thatjaybilbo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Morbidly Obese and Ready to Change

I am morbidly obese and ready to change. This coming Monday (February 18, 2019), I'm starting the Kris Gethin 12-Week Hardcore Daily Trainer. I feel it will be a great way to learn how to use the gym and get started on a great journey. My 17 year old son who is also morbidly obese will be joining me. We will be working as partners in the gym. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

I can use all the encouragement and hints I can get. Thanks everyone!
    Attached Images
    Those who do not have time to exercise will soon find time for illness.

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thatjaybilbo View Post
    I am morbidly obese and ready to change. This coming Monday (February 18, 2019), I'm starting the Kris Gethin 12-Week Hardcore Daily Trainer. I feel it will be a great way to learn how to use the gym and get started on a great journey. My 17 year old son who is also morbidly obese will be joining me. We will be working as partners in the gym. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Best of luck. If it were me, I would ease my way into the exercise portion of this and focus more on getting your eating in check. Worst thing you can do is burn yourself out too soon and give up.
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”

InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by thatjaybilbo View Post

Focus more on diet, slowly build momentum, then add some light bodyweight exercise.
    Good Luck brother, there's a wonderful community here to support you and your son's Journey!
    Instagram - @shajeely
    Fitness Journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176797831