Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Got my blood work back from the ND & it turns out I have an autoimmune disease. I guess its better than cancer...at least that was my first reaction, but this is a kind that attacks the connective tissues. I think I knew something had been off for years. So at least I no longer feel un motivated or lazy, and have a reason. Its not Lupus or Sjornes (sp) or the other common names, but I dont have the money for other testing. And, even with a name, what would the difference be? All I can do is manage symptoms and take care of myself.

All the more reason to stay on course with my workouts and diet. Its just very surreal, and I am sorta scared and also ready to fight back. BBL with my at home workout. Kid woke up throwing up. Fun fun, poor kiddo.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Incline Push Up x10 x10 x10
    Decline Push Up x4 x5 x5
    DB Chest press off of yoga ball: 15#DBs 3x12
    DB chest fly off yoga ball: 15#dbs 2x10
    DB BO Row: 15#dbs x12 30#dbs x8 x8 plus drop set to 15#dbs for 8
    Supermans 3x10
    AB stuff
    DB push press 15#dbs x5 x8 x8
    DB bi curl
    Lat DB fly
    OH Tri ext ..all about 3x10

Felt good, but missing the gym. Chest is easy to work at home, but I struggle to get creative with back work. Especially mimicking a wg lat pull down.
    "Choice is ours whether

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Legs from home

Step Up onto 20" box: 2x10 then 1x10 with 16#

Hip Thrusters: 2x10 +15#x10 +30#x 10 x10

Sumo Squats: x10 +30# x10 x10

Banded Squats: 3 x10

Band Glute kick backs: 3x 10 with red band

Hamstring ball roll ins: 2 x10

This was a tough one for me. But its done!
    "Choice is ours whether

LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    Got my blood work back from the ND & it turns out I have an autoimmune disease. I guess its better than cancer...at least that was my first reaction, but this is a kind that attacks the connective tissues. I think I knew something had been off for years. So at least I no longer feel un motivated or lazy, and have a reason. Its not Lupus or Sjornes (sp) or the other common names, but I dont have the money for other testing. And, even with a name, what would the difference be? All I can do is manage symptoms and take care of myself.

All the more reason to stay on course with my workouts and diet. Its just very surreal, and I am sorta scared and also ready to fight back. BBL with my at home workout. Kid woke up throwing up. Fun fun, poor kiddo.
    Sorry about the diagnosis but it sounds like you are trying to make the best of it. Hopefully getting back into working out will help. Good luck to you!

Thank you! All we can do is move forward.

Yesterday I did 30 min treadmill walk at 10 incline and @ 2.7 mph. I repeated that this morning. I think I am going to have to do cardio daily to see stuff move lol.
    "Choice is ours whether

TRX assisted/ banded Squats: 3x10
    Lunges: 3x10
    TRX hamstring curls: 3 sets to failure
    High knees, yeah, not about that today
    Mt climbers for 2 sets
    Single leg glute bridge: 3x5
    Single leg KB DL: 4x10
    Mobility work

30 min tm walk at 2.7-3 mpg at 7%incline

Was not feeling strong today. Kinda meh, so this was pretty good! Also I am happy to be doing a)lunges b) single leg glute bridges!! Getting stronger!!
    "Choice is ours whether

Rest day.

Supposed to start a new med that has some crazy side effects, and I am scared.

All that has been going on with my body has me feeling so crazy and isolated, because no one understands what its like. I think its just getting through a lot of discomforts, raising 2 humans, and trying to have faith that this will go away...or at least become something I make peace with. Id like to say I care about my weight or look more, but at this point I am in survival mode. I work out to create strength and to remind myself I can do it, and am lucky to be able to. Even if its not the impressive numbers I used to throw around, I can tell you that I am just as proud of myself.
    "Choice is ours whether

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ugh I'm so sorry you're going through health issues too Thinking of you - I know the potential side effects are scary, but I hope it end up helping more than harming xoxo
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Rest day.

All that has been going on with my body has me feeling so crazy and isolated, because no one understands what its like. I think its just getting through a lot of discomforts, raising 2 humans, and trying to have faith that this will go away...or at least become something I make peace with. Id like to say I care about my weight or look more, but at this point I am in survival mode. I work out to create strength and to remind myself I can do it, and am lucky to be able to. Even if its not the impressive numbers I used to throw around, I can tell you that I am just as proud of myself.
    I know what it's like to feel isolated. And having recently gone through that feeling myself, I can say there are people out there who do know what it is like. There is probably a group, most likely on ********, that they have the same diagnosis as you. They may be able to help you with the areas you are scared about, like medication side effects. And they may have inspiring stories of how they are living with their diagnosis. Don't be afraid or too proud to ask for help.

