sydneybaby is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Overeating please help?

Hi,
    A bit of background, I've been "working out" for 4-5 months, mostly doing pilates and lifting sometimes, recently I've started going to the gym regularly and really training my legs/arms, and I've started to overeat like crazy. As an example, today, I ate 1,700 calories (maintenance,) and I was still physically hungry, as in my stomach was rumbling and I felt like a vacuum. I've been feeling like that since I woke up this morning. So I got up tonight, and I ate 700 more calories. I'm really upset at myself for it. The thing is though, this has been happening all the time since I started working out more and I feel so powerless. I should NOT be eating this much. I wasn't even craving anything, I was just so hungry.
    I'm really scared I'm going to get fat, and I don't think it's normal to be overeating like this, any ideas on how to make it stop?

My Diet: I make it a point to eat fruits, vegetables, and protein with every meal. I do not drink juice or soda, only water. I try to eat clean, and most of the time, I do.

Edit: I am not 49, idk why the thing says that. I'm 18, 5'0 and 102 pounds (or at least I was 2 weeks ago, god knows i'm probably more than that now)
    Last edited by sydneybaby; 03-06-2019 at 10:04 PM.

FitFashion90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFashion90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFashion90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFashion90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFashion90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFashion90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFashion90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFashion90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFashion90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFashion90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFashion90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It depends so much on your personal metabolism. When I was about your age, I was extremely active, went to school, had a job where I had to stand up and walk at all times, plus did gym and cardio 3-4 times a week. And I ate A LOT. What I did was I ate how much I wanted to (mainly healthy foods) and did not gain weight since I was so active. You shouldn't worry about getting fat. Eat healthy food as much as you like. It's almost impossible to get fat if you eat only healthy foods.

PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sydneybaby View Post
    Hi,
    A bit of background, I've been "working out" for 4-5 months, mostly doing pilates and lifting sometimes, recently I've started going to the gym regularly and really training my legs/arms, and I've started to overeat like crazy. As an example, today, I ate 1,700 calories (maintenance,) and I was still physically hungry, as in my stomach was rumbling and I felt like a vacuum. I've been feeling like that since I woke up this morning. So I got up tonight, and I ate 700 more calories. I'm really upset at myself for it. The thing is though, this has been happening all the time since I started working out more and I feel so powerless. I should NOT be eating this much. I wasn't even craving anything, I was just so hungry.
    I'm really scared I'm going to get fat, and I don't think it's normal to be overeating like this, any ideas on how to make it stop?

My Diet: I make it a point to eat fruits, vegetables, and protein with every meal. I do not drink juice or soda, only water. I try to eat clean, and most of the time, I do.

Edit: I am not 49, idk why the thing says that. I'm 18, 5'0 and 102 pounds (or at least I was 2 weeks ago, god knows i'm probably more than that now)
    How did you calculate your maintenance calories? Maybe you are hungry because maintenance is higher? 1700 seems too low to me for an active 18 year old even though you are very small. Is this a new Caloric intake for you?

jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your body is trying to tell you that it needs more. Make sure to consume carbs. I do think you are underweight so it would be a good thing to gain some weight. I think you need to increase what you eat for breakfast and lunch.

You have to keep in mind that you are exercising regularly so your body needs to be properly fuelled. Don't be afraid of putting on say ten pounds. It'd be a good thing to put on the weight.
    “With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're young, active, and at the low end of the healthy weight range. If you're hungry, eat. If you continue to have thoughts such as "should NOT be eating" I suggest talking to a doctor.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What are your macros? or what does a typical day of eating look like? You may need to bump calories up a bit if you're being active-no need to starve yourself. Also make sure you're getting in plenty of water
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

Suckstobeshort is on a distinguished road. (+10) Suckstobeshort is on a distinguished road. (+10) Suckstobeshort is on a distinguished road. (+10) Suckstobeshort is on a distinguished road. (+10) Suckstobeshort is on a distinguished road. (+10) Suckstobeshort is on a distinguished road. (+10) Suckstobeshort is on a distinguished road. (+10) Suckstobeshort is on a distinguished road. (+10) Suckstobeshort is on a distinguished road. (+10) Suckstobeshort is on a distinguished road. (+10) Suckstobeshort is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    You're young, active, and at the low end of the healthy weight range. If you're hungry, eat. If you continue to have thoughts such as "should NOT be eating" I suggest talking to a doctor.
    totally this.
    reaching whatever goal you have shouldn’t base on being on starvation mood 24/7. you are young and active so don’t stress yourself out too much. Increase your calorie intake and continue your workout routine and see how you feel.