ohyo777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Protein + Creatine question

Hello people, I’ve been struggling to get around this doubt of mine for a few weeks now but not my friends nor the internet ever had a clear answer. I’ll get straight to the point;

I’m currently taking whey proteins ( 60gr a day ) which contains 2.25gr of creatine together with all the other supplements. Alongside that I’m also taking creatine (3gr a day), however I don’t know whether or not I should do something like 3 - 2,25 = 1,25 or just take the 3 grams plus the ones from my daily protein shake? Thanks in advance, have a nice day

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That recommendation 3g is not as precise as you think, really it's just a broad estimate. Chances are you are getting enough from the protein powder. If you also eat red meat fairly often you'll get some from there too.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ohyo777 View Post
    Hello people, I’ve been struggling to get around this doubt of mine for a few weeks now but not my friends nor the internet ever had a clear answer. I’ll get straight to the point;

I’m currently taking whey proteins ( 60gr a day ) which contains 2.25gr of creatine together with all the other supplements. Alongside that I’m also taking creatine (3gr a day), however I don’t know whether or not I should do something like 3 - 2,25 = 1,25 or just take the 3 grams plus the ones from my daily protein shake? Thanks in advance, have a nice day
    To maintain saturation you can likely take as little as 3g a day or 5g on workout days if you really want to be safe. It's your call, no need to overthink it.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

So you suggest to just stop taking creatine altogether and stick to protein powder ( which contains 2.25g of creatine per servings) and red meat instead? This is a bit confusing

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ohyo777 View Post
    So you suggest to just stop taking creatine altogether and stick to protein powder ( which contains 2.25g of creatine per servings) and red meat instead? This is a bit confusing
    Yes

Why is it confusing? You are still getting approximately the right amount of creating each day.

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    To maintain saturation you can likely take as little as 3g a day or 5g on workout days if you really want to be safe. It's your call, no need to overthink it.
    Makes sense. So let’s assume I’m not working out for the day, it’s best to just take about 1,5g of creatine PLUS the 2,25g from my daily protein shake to maintain saturation, right? As for when I’m working out instead, I could go for about 2,5g PLUS proteins

OnePoundFish00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your overcomplicating things so much as if it's a recipe haha, just make sure you're getting creatine in every day, like 2g minumum. Also it doesn't matter if it's a workout day or not, creatine takes like 30 days until the muscles saturate so it won't affect it anyways.

truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah it's not THAT serious / doesn't have to be that strict

half the time I just heap up a scoop and I'm good. Could be getting 4g could be getting 8g+

just keep on it daily and you're fine. Take the extra amount with your protein shake if you want and just see how it goes.

Alright thank you everyone, I’m new to the weightlifting world therefore I had some amateur doubts and I tend to overthink stuff that could be just routine for any of you. Cheers, I’ll report back eventually