Adnett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pulled muscle in back of my leg/groin after training legs?

Hi all,

I'm 21 years old and love the gym and have been going a number of years. Before every session I warm up the muscles I will be using in my workout to try and avoid injury. When training legs, I always start with squats and look to do 5x5 or 5x7 (sets x reps) and look to go just slightly past parallel.

During my sessions I am completely fine, and am the day or two afterwards. However, 3-4 days after training legs I often feel my groin straining and being very tight. I think it is my groin... It is around the inside of my legs, very high up (Kind of by my gooch lol) Many times I try and be careful not to irritate the pain by sometimes it just completely pulls and I'm stuck hobbling around as I am in pain and it limits my movement.

Does anyone know how I can avoid this pain from occurring so frequently? It seems to happen almost every time, and stops me from training as much.

Thank you
    James

michaeljonnes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you stretch after exercising? When the muscles are warmed up without sudden movements, you can try to stretch the muscles.

BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Probably adductor longus tendon, it's a weak point of the legs because it doesn't have much bone to latch onto. Could be a strength or mobility problem, you'll have to figure that out yourself but I'd start with training your adductors.

Possibly in the meantime you could pre-fatigue (eg leg curls first, then leg extensions) so you can still have challenging squats, but use less weight so there's less strain on groin muscles while you sort the problem out.