LizardLover is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Female first-time cutter! Questions and Concerns!

Hi everyone! I am somewhat new to lifting, I have essentially been bulking for about a little less than year now and have made some impressive gains while learning a lot. So I am about to start my first cut... and am terrified.
    First of all, I am a teen. I am 16, about 5'2" and 150 lbs. From comparing to pics, I believe I am about 25% to 26% body fat. I know there is a lot of controversy regarding teen cutting, but based on my research, and on the fact that I have not grown in 3 years (my growth was a little stunted from unrelated reasons) , I dont see much of a problem trying to shed some fat. Especially if it is only for a couple months.
    I was planning on starting my cut around middle of March and becoming a bit leaner by June by doing a carb cycling method with longer reps (about 10-12) in my workouts, as well as incorporating cardio through walking my dog every day. I thought this sounded like a decent plan.
    One thing I am terrified of is losing my gains. It is scary to think about losing all of the work put into building my muscles! But I do think I need to shed some fat so they really pop and I have more abs!
    The other thing I was curious about is what to do in between bulking and cutting? Like what do I do when my body is at a good bf% in June, but I dont plan on bulking again until September?
    Thanks guys for any input you have!

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, I can't answer everything but here are a couple points. The in-between from cuts and bulks is simply maintaining. You can train for whatever goals you want fitness wise and the nutrition is geared towards keeping at about the same level/weight.

I don't have the research background for dieting as a teen (I was obese as a teen but didn't full on try for weight loss though probably would have helped). When it comes to height I'll mention what everyone told me: you could grow in high school and early years of college...

Will also say I got to 4'11" freshman year of high school and now I'm going to 35 and I'm 4'11" so yeah, your body is still growing and developing but whether that will mean height isn't guaranteed. Can't predict the outcome before hand though.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10