Lkw2000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is this excess skin? And what can i do to improve?

Backstory:: Was 258lbs, got down to 168lbs in about 11 months then started to build muscle. Currently at 172-3.

If this is not allowed, please delete. I can't seem to get straight answers. I have been working on core for about a month now trying to get abs. It seems that the bottom of my stomach. even when i am starting to get abs, is still hanging. How can i tell if it is excess skin? Also, how can I tell if I am putting on fat vs muscle?

Also, other than running (which i am about to start doing a lot). What can i do to improve my physique?

Only workouts i am doing daily are pushups, pullups, crunches, bench, and bicep curls. :/
    Attached Images

bstatic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It is probably both fat and extra skin but it really isn't bad at all. Mine is worse but it looks sooo much better after building muscle. Personally I would just do a bulk that suites your metabolism. You might be a bit like me so I wouldn't be chugging down oatmeal shakes throughout the day. You have done amazing so far and somehow ended up looking like you never were fat.

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It looks like fat to me, although I could be wrong. That's not to say you are fat, you've done amazing to get down from 258 to 168. You may not have very good abdominals and might need to build them up. Crunches might not cut it, you might need to do squats, deadlifts and big exercises that will challenge your core. I know from doing pullups and pushups during lockdown that it's really not optimal compared to having access to decent equipment. Do you have the option of using a gym? Also, running will help to burn calories and reduce weight, but it probably won't help to build muscle. You generally don't see big muscular people who are in to running.

Originally Posted by Lkw2000 View Post
    Also, how can I tell if I am putting on fat vs muscle?
    If you are eating slightly more calories than you burn, and getting stronger every couple of weeks, then it's probably muscle (albeit with some fat gain). But to know this, you need to be tracking calories and tracking your workouts (weight and reps) carefully.