers (8-12 reps)

DB Incline 4x10,8,8,6 superset with pushups to failure (by the last set I can usually only get like 1 or 2!)

Flat flyes or machine flyes 3x12,10,10 superset with dips to failure (first set with bodyweight then move to the assisted machine to get a few extra reps.)
    M.S. Sport Management (in progress)
    B.S. Kinesiology
    http://bodybuilding.com/fun/jonpaul.htm

Re: This is another intense routine

Originally posted by jpdn83
    That sounds like a pretty good workout.

Currently the routine I'm doing for chest is pretty intense too.

BB Bench 5x10,8,6,4,4 superset with cable crossovers (8-12 reps)

DB Incline 4x10,8,8,6 superset with pushups to failure (by the last set I can usually only get like 1 or 2!)

Flat flyes or machine flyes 3x12,10,10 superset with dips to failure (first set with bodyweight then move to the assisted machine to get a few extra reps.)
    Thanks..I will also give yours a try too. I had plateaued a bit...it is good to give it a shock to keep the gains up.

Location: Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    actually, my chest sucks ass. so i will try routines like you two posted. also if u have plataued try working chest twice a week (dont work to failure) like i am thinking of doing.

I have been working chest twice a week but now I am going to try this routine that I posted. I will switch it up going from the tri-set to a not so demanding chest routine on the second day. My chest is lagging too. I read an article in muscle and fitness and arnold stated that you shouldn't always work to failure that you should only do it every so often. I was totally under the impression that you should push it until you could do no more on each set. Unless I am mistaken about what it means to take it to failure. It seems pretty self-explanitory but I could be wrong. I am gonna read up on it.