Thread: Injured wrist

Registered User longlivelifting's Avatar
    longlivelifting is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Injured wrist

Any advice on how to treat my injured wrist. Seems to be a recurring issue. Should I see the dr. Give it rest and stick to some other workouts other then lifting. Any advice is welcome

TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by longlivelifting View Post
    Any advice on how to treat my injured wrist. Seems to be a recurring issue. Should I see the dr. Give it rest and stick to some other workouts other then lifting. Any advice is welcome
    You’ve given limited information (how did you injure it, when did you injure it, when does it hurt the most). I first got wrist pain from bench press, which I now wrap my wrists when benching and overhead press. I then got wrist pain from preacher curls, and I’ve eliminated those from my workout, I can do concentration curls with no issues. Each time I had to alter my lifting a little to let it heal. You’ll need to figure out what you’re doing to injure it and make adjustments

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1 Find Mechanism (s) of Injury
    2 Initially avoid that action to prevent re-injury
    3 Train weak points gradually to rehab wrist
    4 Reintroduce exercises when ready

Registered User longlivelifting's Avatar
    longlivelifting is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I injured it the first time back in about June of 2018. It’s been a recurrent thing. I was actually lifting a keg at work. Which they way it was postitioned was awkward. I stopped training for months Well lifting anyways to
    Let it heal. I started training again at the new year and was fine till about a week ago after I did some forearm workouts without any wraps. Took about a week off. Everything seemed great until today when I got too arms and I could barely curl with my right arm where as the left was perfectly fine.
    I think I should maybe do some compressions ice it and take a break from lifting for a couple weeks to see what happens. Along with some anti inflammatory. If it continues maybe go and see an ortho

SpinnerStar is not very well liked. (-100) SpinnerStar is not very well liked. (-100) SpinnerStar is not very well liked. (-100) SpinnerStar is not very well liked. (-100) SpinnerStar is not very well liked. (-100) SpinnerStar is not very well liked. (-100) SpinnerStar is not very well liked. (-100) SpinnerStar is not very well liked. (-100) SpinnerStar is not very well liked. (-100) SpinnerStar is not very well liked. (-100) SpinnerStar is not very well liked. (-100)
    While falls cause of a lot of wrist sprains, you can also get them by:

Being hit in the wrist.
    Exerting extreme pressure on the wrist or twisting it