I am sending you positive and loving vibes.
    Life's journey is not about arriving at your grave in a perfect, well-preserved body, but, rather to slide in head-first yelling "Holy ****!!! What a Ride!!!!

LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rest day.

You may not be doing what you once did, but the part about raising 2 humans and dealing with a mystery illness is huge. You're doing what you can in less than optimal conditions. I would think that would be reason for most to kick their feet up and say the heck with it. Keep up the work!

Treadmill cardio: 35 mins @ 2.7mph at 8-10% incline. Felt like a$$ but I did it hahaha!

MacGyver-ed a cable pull through by anchoring a red resistance band to the treadmill. 4x10 reps
    *I did feel this in a bad way in my low back, but cant tell if its form or just flair up
    Seated cable rows with same set up: 4 x10
    Glute band kick backs: 4x10
    Bulgarians: 4 x8 *torso is not vertical, probably weak, but still a PR
    Wall sits: 4 times to failure
    "Choice is ours whether

Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Ugh I'm so sorry you're going through health issues too Thinking of you - I know the potential side effects are scary, but I hope it end up helping more than harming xoxo
    Thank you. I am not big on pills, because I am a control freak and know everything has a cost...but I have to let go a bit. Thank you.

Originally Posted by erica44 View Post
    I know what it's like to feel isolated. And having recently gone through that feeling myself, I can say there are people out there who do know what it is like. There is probably a group, most likely on ********, that they have the same diagnosis as you. They may be able to help you with the areas you are scared about, like medication side effects. And they may have inspiring stories of how they are living with their diagnosis. Don't be afraid or too proud to ask for help.

I am sending you positive and loving vibes.
    I am not on FB these days. Its not good for my mental health. I tend to get too obsessed with it. Maybe I can find a yahoo group or something? Thank you for reaching out. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by LynnInAla View Post
    You may not be doing what you once did, but the part about raising 2 humans and dealing with a mystery illness is huge. You're doing what you can in less than optimal conditions. I would think that would be reason for most to kick their feet up and say the heck with it. Keep up the work!
    Hey, thank you! Doing my best!
    "Choice is ours whether

erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You sound just like me. I got off FB 3 years ago. It was more bad than good for me. I hated all the drama. I recently got back on, under a completely new account, and the reason for that is that I found the things I was interested in, or groups, were all on ********. meetup, yahoo, and others, just didn't seem to have the activity or up to date stuff like ******** does. I was reluctant to do it, but I went ahead and did it, but again under a completely new account, so I could start fresh and be very particular about what I would see on my feed. I don't follow any person, and the only groups I see are like trail running and weather groups, rv camping, and the rucking group local to here. So far it has been good. I don't see all the nastiness, and if something does slip through I immediately delete, block, or unfollow it.

Not trying to push it on you, just wanted to share since I recently went through this process myself.
    Life's journey is not about arriving at your grave in a perfect, well-preserved body, but, rather to slide in head-first yelling "Holy ****!!! What a Ride!!!!

Originally Posted by erica44 View Post
    You sound just like me. I got off FB 3 years ago. It was more bad than good for me. I hated all the drama. I recently got back on, under a completely new account, and the reason for that is that I found the things I was interested in, or groups, were all on ********. meetup, yahoo, and others, just didn't seem to have the activity or up to date stuff like ******** does. I was reluctant to do it, but I went ahead and did it, but again under a completely new account, so I could start fresh and be very particular about what I would see on my feed. I don't follow any person, and the only groups I see are like trail running and weather groups, rv camping, and the rucking group local to here. So far it has been good. I don't see all the nastiness, and if something does slip through I immediately delete, block, or unfollow it.

Not trying to push it on you, just wanted to share since I recently went through this process myself.
    I made a new one under a false name. UGhhhhhh lol. I am going to need it, I think, for a few other things. I do miss Buy Nothing, and the Food Is Free groups. I will just have to try to steer clear of the drama.
    Thank you for the support.
    "Choice is ours whether

I did a quick workout yesterday that I gave up tracking.
    It was a mix of knee push ups, DB presses, DB fly, DB rows, Band rows...& bicep curls.
    My body was not having it, and I am having a struggle figuring out what pain to push through vs respect.

My GOAL for today is a 20 min walk on the TM, and hopefully that will lead into more exercise.
    "Choice is ours whether

Today I had vodka.

Yesterday I got my 20 in.

Feeling overwhelmed by it all.

Adulting is lame...
    "Choice is ours whether

Today I had vodka.

Yesterday I got my 20 in.

Feeling overwhelmed by it all.

Adulting is lame...
    You set a goal and achieved it. That's a lot with what you have on your plate right now!

