xtend123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Mom freaking against me bodybuilding!!!!

Hi, I'm kinda new here(created my account long ago but never used it much).

So I'm a 17 year old male from India who has been loving to hit the gym for a complete 2 years now. My mom is always against me bodybuilding. Almost everyday she tells me to stop going to the gym and I'm going to only get bulkier and bulkier and "fat"???? Why would someone want to get fat unless they are skinny as heck.

Anyway, she keeps telling me I gotta stop going to gym and do YOGA with her??? She doesn't even let me take supplements, like whey protein and stuff. She thinks that's steroids and says it will kill me but my dad takes it and she doesn't do ****??? She also refuses to give me enough protein in my diet. As some of you may know already, typical Indian diets lack protein usually and people around here get excited for eating chicken for protein whereas it should be added in everyday diet.

Well, my mom doesn't even give me enough protein in my diet(literally says 30 grams of protein a day is more than enough) and when I ask her where she got that bs info from, she just puts on her earphones and starts listening to music and ignores me. Legit, like almost a week ago, she said protein is BAD. I was like who told you that? And she again, ignored me with a , you know......angry face....

My dad is supportive and all and when he is here, my diet is fine, even protein intake(no supplements and still good amounts) but unluckily, my dad isn't even here at home since a year now cuz he's out of state due to some stuff and will be coming back only(idk tbh).

My mom demotivates me a lot and also keeps saying, "weight training STUNTS GROWTH" she's been like this for the whole 2 years now but started since a year when my dad wasn't at home since a year now. She forces me into not going and screws with me everyday and says 30 grams of protein per day is enough to build muscle...... ;(

I need some motivation here pls. Thnx. Also, if any of you are gonna say that I'm 17 and why I didn't move out yet, well, I want to, but I can't cuz in India u can't do all that till your atleast 18. But, my mom still wants to lead me only to her stuff even after I turn 18!!! And keeps saying stop weight training and do yoga and all that protein requirement crap she talks about. My dad is supportive, but mom fights even with my dad. Till my dad comes back, I'll be completely demotivated and malnourished off protein I guess ;(

Motivation atleast plz, thnx.

Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay Garpay
    she sounds alot the way my mom was when I started

Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just keep trying to pursuede her bro And try showing her sources n stuff. If anything your almost an adult and can get the stuff for your own
    “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars.” —Norman Vincent Peale.

Fieldofscreams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fieldofscreams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fieldofscreams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fieldofscreams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fieldofscreams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fieldofscreams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fieldofscreams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fieldofscreams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fieldofscreams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fieldofscreams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fieldofscreams will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why persuade her?

Your 17, your more than capable of getting your own protein.

shorty1454 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shorty1454 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shorty1454 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shorty1454 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shorty1454 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shorty1454 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shorty1454 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shorty1454 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shorty1454 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shorty1454 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shorty1454 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I feel bad for you, my parents have always been completely fine with me lifting cause my dad started lifting on his 13th birthday with a weight set he got for his birthday (about the same age as I did) and is turning 47 in may and actually hit a big growth spurt because of it lol, he has never had any issues with it besides when he has to stop lifting (about 10 years ago he had to stop lifting because one of my older brothers wanted to go to England for some idk why, but he had to sell his home gym because he just quit his job and he handn't got a new one yet and thats where he could get money from) and he shot up to 205 lbs in like a 6 months (which is obese cause he is 5,4), so maybe that's why your mom thinks you will get fat ? cause that happens to a lot of people when they stop lifting.
    Last edited by shorty1454; 02-25-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    XD Same here my mom thinks if I touch iron I'll instantly turn into an med monster.

I mean protein powder and chicken aren't the only sources of protein maybe try increasing other protein rich foods?
    Last edited by dj924s; 02-27-2019 at 12:34 AM.
    9 months lifting

Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea that’s why I’m pretty confused too but India might have different rules or customs
    “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars.” —Norman Vincent Peale.

Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh you right. I mean he said they can have chicken so im assuming that eggs and oatmeal arnt unacceptable.
    9 months lifting

ironworkslifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironworkslifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironworkslifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironworkslifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironworkslifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironworkslifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironworkslifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironworkslifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironworkslifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironworkslifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironworkslifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just be as persuasive as possible. Show her research as best you can and reassure her it is healthy for you and makes you happy

I can't buy my own protein. I have protein powder at home but gotta wait for my dad to come back so he can secretly give it to me xD. But, I can't take it right now or my mom's gonna create a ruckus. In India, we can't even get jobs till were actually 18...and when I try to show her research, she ignores it and ignores me along with the research I send her. -_-

The worst part is, she knows I need a lot of protein in my diet. She works out too and still works out and been many years for her. She just is against me bodybuilding. Even fights with my dad when my dad supports me. You know, Indian parents, especially Indian moms always think they are right, they spit out their own broscience too. Rip me till my dad comes back home.

armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not reading a book.

I'm anyway on a 3 week break till march 13th now cuz of exams. So, basically I'm just focusing on maintaining so my protein intake is pretty fine for now. I secretly intake other foods that give me protein without my mom knowing smh. If my mom sees me, she'd shout at me again. For eating healthy.....smh.

Well thnx for reading and understanding my thread xd.

Originally Posted by armies View Post
    I'm not reading a book.
    Thnx xd.

The thing is, I feel like I'm going through muscle loss right now cuz my mom says bad about protein and I can't get nearly enough some times. I feel like I'm going through muscle loss right now. Will I get back my muscle quickly once I start a good diet and exercise later? Pls help I'm so worried.

OnePoundFish00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Typical indian / middle eastern parent, very stubborn and traditional, won't believe things that are backed by science and facts... Move out dude

Smile

Thnx everyone, for caring. Me and my mom had a big fight yesterday night about it.....sorted out things a little bit today morning and it seems pretty fine now. Also, my dad is coming back next week sometime after being away for 1year due to business related stuff. We both are gonna go on a good diet and I can start taking his whey protein supplement too and its all gonna be good. Thanks again everyone! Peace and love <3 xD.