myohpsucks1994 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can I justify a cut at this point? Former Skinnyfat that bulked for 8 months

I started lifting early 2018. I was skinny fat and didn't know what to do. After doing some research I decided to cut. After 3 months, I lost 20 pounds and the belly fat was still there. I knew I had to keep cutting to get rid of it, but almost all my lifts were stalling and the lack of energy was really bad; so I decided, to just bulk and enjoy the energy/gains for a while.

After 8 months I gained aprox 30 pounds; I know a lot of it was prob fat, but after being a weak mofo, it was so nice getting these gains.
    Right now I weigh 86kg/189 pounds and my height is 191cm/6'2. My numbers are not even decent for the time I've been lifting, but I'm feeling too fat to keep bulking. Bench: 170 pounds, OHP: 115 pounds, Deadlift: 255, Squat: 185 (I didnt pay much atention to my leg day until recently, also having these long legs suck a lot)

Here are the pics:

Do you think I can cut now? I wanted to get to 225 bench, 135 ohp, 315 deadlift and at least a 225 squat before I cut; but every passing day my belly fat becomes bigger and bigger lmao.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by myohpsucks1994; 02-15-2019 at 04:03 PM.

GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500)
    Id suggest a recomp

you dont have enough muscle, if you cut now, you'll be back at square one with little to no improvements

Originally Posted by GunplayRohaan View Post
    Id suggest a recomp

you dont have enough muscle, if you cut now, you'll be back at square one with little to no improvements
    ye, that's what I'm afraid of. Looking like a starving child after the cut. Ill eat at maintance now

JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by myohpsucks1994 View Post
    I started lifting early 2018. I was skinny fat and didn't know what to do. After doing some research I decided to cut. After 3 months, I lost 20 pounds and the belly fat was still there. I knew I had to keep cutting to get rid of it, but almost all my lifts were stalling and the lack of energy was really bad; so I decided, to just bulk and enjoy the energy/gains for a while.

After 8 months I gained aprox 30 pounds; I know a lot of it was prob fat, but after being a weak mofo, it was so nice getting these gains.
    Right now I weigh 86kg/189 pounds and my height is 191cm/6'2. My numbers are not even decent for the time I've been lifting, but I'm feeling too fat to keep bulking. Bench: 170 pounds, OHP: 115 pounds, Deadlift: 255, Squat: 185 (I didnt pay much atention to my leg day until recently, also having these long legs suck a lot)

Here are the pics:

Do you think I can cut now? I wanted to get to 225 bench, 135 ohp, 315 deadlift and at least a 225 squat before I cut; but every passing day my belly fat becomes bigger and bigger lmao.
    Great job so far man. Good gains between your before and after picture. I think you should keep going with your bulk. Your biggest critic is always yourself so go easier on yourself dude.

You really aren't holding all that much fat, you just unfortunately carry most of your fat in your abdomen (genetics are tough to overcome). You are 6'2 man, if you cut anytime soon you will still be well under 175. At your height, I would say most people's ideal physique would be at least 190-200 AFTER the final cut.

This may sound crazy since you are already up 30lbs. But keep going man. Keep going to 210-220 then cut. Your body is responding really well to your program as shown by your pictures. Keep the mass coming then cut to a solid 190-200 and you will be a beast.

Just make sure you work those legs. But something else that would really help your physique is double down on your chest exercises and weight. If you build a massive chest, the belly fat will look more "natural" and you will notice a huge difference.

Good job though man!
    Last edited by JCubb12; 02-15-2019 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    ---Get those Negs ready---

Originally Posted by JCubb12 View Post
    Great job so far man. Good gains between your before and after picture. I think you should keep going with your bulk. Your biggest critic is always yourself so go easier on yourself dude.

You really aren't holding all that much fat, you just unfortunately carry most of your fat in your abdomen (genetics are tough to overcome). You are 6'2 man, if you cut anytime soon you will still be well under 175. At your height, I would say most people's ideal physique would be at least 190-200 AFTER the final cut.

This may sound crazy since you are already up 30lbs. But keep going man. Keep going to 210-220 then cut. Your body is responding really well to your program as shown by your pictures. Keep the mass coming then cut to a solid 190-200 and you will be a beast.

Just make sure you work those legs. But something else that would really help your physique is double down on your chest exercises and weight. If you build a massive chest, the belly fat will look more "natural" and you will notice a huge difference.

Good job though man!
    Thanks for your kind words, man! Yea, I think I'll hold that cut for another time. I just love feeling stronger, and every time I hit a PR even on a Tricep Pushdown I get so happy and that is one of the reasons I keep grinding!

JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by myohpsucks1994 View Post
    Thanks for your kind words, man! Yea, I think I'll hold that cut for another time. I just love feeling stronger, and every time I hit a PR even on a Tricep Pushdown I get so happy and that is one of the reasons I keep grinding!
    Forsure man. Focus on those compound lifts (squats, bench, bent over rows, deadlifts, etcs.) and don't forget to up the calories as you continue to go up in weight. Keep the gains going and the cut will be a breeze when its time. I always find it's much easier not to eat than to force myself to eat.
    ---Get those Negs ready---

Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My suggestion would be to cut down to a decently lean level, around 10-12% or so, then lean bulk on a very slight calorie surplus (200 calories/day surplus). You'll gain fat very, very slowly. Focus on progressive overload and you'll be gaining more muscle than fat. This means that you'll be able to stay in a surplus for longer. Longer surplus = more opportunity to build muscle.
    I pull girls & do street interviews IRL, as seen on YouTube:

www.youtube.com/@thetruthtabletv

Natural athlete & Model from the Philippines.

https://www.instagram.com/thetonyd/

On a mission to help men gain confidence & improve their lives.

UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000) UnkleDolan is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you are still under 2 years in terms of consistent lifting experience, take advantage of recomp. You'll regret it later because if you are advanced there's no other way to gain muscle other than cutting and bulking even if your training and sleep are perfect.
    Global Citizen Crew - I educate stupid basement-living miscers about the world's culture and critical thinking
    Chemical Engineering Grad Crew - Now working in investment banking & private equity in an mnc firm based in US and Singapore
    BB.com Member Since 2013, lost my older account, didn't post a lot so it is fine

mebolhi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good

Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with the guy above. If you cut you'll be able to lean bulk and stay in a surplus for a long while. You won't look like Arnold but you'll definitely look bigger than when you started.

adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50) adimeco will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I lost nearly 50 lbs and got down to 175 at about 12%. I started bulking in Dec 2018 and at the same time switched to Fierce 5 Novice program. Best thing I ever done for my working out. Now I am about 190 lbs at 16% and I do want to cut but some of my best gains are happening right now. I am holding off for at least a couple months on my cut and will reevaluate. So if you are making crazy gains and strength, keep going and ride that train for as long as you can.