Lynn, thank you for your support. I know you understand that I am trying to find that area where to push through the discomfort vs stop and find a new way. As long as I can keep moving, all will be okay.

Did an at home workout with Eric. We had a lot of laughs because his toe taps looked more like an angry River Dance lol!! But he even admitted he needed to up his intensity in the gym.
    We did supersets with 25 toe taps in between each set, and it was harder than it looked on paper. I am too lazy to type it out with numbers, but squats, pushups, DB rows, Hamstring ball curls, supermans, Bulgarian lunges, bicep curls, tri ext, shoulder press.

Yesterday I set out to lift and my L hip was being a turd. I was really angry at first, because I REALLY want to build this booty back, but had to redirect. Ended up doing thoracic spine mobility work (I lack this big time), Head stands, yoga swing assisted back bends, pelvic tilts, glute bridges, breath work, and all the woo woo stuff I want to hate but know it works. GAH! And if I can throw a fit in here to get it out, its just so freaking frustrating not being able to lift like I want to!!

Woke up very sore in my low back and hips, but suspect it is because my body needed the work. I am so tight all the time.
    "Choice is ours whether

I realllly need a diet. Or just the motivation to track again. Its the only way I lose, short of a tonsillectomy lol!

And its really hard for me to admit that I am 'here' because I would never have envisioned myself struggling again with my weight. My body loves to hover around 147-150. When I was fit, it was 143, but about 3" less on the hips and abs. Now I am just fluffy. And I keep getting mad at myself...but not having the will power to change. Like, I KNOW THIS STUFF!!! I spent years obsessed over food! I, like many in here, had an eating disorder for 10 years, and transferred that obsession into lifting and diet. It worked for a long time....until I had kids, and I hate that that is my reason. It was just a mental tipping point where I had to let go of something to survive.
    So, how do I get this back without being a ball of self hate and negativity? Or have to obsess over tracking..which, you kinda have to do if you track.
    "Choice is ours whether

Did 2 Yoga With Adriene videos. MEH!!! I think its irritating when you have to lengthen muscles, but shortening them feels good. Like, I cant even sit straight up with my knees bent in front of me with out discomfort. And just the action of sitting tall for a long time fatigues my low back. I am seeing a PT who deals with pp trauma, to see if she can help me figure this out. I had a crazy brutal back labor with my second, and have had low back pain ever since. I think it ties into the fact that I had SPD in the last trimester, and maybe my hips never recovered correctly? Who knows? Too many loose ends to guess on my own.

Ate like poop so far. So I am going to eat great the rest of the day. I think its not that I eat junk food, I just eat too much food. Especially fats at this point.
    "Choice is ours whether

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I realllly need a diet. Or just the motivation to track again. Its the only way I lose, short of a tonsillectomy lol!

And its really hard for me to admit that I am 'here' because I would never have envisioned myself struggling again with my weight. My body loves to hover around 147-150. When I was fit, it was 143, but about 3" less on the hips and abs. Now I am just fluffy. And I keep getting mad at myself...but not having the will power to change. Like, I KNOW THIS STUFF!!! I spent years obsessed over food! I, like many in here, had an eating disorder for 10 years, and transferred that obsession into lifting and diet. It worked for a long time....until I had kids, and I hate that that is my reason. It was just a mental tipping point where I had to let go of something to survive.
    So, how do I get this back without being a ball of self hate and negativity? Or have to obsess over tracking..which, you kinda have to do if you track.
    Yes, you do know it, sereenie. I remember. If I remember, you do, too.

Just gonna drop this here

Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Hey!

So I have more answers as to what is going on with my body. Good news is that I am not crazy. Bad news is I have Bartonella, which is a co-infection of Lyme disease. Its really been a confusing journey. And I am pretty heartbroken at this phase, but I am mentally strong so this will fade into acceptance soon.

I am on a 3 month course of antibiotics. Doxycycline and Riframpin. Like, goodbye gut flora. But I have no choice, this stuff can affect the brain, liver, and bone tissues. So I am trying not to freak out. I was lucky to have a ND that saw the symptoms and tested accordingly. I am thankful we qualify for financial assistance because these labs are expensive, as are the meds.

I will be working on doing yoga still, making myself sweat, but depending on the day- lots of exertion may not be beneficial. I am also going to do Wim Hof breathing exercises https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzCaZQqAs9I Because its important to turn on the parasympathetic NS in terms of healing.

I might continue to log here. I dont think anyone minds. I really hope to bring awareness to this often missed disease. It bypasses blood work, so conventional docs might diagnose you with fibro or down play your symptoms until its too late.

So lets hope I caught this in time.
    "Choice is ours whether