Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Question Giving anything up (or doing something) for Lent?

Anyone planning to give anything up, or maybe do something you wouldn't normally do, for Lent this year?

6th March - 18th April (or similar variations)

3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm giving up pussy.

Unless I actually get some.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    We actually don't "give up" anything for Lent at my current church, but we do a "21 days of prayer and fasting" in January, and another 21 days (often without fasting) in August. The "fast" is not an all-out fast, but you decide what you are "giving up" for that time.

This year I gave up:

- red meat
    - dairy
    - sugar

What are you giving up for Lent?

OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I completely can't decide..
    Part of reason for starting thread. Last year cut out most sugary foods, treats, chocolate etc (which is difficult for me). I've just ended a cut do it'd be a continuation in a way not given up something new to do that this year. Maybe I should aim to do something daily I normally would be lazy about.. thinking Bible reading, but totally undecided!

Entire NYPD should go on Smegmalion's Avatar
    Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smegmalion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not going to drink or fap. Avoiding the first will make the second easier. Kind of coming back to the faith over the last year or so. I can't wait for Lent to start. This will be the first difficult thing I've ever given up, back in the day it was always giving up chocolate or soda or some easy stuff. This will be a good Lent.
    Entire NYPD should go on strike. You'll see then how quickly the mayor changes his tone.

"Dig with your hands, not with your mouths"

Entire NYPD should go on strike. You'll see then how quickly the mayor changes his tone.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Anyone planning to give anything up, or maybe do something you wouldn't normally do, for Lent this year?

6th March - 18th April (or similar variations)
    I almost "gave up" the gym because I was "feeling" so much negative energy on the forum...and was receiving some real negative and insulting feedback from the "wrong" people.....So, I'm actually making a concerted effort to give up listening to BS.....Does that count?
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    I'll clean the lent screen in my dryer, that's about it.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    I almost "gave up" the gym because I was "feeling" so much negative energy on the forum...and was receiving some real negative and insulting feedback from the "wrong" people.....So, I'm actually making a concerted effort to give up listening to BS.....Does that count?
    Not sure that's a Lent (or Lint for IronCharles ) thing but not getting emotionally affected (or is that effected, cue the grammar Nazis) by BS is a good round the year thing.
    Wow.. If posts on this site was undermining your gym, then what's more important? Just stop coming here for a while (I hope you don't!) better that than stop gym. Maybe it gets to people... I'm still shocked that "I'll mod till I'm dead" (his Sig line at one point) Ironwill left. I heard some really good advice from him, what a big loss for the site. I really hope none of my nonsense was a contributor in that.

etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure that's a Lent (or Lint for IronCharles ) thing but not getting emotionally affected (or is that effected, cue the grammar Nazis) by BS is a good round the year thing.
    Wow.. If posts on this site was undermining your gym, then what's more important? Just stop coming here for a while (I hope you don't!) better that than stop gym. Maybe it gets to people... I'm still shocked that "I'll mod till I'm dead" (his Sig line at one point) Ironwill left. I heard some really good advice from him, what a big loss for the site. I really hope none of my nonsense was a contributor in that.
    The site didn't interfere with my regimen....I was dealing with some bad insomnia for a while. What advice did Ironwill give you guys? Maybe I could use some too (I am as tough as you guys...I could always use BB tips)? He is very knowledgeable.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ironwill is gone? Damn, solid guy. Big loss for sure.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

...What advice did Ironwill give you guys?....
    Not necessarily any specific piece of advice that nobody else knew, or even give lots of it (except for stickies where he did give lots)

But he always seemed to give just the right bit of advice at just the right time.
    That's beyond knowledge... that's wisdom

Not necessarily any specific piece of advice that nobody else knew, or even give lots of it (except for stickies where he did give lots)

But he always seemed to give just the right bit of advice at just the right time.
    That's beyond knowledge... that's wisdom
    Why did he choose to leave? I agree...He is beyond intelligent in all aspects of weightlifting (judging from his posts).

