Thread: Please Help

veasy112 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Please Help

Hi there,
    I am new to this and do not know what I am doing. I am looking for help. I go to the gym about 5 times a week and workout. I do not know what I should be doing. I hear I have good form. I drink a gallon of water a day. Take protein after I workout. I try to eat healthy but am not losing weight. I weight train then do 15 mins of cardio. I just need direction. I want to lose about 30 lbs. I weight 208 and am 5'7. Can anyone give this beginner some direction. Thank you

PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by veasy112 View Post
    Hi there,
    I am new to this and do not know what I am doing. I am looking for help. I go to the gym about 5 times a week and workout. I do not know what I should be doing. I hear I have good form. I drink a gallon of water a day. Take protein after I workout. I try to eat healthy but am not losing weight. I weight train then do 15 mins of cardio. I just need direction. I want to lose about 30 lbs. I weight 208 and am 5'7. Can anyone give this beginner some direction. Thank you
    Everyone is going to tell you to read the stickies. And you really, really should. Contained in eached stickies thread are links to other stickies on this female BB forum are like a manual on fitness and nutrition in itself. So please read all the information above in the stickies.

If you are not losing weight, you are not eating in a caloric deficit. Eating healthy means nothing in terms of weight loss if you eat more than your body burns. Exercise is great, but you can out eat the calories burned from exercise. You need to figure out your TDEE and how many calories you actually need. There are TDEE all over the Internet using different formulas. And there is an amount of guesswork involved in answering questions such as body fat percentage and activity level. But the calculators will give you a starting point on how many calories to eat. Then track your calories and macros. I like an app called Lose It. It there are plenty of good calorie counters out there. The following is a link to a meal planner that is pretty great.

https://www.eatthismuch.com/how-it-works/

veasy112 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello PattyU,
    I am in a calorie deficit. Could it be that I am not eating enough? I use a Fitbit to track everything.

PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by veasy112 View Post
    Hello PattyU,
    I am in a calorie deficit. Could it be that I am not eating enough? I use a Fitbit to track everything.
    Eating is a deficit causes weight loss. It is scientifically impossible for you to be eating too little to lose weight. If you’ve already lost a lot of weight at a very low calorie diet, then it could be that you need to reset your diet for a few weeks meaning you may have reduced your ability to efficiently burn calories. But I don’t think there would be a great difference. But it still is energy expenditure versus caloric intake. There are thyroid or other conditions that impact your metabolism, so it could be you burn fewer calories than someone else your size. You could get those things ruled out by a Doctor. Here is an article that may be helpful.

https://health.usnews.com/wellness/f...ou-lose-weight

How are tracking what you eat? Are you weighing and counting everything including condiments and beverages? I have a Fitbit but I don’t use it for calorie monitoring. I don’t think they are supposed to be very accurate in estimating calories burned. I would go with one of the online TDEE calculators and modify the diet based on trial and error.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN18L2OZ
    Last edited by PattyU; 02-12-2019 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Added something