BillBoy91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Totally frustrated and confused. Please help!!

Hey everyone,

Was looking for some advice as couldn't seem to find an answer researching (doing a Google search ha) but long story short, coming up to a few months ago now, I hired an online PT (not going to name)

My goal was to gain strength and size with keeping BF as low as possible. My weight being around 63kg at the time. Now this trainer really put an emphasis on nutrition which is what I needed as I was really sick st the time, low energy etc. Nutrition wise I cannot fault. Diet is great and feel much healtiher.

But training wise.... I actually feel like my physique is deteoritated if I'm being honest strength has defintiely dropped for sure. My motivation is at 0 at the moment due to the horrendously repetitive training programme which is what I wanted to ask you guys about.

Bascially what is your opinion on this workout?

It would be six exercises example:

Squats/Hip Thrusts and the rest acesseory work. But EVERY exercise is 8 sets of 8 reps with 30 secs rest each set. Is this actually a thing? I find it extremely mundane after the first two big lifts and its driving me nuts. Have walked out the gym twice now due to thought of how long and repetitive it is

Is this a good method guys? As I am at my wits end here and dont know what to do.

Also it's worth noting that I am 65kg now but only because I started eating more than what was said as I wasnt gaining any weight
    Last edited by BillBoy91; 02-25-2019 at 04:49 PM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Really not clear at all what's in your program although it doesn't sound promising.

Trying to stay lean at an already low bodyweight frequently results in lack of progress, you will have to bight the bullet and eat more, even if it means gaining a little extra fluff in the medium term. The alternative is to stay where you are so it's up to you...

Hi there,

Yeah I am willing to do that definitely, basically the programme is like what I said.... 8 sets of of 8 reps with 30 second rest. So my chest day is like

Barbell Incline Press 8 sets of 8 reps

DB Chest Press 8 sets of 8 reps

DB Chest Fly 8 sets of 8 reps

DB Bicep curl 8 sets of 8 reps

DB Seated Curl 8 sets of 8 reps

Like is it me or is that not mundane and feels like a lazy programme design? I am willing to put work in but after the first two workouts I am bored to death.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That's totally inappropriate for a novice.

Have a look at the routines we recommend like Fierce 5 in the sticky threads at the top of the forum page. You'll see they have a handful of exercises repeated several times a week with much fewer sets.

What you are trying to do there is dig a hole with the edge of a sheet of paper - when you should be using a chisel.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 02-26-2019 at 01:56 AM.

Thanks mate. That's what I thought! To be honest I ain't a novice in lfiting but been f*cked over by pts

One got me bulked up but nutrition advice was so poor I got extremely ill and sick. Then another dropped me from 85kg to 62kg and everyone was saying I looked ill and he wasnt really focused on me

Then this one. I didnt want to waste my time or money again so that's why I wanted advice thank you

It might be a bit galling to hear this, but you may still have the lifts of a novice if you haven't been training right. What are your maximum effort squat, bench, deadlift?

There is never a good reason to do an extreme diet - not when losing fat (limit yourself to 1% of bodyweight per week) and certainly not when gaining muscle (gain weight as slow as possible while still making progress with lifts).

OnePoundFish00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lmao why are you hiring all sorts of different PTs? Just do your own reserach on this forum and youtube, and follow a reputable program and you will make gains. No need to waste money on PTs

Oh not it's cool I dont take it personally mate

1 rep max Squat (when I was 63kg) was 125kg

Deadlift 165kg

Bench 85kg

Thanks for all this advice. Honestly I really appreciate it as I am not a very confident person and go to the gym to get that up and I love it! But when things like this happen, it's like taking 10 steps back I'm convinced my physique has deteriorated since doing this programme as well as clothes are just hanging on me. And the thing is I give 110%, but this programme is so repetitive and long that the motivation is a bloody real struggle. Have walked out twice now

Originally Posted by OnePoundFish00 View Post
    Lmao why are you hiring all sorts of different PTs? Just do your own reserach on this forum and youtube, and follow a reputable program and you will make gains. No need to waste money on PTs

Well I thought that was what a PT was meant to do. Help. Clearly none are that educated. Trust me I have learnt the hard way

OK so you've come on more than I expected. What's probably limiting you at this point is getting enough calories and protein. Perhaps use a routine like Fierce 5 upper/lower for intermediates.

Thank you so much for the advice mate. I think I will do the normal one first only because next Monday I got an operation and will be out of gym for a month so will probs have lost some strength. In the meantime I will sack the pt off and this is something to look forward to getting stuck into when I return

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by BillBoy91 View Post
    Well I thought that was what a PT was meant to do. Help. Clearly none are that educated. Trust me I have learnt the hard way
    There are some good PTs, unfortunately the majority have destroyed the reputation of the profession. Many have no official training and most “certification” programs are laughable. People often judge the quality of a PT by the way they look...which means little, since look is determined by genetics and personal effort, not necessarily education or qualifications.

Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    There are some good PTs, unfortunately the majority have destroyed the reputation of the profession. Many have no official training and most “certification” programs are laughable. People often judge the quality of a PT by the way they look...which means little, since look is determined by genetics and personal effort, not necessarily education or qualifications.
    Very well said. Thank you. Unlike the other dude that seems to find the thought hilarious. To be honest this guy had great reviews and feedback so this is why I am shocked. But i feel like his speciality is more the health and nutrition. And I want that but I also want it to come hand in hand with a physical transformation, and that is where its falling short.