Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100)

Metabolic stress - what is it exactly ?

it means training for pump , does it mean like high reps and short rest periods ?
    and is it a must in my training program ?
    I mostly use progressive overload and slow negatives as main methods .. but of course I get a pump during my trainings + I do feel the burn during isolation exercises and even in my rows \ compound exercises ...
    burn means metabolic stress ? or not necessarily..
    Im 18
    Cutting atm.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Read the beginners guide and focus on adding weight and reps, the rest isnt as useful until you build a solid base of strength. Chasing the burn and pump is pointless for anyone.

Burn, by the way, is simply the accumulation of lactic acid.

S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50) S4lm9vvMn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "Metabolic stress manifests as a result of exercise that relies on anaerobic glycolysis for ATP production, which results in the subsequent buildup of metabolites such as lactate, hydrogen ion, inorganic phosphate, creatine, and others. Muscle ischemia also has been shown to produce substantial metabolic stress, and potentially produces an additive hypertrophic effect when combined with glycolytic training. The stress-induced mechanisms theorized to mediate the hypertophic response include alterations in hormonal milieu, cell swelling, free-radical production, and increased activity of growth-oriented transcription factors. It also has been hypothesized that a greater acidic environment promoted by glycolytic training may lead to increased fiber degradation and greater stimulation of sympathetic nerve activity, thereby mediating an increased adaptive hypertrophic response." (Source: https://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/p...&type=fulltext)

Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100) Orelabergel1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Read the beginners guide and focus on adding weight and reps, the rest isnt as useful until you build a solid base of strength. Chasing the burn and pump is pointless for anyone.

Burn, by the way, is simply the accumulation of lactic acid.
    ive just read this personal trainer post about three methods to build muscle and metabolic stress ( chasing the pump ) was one of them , so I shouldnt focus on that , thats what youre saying ?
    also , I reach the pump on every workout I do so I guess the metabolic stress is active but progressive overload is what I was focusing since I started training 3 years ago .
    by 'rest' you mean the rest of the methods or \ rest between sets ?
    Im 18
    Cutting atm.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Orelabergel1 View Post
    ... ...so I shouldnt focus on that , thats what youre saying ?...
    Yes... we are saying... don't focus on pump
    True that it is believed to be one of the mechanisms which can stimulate some muscle growth, but also believed to be a relatively minor... quite possibly the most minor one by a good measure.
    To focus on by far the smallest factor when there is a giant factor available is madness. When you've exhausted all other factors in many years time, by all means go Arnold on us and chase pump, but be aware that in his first few years training he didn't do that himself! (he worked hard on the "big" lifts)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Read the beginners guide and focus on adding weight and reps, the rest isnt as useful until you build a solid base of strength. Chasing the burn and pump is pointless for anyone... ...Burn, by the way, is simply the accumulation of lactic acid.
    Take Spartan's advice!