Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Teenage competitions

I am in no rush to start competing since I know I am not near the necessary requirement, but in a few years I think I might be able too. How do you know if you are ready to start competing and what stats are good for teenage bodybuilders?
    “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars.” —Norman Vincent Peale.

TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Oxxxx View Post
    I am in no rush to start competing since I know I am not near the necessary requirement, but in a few years I think I might be able too. How do you know if you are ready to start competing and what stats are good for teenage bodybuilders?
    There are no real "stats" for bodybuilding. Everyone has a different body type and different size. The only thing you need to be ready to compete is the desire to stick to a meal plan and keep working out to get lean enough to compete. Don't give up if things aren't working the way you want and be prepared to make changes along the way.

Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How do you know if your ready
    “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars.” —Norman Vincent Peale.

Ruben777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ruben777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do you know if your ready
    I would never enter the onseason phase of a bodybuilding competition, without first having achieved no more than 8-10% bodyfat. If I was over 10% bodyfat, I would lose weight until I was at or under that bodyfat percentage. Only then would I enter the onseason phase of a bodybuilding competition.

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You should have a decent muscle base before entering along with making sure you have the time and dedication to commit to prep
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

With teenage shows do you compete against your age or do you compete against all teenagers? Or does it depend on the show.

TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ruben777 View Post
    I would never enter the onseason phase of a bodybuilding competition, without first having achieved no more than 8-10% bodyfat. If I was over 10% bodyfat, I would lose weight until I was at or under that bodyfat percentage. Only then would I enter the onseason phase of a bodybuilding competition.
    Just out of curiousity Ruben, where did you get this 8-10% bodyfat rule? I've seen you recommend this a couple of times now and I'm just wondering. For me personally, I'm over 10% bodyfat right now and I know I will be more than capable of losing the necessary fat to step on stage in August. I haven't started my prep yet, but I know I will get there. Probably 75% or more of the users on this prep and discussion site are starting with more than 10% bodyfat. Some people even step on stage with 8-10% depending on their body type. So I'm just curious where you got your numbers from. Thanks.

With teenage shows do you compete against your age or do you compete against all teenagers? Or does it depend on the show.
    Most shows have multiple category breakdowns. So if you only wanted to compete against teens then you could, but there usually aren't many teens competing. So if you wanted to do more than one category for a little competition you could. For example, a Men's Bodybuilding category would be broken down into something like this:

Men's Open (where everyone competes at any age)
    Men's Masters 40+ (age restricted to 40 years or older)
    Men's Submasters (usually 35 years to 39)
    Men's Novice (someone who hasn't placed first overall in an Open or Novice category. Once you win a Novice or Open Overall title, you cannot compete in Novice anymore in that category)
    Men's Teen (age restricted to below 20 years old)

There are others as well sometimes depending on the show 50+ and I've even seen a few 60+ over the years. It really just comes down to who signs up for the show how they will break it down.

Okay thank you, do you think I will be ready by October? And the show I will be competing against teenagers up to 19 but some get moves up to novice

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Okay thank you, do you think I will be ready by October?
    We would really need some pics to give an opinion
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

I got some pics on my BodySpace profile some of them are older then others and I’m willing to do any poses

I got some pics on my BodySpace profile some of them are older then others and I’m willing to do any poses
    Up to date pics would help make a better determination.

http://youtu.be/XP8e6tKP8_4
    Here’s a posing vid I made yesterday it’s fully updated. I’m currently working on posing form but how’s my current size?

http://youtu.be/XP8e6tKP8_4
    Here’s a posing vid I made yesterday it’s fully updated. I’m currently working on posing form but how’s my current size?
    For only being 15 years old, you're size is just fine. You have plenty of good years ahead of you to gain some serious mass.

Thanks man, this week I’ve gained a lot I have some new progress photos up I think I hit a grow spurt this week.