Stay on topic: Why give up something you are passionate about...even if it's for Lent?

Positive Mental Attitude Aristotelian's Avatar
    Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You should honestly avoid that section of the forum completely. Almost every thread there, even the serious ones, becomes a race to the bottom of trolling, insults and flaming. If you're uncomfortable getting your hands dirty with that, best to not even bother there. Though I get why you'd want to post there, especially to share information and positive experiences.

I haven't practiced Lent in a long, long time. My wife and I talk about 'giving up alcohol' so...this might be a good reason to try it out officially.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Last time I did the lent thing was back in the 60's, now i'm in my 60's I don't think I have much left that's worth giving up LOL.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Originally Posted by Aristotelian View Post
    You should honestly avoid that section of the forum completely. Almost every thread there, even the serious ones, becomes a race to the bottom of trolling, insults and flaming. If you're uncomfortable getting your hands dirty with that, best to not even bother there. Though I get why you'd want to post there, especially to share information and positive experiences.

I haven't practiced Lent in a long, long time. My wife and I talk about 'giving up alcohol' so...this might be a good reason to try it out officially.
    I'll just say this quickly....Believe me, if I said what I REALLY wanted to say in the "trolling" misc...I'd be banned for eternity....So, yes, I try VERY hard to keep it "classy," because I do not believe in lowering my standards just to insult people, while still hoping to shed some "positive" or "informative" light to the betas....I'll give up, don't worry!!!

Why did he choose to leave? I agree...He is beyond intelligent in all aspects of weightlifting (judging from his posts).

Stay on topic: Why give up something you are passionate about...even if it's for Lent?
    Well.. it's about doing something as a reminder. Sacrificing something is the usual approach and if it has no difficulty it's no sacrifice. Equally though you could do something that you don't ordinarily do.. IMHO that's just as valid (for me anyway). I thought no I'll choose to do something this time, see how that goes. Making it easy. Think I'll read Isiah, it's got a lot of chapters though. Still got a few hours to make my mind up

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Think I'll read Isiah, it's got a lot of chapters though. Still got a few hours to make my mind up
    Good luck. At 66 chapters, Isaiah is long winded with pronouncement this and pronouncement that. Jeremiah is pretty interesting though, it still has the prophetic bits but the guy was around for the fall of Jerusalem under the Babylonians so you get the last days of the Jewish system + the situation under siege + the struggles of the prophet himself being persecuted. Good stuff.
    "it's likely one of us will have to spend some days alone"

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I did not know Ironwill left
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Positive Mental Attitude Aristotelian's Avatar
    Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    I did not know Ironwill left
    He talks about it in his workout journal - it's a gold mine in every sense of the word: dog pics; a reminder to have my glass of milk; lifting; food photos, etc. For what it's worth I think he brings a lot of value to the forums so hopefully it's a temporary hiatus.

@ET - some men 'you just can't reach'.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Aristotelian View Post
    He talks about it in his workout journal - it's a gold mine in every sense of the word: dog pics; a reminder to have my glass of milk; lifting; food photos, etc. For what it's worth I think he brings a lot of value to the forums so hopefully it's a temporary hiatus.

@ET - some men 'you just can't reach'.
    Awesome journal indeed.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't drink, I don't smoke, my diet is in check 98% of the time. The only thing I would call a vice that I could give up is coffee and that ain't going to happen.

Happy lenting everyone!
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why did he choose to leave?
    Moderators are unpaid, and like a doctor who thinks everyone is sick because that's who gets referred to them, we don't always see the best parts of a discussion forum.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lentils. Hail mutha fukkin' Mary
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    Lentils. Hail mutha fukkin' Mary
    You eating the lentils for lent, or giving up the lentils? I mean if someone has leguminaphobia (you couldn't make that stuff up!) then just going near lentils would be an extreme act of sacrifice
    Last edited by OldFartTom; 03-14-2019 at 02:22 AM. Reason: added legumionophiba comment

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am giving up sobriety.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm giving away belly lint for lent, does that count?
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671