danaflava has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

In it for the gains, bulking advice appreciated!

So I decided to stick this bulk out longer than I originally thought, likely until mid summer or fall (Started in Oct!). I really want to chase some decent gains after meeting these two ladies I follow on IG and look up to (KKfit!). I know super short bulks won't lead to much muscle gain, and I'm enjoying the energy I have most days at the gym. I have a few questions, and I'm sorry if they're long winded!

- I'm really trying to build my upper body, but I'm dealing with some shoulder tightness that made me cut my shoulder day short (possibly due to my side sleeping?). Are there any good guides for shoulder workouts with extra detail to correcting ones own form? I feel like I'm doing something wrong but I can't quite pinpoint what exactly... It's so easy for me to observe and correct form for others (I, a PT), but when it comes to my own, I can't keep looking down or to my side to see my form and where my arms go exactly.

- I'm going to a big event next month and want to look a little less floof. Would it be detrimental to go to maintenance or a slight deficit for the two or three weeks leading up to it, and get right back on the bulk afterwords?

-Sometimes I can go two weeks without gaining weight, then suddenly jump a whole pound. Is it likely most of it is muscle, or fat? I know it rare for females to gain more than half a pound in a week so I'm worried those sudden jumps would be mostly fat. So far I've gained about 6, almost 7 pounds during this bulk, so i'm crossing my fingers that only 2-3 of that is fat!

- How difficult is it to cut fat after a bulk? When I was first cutting down before this I had the hardest time getting that last little bit despite dropping my calories and carbs so low with so much cardio. I was getting miserable and don't want to get back to feeling that way.

-Also I'm starting to struggle hitting my macros! Especially on busy days since I work two jobs and workout in between. Then on rest days I have a hard time hitting them because mentally I have a hard time justifying the need for so much! (Im up to almost 2700 a day! Never thought that would happen LOL). Do I really need so much on a rest day? What are some fast, on the go, high protein high carb snacks other than bars and yogurt?

I'm really new to this whole bodybuilding scene, so bear with my long winded and scattered train of thought 😂

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Take a video the next time you do a shoulder lift (I would record from the front and from the side). Book suggestion: Becoming a Supple Leopard.

You won't be able to change much in 2-3 weeks. I'd opt for a flattering outfit and move on.

Your weight will fluctuate a lot, water, glycogen, etc. You can't really tell how much is muscle and how much is other stuff in the short term. It sounds like you're going at a good pace.

Sandwiches.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Take care of that shoulder and don't be afraid to get it looked at if anything sticks around long! Shoulder issues can really stick around, I'm dealing with my own from time to time.

I have done mini-cuts before appearances and what-not, during a bulk. Cut down water weight, etc. It has worked for me, but as @Partyrocking stated, things fluctuate and it might not do much, or work at all .... any cut during a bulk is counter-productive and takes that much time out of your bulk.

Fluctuations like you mention are normal, and in the end, you really can't tell what is muscle and what is fat until you cut. My last 2 bulks I gained ~25 lbs. The first one, probably about 7 pounds muscle in the end. This one, it's a mystery! I'm still in it and I won't know the results until I stage cut.

Don't know that I can answer how hard it is to cut... seems like once you have cut, future cuts become easier. But I've done it so much and know how my body works... so I can pretty much plot it on a calendar. I get down to single digit BF, so that part is stupid hard.

Having gone above 4000 calories, I understand the struggle! At some point, your body isn't able to use protein. So, if protein is good for you (keeps you full, etc) then cool. But once I reach my macros, it's just calories. I keep some high cal king size ice cream cones in the fridge. I am a huge proponent of clean eating, so don't get me wrong here, but sometimes I just need easy, calorie dense food. I eat red meat several times a day, that helps.

Right now I'm maintaining mostly (about 3500 cals), I have a couple power lifting meets so I have to stay in my weight class. After that, back to full throttle while I can!
    2020 Olympia Bound | NPC WPD Nationally Qualified | 2018 Arnold Amateur WPD Top 3 | 2x WPD Pro World Champion (INBA/DFAC)

Meet Lifts: S: 305 | B: 205 | D: 370 * Gym Lifts: S: 380 | B: 275 | D: 415

WEB: proyeo.com | IG: ankhjii_pro_yeo

ISSA: CFT SNS | Westside Barbell Certified