MrsD21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to lose belly fat and get rid of the pouch?

I have been so out of shape for 4 years, I have not set foot in a gym since my daughter was born and that was 4 year ago. 2 weeks ago I started excercising at home and eating healthier, I was eating so much junk food and sweets and I felt bloated all the time. I am at my goal weight, (I was very skinny before, 90 pounds) now 116 lbs, I am 5'1, but I want to start toning muscle and most importantly, I want to lose the famous POUCH. I just ordered a Peloton bike and are waiting for it to be delivered next Wednesday March 6 (SO EXCITED) Before I got pregnant I used to go to the gym and took a couple of spinning classes. So, the question is, HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS BELLY FAT AND POUCH? What types of excercises do I need to do? Thank you

jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pregnancy tends to do that to the stomach area. My advice is time and sticking to your toning exercises. Give it some time.
    “With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

Registered User HayZues Christi's Avatar
    HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jay283 View Post
    Pregnancy tends to do that to the stomach area. My advice is time and sticking to your toning exercises. Give it some time.

Toning exercises?

Nearly 3k posts here and that's the advice you give??
    Ol' 71st street. The devil that birthed me.

606 G0D.

jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HayZues Christi View Post
    Toning exercises?

Nearly 3k posts here and that's the advice you give??
    She's 116 lbs which is not a weight to be encouraging weight loss. I did not want to encourage some obsession with getting rid of the belly pouch which all pregnant women experience. I didn't want her to feel stressed out over it.

However I am not the most experienced in these matters. I do think once she gets back into exercising, the pouch will reduce. That and avoiding junk food. I'm biased because mothers are always worrying about how they look because of the pouch. So I didn't want to encourage the idea that it was urgent to get rid of the pouch.

But you do have a point.
    “With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

MrsD21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    She's 116 lbs which is not a weight to be encouraging weight loss. I did not want to encourage some obsession with getting rid of the belly pouch which all pregnant women experience. I didn't want her to feel stressed out over it.

However I am not the most experienced in these matters. I do think once she gets back into exercising, the pouch will reduce. That and avoiding junk food. I'm biased because mothers are always worrying about how they look because of the pouch. So I didn't want to encourage the idea that it was urgent to get rid of the pouch.

But you do have a point.
    Thank you

Registered User HayZues Christi's Avatar
    HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

But you do have a point.

Pregnant women? She hasnt been pregnant in over 4 years.

She needs to build muscle or lose fat. Probably both.

No core strength + high sugar diet = pouch.
    Ol' 71st street. The devil that birthed me.

606 G0D.

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Keep it simple, move more, eat less, exercise in ways you enjoy most.

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    While 116 is an acceptable weight for her height it's not even close to the lowest she could go and be healthy.

OP: Chances are you will need to both gain muscle and lose fat to get the body you are imagining for yourself. These can't be done at the same time generally. Pelotons are fun but they're not going to build muscle anywhere but your quads. Any way you can incorporate strength training into your routine in addition to the bike? Even if it's at-home, bodyweight work it'll help.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

ema2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can't spot reduce fat. The solution is to lose some fat overall untill you get to a point you are satisfied with how it looks. You can build your other body parts if you want to change your proportions, but that would take alot longer.
    Sincs you are 116lbs you can go lower. I am 5'6" and 116 is normal for me, I have been at that weight too, so I doubt it would be unhealthy for you to go ower than that.

renj1e is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just run , i think