KrispyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Universal Gym Centurion II Stack Weight Machine

I'm in the middle of refurbishing a Universal Gym Centurion II Stack Weight Machine. Just finished sanding and repainting all the weights (rusty). Chrome cleaned up great. Moving to replacing all the pleather seats cushions......I'll post some pics tonight.

Does anyone know about bushings inside the holes on the stack weights? Should every weight hole (2 holes per weights) have a bushing in it that allows a tight fit around the guide posts (vertical posts). Some weights have bushings....many do not.

Thanks.

ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by KrispyTrex View Post
    I'm in the middle of refurbishing a Universal Gym Centurion II Stack Weight Machine. Just finished sanding and repainting all the weights (rusty). Chrome cleaned up great. Moving to replacing all the pleather seats cushions......I'll post some pics tonight.

Does anyone know about bushings inside the holes on the stack weights? Should every weight hole (2 holes per weights) have a bushing in it that allows a tight fit around the guide posts (vertical posts). Some weights have bushings....many do not.

Thanks.
    Yes, there should be 2 bushings for every weight plate. But they tend to fall out and get lost. Its going to be hard to find the exact bushing you need if you need more. Maybe stagger them?

KrispyTrex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks. Making progress.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KrispyTrex View Post
    Thanks. Making progress.
    Krispy Trex, I have a stack of Universal weight plates with most of the bushings. How many do you need?
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

smallbills is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bushings for weights for Centurion Universal Gym

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Krispy Trex, I have a stack of Universal weight plates with most of the bushings. How many do you need?
    Hi, if you still have the bushings, could I purchase them from you. I need about 60, but I am willing to purchase up to 80 if you have that many. There is a company, bmikarts.com that purports to sell these bushings for $1.10 each, but I ordered some and they are not the right size. Would you be okay selling these for $1.10 each?

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by smallbills View Post
    Hi, if you still have the bushings, could I purchase them from you. I need about 60, but I am willing to purchase up to 80 if you have that many. There is a company, bmikarts.com that purports to sell these bushings for $1.10 each, but I ordered some and they are not the right size. Would you be okay selling these for $1.10 each?
    I don't think I have near that many, I'll check and let you know. Can you check what size you need?

I don't think I have near that many, I'll check and let you know. Can you check what size you need?
    Hi, sorry, I was out of town this weekend. I am back and tonight I will check the let you know the size. Thank you!

The bushings that I need are 1.5” in diameter. The ones that BMIKARTS.com sold are 1.75” in diameter. Here is a picture of the bushings tinypic.com/r/28u4gb5/9

The bushings in my plates are 1.5”OD and fit on 1” guide rods. I’ll have to see how many I have.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Those would be better than no bushing but they would need to be trimmed to a thinner height. The OEM bushings lay in a lip on the plates.

The bushings in my plates are 1.5”OD and fit on 1” guide rods. I’ll have to see how many I have.
    I could only find 8. That’s not going to be much help, sorry.

jotul22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Universal Gym Equipment: Single Station Bench and Shoulder Press

I'm unable to find any Universal Gym Equipment DVR single station bench or shoulder press machines for sale. Anyone know of any sources that may be wiling to sell?

Thanks.