Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User BodyBldgPwrLftr's Avatar
    BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by andy0w View Post
    Made some pictures. And I'm horrified by them.
    Good thing: I'm largely pain free. And I am not totally sedentary.

But I really need to step it up.
    Diet wise, and workouts.
    Being largely pain free is pretty significant at any age, but even more so in our age group IMO. Keep at it.
    I'm striving to do the best I can with what I have.

Find & follow me on Instagram @fortyfiedfitness

FORTYfied Fitness & Strength channel on YouTube channel here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbtBxvY6i-lcfVU9heTKMrA

andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Trying all pro beginners 8 rep series, with a few modifications.

andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The older you get the more time you need to spend on fixing things that suddenly don't work anymore, or show signs of unpleasantness that wasn't there last week.

Had almost a week running from pontius to pilatus for eye problems.

Sitting 5 minutes cross legged with a straight back and I feel as if someone wants to rip my leg out.

Started another 8rep. No holidays in sight. Will have gym access for weeks ro come.

5th consecutive day of moderate activity.

Fu** it. Haven't been to gym since then. Just yoga once a week and walk to office and back every day.

My eyes went crazy and Mother in law passed away and my tight schedule went haywire.

Stick to yoga for now. And diet.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sorry to hear about those setbacks, Andy, and really sorry to hear about the Mother in Law passing. Those can be pretty tough events.

The walking and diet are better than nothing, but I hope you can find a way to get back to the gym soon. It will do you good, both physically and emotionally.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Weight remains at 115kg. Eating more proteins now. Cut down on carbs. Too rainy for running or gardening.
    More time for stretching and yoga.
    I can see some improvements here.
    No pain in wrist for months.
    More movement in shoulder with no pain.
    More movement in rump - back and forward. Unassisted.
    Hips and knees, quads and hamstrings.
    Lotus seat, "pancake". I don't fall over to the back anymore when sitting on the floor with legs straight or crossed legged.

Rare pain in knee while sitting in office.
    Rare pain in knee and hips while walking.

30s plank yesterday, but that can't be right. Need to check the technique.

Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    keep after it andy. i'm recently returned from a long hiatus myself, and have a pile of medical issues to work thru, not the least being that I just had gastric sleeve in august, so my diet is nothing but protein right now.

even if all you're doing right now is walking, you can amp that up a touch. when that was all i could do, i would walk along the curb, 3 steps on the curb, 3 in the gutter, wash, rinse, repeat forever. that gets you some stepping and a bit more cardio into your walk if you increase your pace.

setbacks happen every day, and they'll add up if you let them, but as long as you're able to, just keep pushing forward. You don't have to be a rock star right now, that'll come in time if you just keep after it.
    my workout blog: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177584181&p=1588523911#post1588523911

Smile

Very strange. My love handles are gone. My stomach seems to get flatter.
    There isn't this compact mass but more like lose skin, albeit thicker..
    My balance is better than last year..I can get into pants without leaning onto something. I can stand on one leg with the other one lifted high.
    Last year I couldn't reach behind my bum with the right hand. Now I get up between the scapulas.
    From sitting Japanese style I can lean back onto a sofa. And lean forward to touch the floor with my head..

Yet my weight is higher than when I started this journey.

It's not exactly where I wanted to be. But nevertheless I'm quite happy.

After 50 years swimming exclusively breast stroke did my first ever lane of freestyle yesterday. Can't coordinate arms and legs yet. Legs must look like I have a seizure. But I did a full lane just using the arms. With legs being a hindrance.

Stretching. Cross legged sitting. Bending forward. Balance while squatting on toes. Pushups. Hanging. Scapula pullup. Bicycle crunch - slowly but elbow touching the opposite knee - nice.
    Not going for reps but range of motion.
    And breathing.

2 lanes freestyle, 30 lanes breast stroke. In the water I still feel most comfortable.

Thumbs up

Boah. Feeling my back today after that swim session yesterday.

4 days, 5 exercise sessions.
    Gym, yoga, HIIT

Now need a rest. Tired, and also need to sleep more and rebuild muscles(?).

And it's raining all week. Everything's wet. Need to buy some rain gear. And shopping for the week ahead.
    Cycling, walking, swimming.
    No car.

Form follows function

Found some sources that talk about rib flare.
    That fits right in a major grievance I have since I was a kid. Until recently I didn't even have a name for that.
    Seems I have my work cut out for the next years.
    Rib flare
    Rounded shoulders
    Shoulder flexion
    Balance
    Hanging shoulder

Yoga
    Alexander
    Tuina
    Tai Ji

And change of diet to address the stomach fat.
    No car.

Discipline

My biggest problem. Sticking to the plan.
    And getting back to the plan. And refocus.

The only thing I really did continuously since January is yoga.

It's 9 months since that first post. Weight is still the same.
    I'm sure I'll be getting some flak from my sis at the holidays.
    She is much more disciplined.
    After her motorbike crash three years ago, and breaking three limbs she is now back in competition. 2nd place in the county in archery. 3 years ago she couldn't even comb her hair.
    No car.

Diet

On my second week of meticulous recording.

And it seems the weight is going down.
    My yoga picture seems to look a bit more streamlined and firmer than in July.

I will need a shorter belt. And my shirts seem to get smaller around the shoulder.
    No car.

Weight

Weightloss kicking in.

One week on the better side of 115 kg.

Doing breathing and obliques wherever I stand and walk (when I remember).
    No car.

Circumference

Belt: 1 more hole to go.
    Standing straight, belly: 110 cm
    Sitting, slumped, belly totally relaxed: 125 cm

Still a lot of work.
    No car.