Merissa98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Tips on losing stomach fat?

I've been going to the gym for 4 months now mainly to build back muscle because of my spine (trainers make my program for it) however I have some fat on my stomach that I want to get rid off. I'm not sure how, I've read many things about it but at the end I don't know what exactly to do. All I clearly understood was that I need to lose the fat before building muscle.
    My questions are:
    1. What should I avoid eating? How to substitute that without feeling hungry? (I'm addicted to sugar)
    2. What kind of workouts help?
    Apart from stomach I also have a little extra fat on my arms and thighs. No big deal but still visible.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Merissa98 View Post
    I've been going to the gym for 4 months now mainly to build back muscle because of my spine (trainers make my program for it) however I have some fat on my stomach that I want to get rid off. I'm not sure how, I've read many things about it but at the end I don't know what exactly to do. All I clearly understood was that I need to lose the fat before building muscle.
    My questions are:
    1. What should I avoid eating? How to substitute that without feeling hungry? (I'm addicted to sugar)
    2. What kind of workouts help?
    Apart from stomach I also have a little extra fat on my arms and thighs. No big deal but still visible.
    Post a pic for better advice. Without that it's a shot in the dark
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A pic would definitely help, but you also need to understand that you cannot spot reduce fat. There are no exercises that you can do or specific foods that you can eat that will rid you of stomach fat so what you need to do is to put yourself in a caloric deficit (take in less calories than you burn daily) and reduce overall body fat. Your genetics will determine how/where the fat comes off of you, but typically stomach fat is the last place that goes. Working out doesn't burn fat, it burns calories, it's the long term caloric deficit from burning calories that will cause your body to start burning through its fat reserves; strength training (weight lifting) will help you keep what muscle you do have to give you an overall more aesthetic body shape.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000) shardulgusain is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Develop your abdominal section with 300 calorie down per week for a month.