RK7697 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is it necessary to train abs everyday? How often should I train them?

I'm a teen male. I do a body weight workout at home everyday that is mostly hitting my abs. I don't go to a gym so I can't use equipment and I'm wondering if I'm working them too much? Am I wasting time working my abs constantly when I should be working other muscles? My goal is to get a six pack. Right now I can only see my top abs. Can I get some advice? Thanks

nickare18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Working your abs everyday is fine although you should try to incorporate working other muscle groups aswell. Make sure you are doing high intensity exercises and have a decent diet. Checkout Athlean-X for some killer ab workouts.

JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by RK7697 View Post
    I'm a teen male. I do a body weight workout at home everyday that is mostly hitting my abs. I don't go to a gym so I can't use equipment and I'm wondering if I'm working them too much? Am I wasting time working my abs constantly when I should be working other muscles? My goal is to get a six pack. Right now I can only see my top abs. Can I get some advice? Thanks
    6-packs are built in the kitchen and not in the gym (unfortunately for all of us). If you don't have much fat, than you should be able to see your abs regardless of how much you have worked them. If you can pinch a nice layer of fat over the top of them, you can do crunches for the rest of your life and you will never see them. You will need to add in cardio and cut some weight most likely before you have a six pack. But trust me, there's a huge difference between a skinny kid with a 6 pack and a well built man with a 6 pack. Choose which one you want to be because you cant be both.
    ---Get those Negs ready---

ICanDeadlift is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry to break it to you, but if you want a six pack it doesn't matter how often you train them. The best way to reach your goals of obtaining a sixpack is to get rid of the fat surrounding your abs. I'm a firm believer that abs are predominantly genetic and ab growth will come with time while indirectly training them (i.e. squats, deadlifts etc).
    Look at eating and training at a calorie deficit and your goal of getting a six pack will be obtainable in no time!

RK7697 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JCubb12 View Post
    6-packs are built in the kitchen and not in the gym (unfortunately for all of us). If you don't have much fat, than you should be able to see your abs regardless of how much you have worked them. If you can pinch a nice layer of fat over the top of them, you can do crunches for the rest of your life and you will never see them. You will need to add in cardio and cut some weight most likely before you have a six pack. But trust me, there's a huge difference between a skinny kid with a 6 pack and a well built man with a 6 pack. Choose which one you want to be because you cant be both.
    Thanks. I actually do have a very good diet. I never eat anything that is high in sugar or fat. I eat a bunch of lean protein and a bunch of fruits and vegetables, although I do have an energy drink in the morning that uses splenda. Is splenda bad? Does it feed fat? Another thing I have quite often is greek yogurt the lit and ti ones but I'm not sure if they are good for you or not. Also when I started to workout I did lose a lot of weight but my goal isn't to lose weight anymore because I'm actually pretty close to being underweight so I'll just keep at it with dieting. I have viewed athlean x videos but I follow another video that is for 20 minutes and I do it 2x everyday.

JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by RK7697 View Post
    Thanks. I actually do have a very good diet. I never eat anything that is high in sugar or fat. I eat a bunch of lean protein and a bunch of fruits and vegetables, although I do have an energy drink in the morning that uses splenda. Is splenda bad? Does it feed fat? Another thing I have quite often is greek yogurt the lit and ti ones but I'm not sure if they are good for you or not. Also when I started to workout I did lose a lot of weight but my goal isn't to lose weight anymore because I'm actually pretty close to being underweight so I'll just keep at it with dieting. I have viewed athlean x videos but I follow another video that is for 20 minutes and I do it 2x everyday.
    Splenda isn't necessarily bad, but water is still always the best bet. Personally I stay away from diet drinks because there is growing evidence the splenda and "sweetness" of diet drinks possibly illicit a similar response as sugary drinks as your body is confused by the sweetness but lack of caloires. Greek yogurt is fine. I would say if your goal is not to lose weight, going from no 6-pack to a 6-pack will be difficult. But if you want to gain weight, pack on some muscle then work on the 6-pack. Like i said, a skinny kid with a 6 pack isnt very impressive. Being muscular with a 6-pack is another story.
    ---Get those Negs ready---

BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Abs aren't only made in the kitchen. Disregard people telling you not to train them. If you want thick and prominent abs you have to work them just as any other muscle so they grow. Yes you need a lower bf% so they show better, but if you don't work them they won't be impressive.
    Work them the same as any other muscle group, you don't have to train them every day.
    Instagram: Blinktwicealoush
    In it for the long haul.