Registered User Holistic4Health's Avatar
    Holistic4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10)

HELP! Need a detailed physical workout book - similar to BodyBoss but lower intensity

I tried making my own workout book consisting of yoga, pilates, resistance, bodyweight, and weight training exercises but when it came time to work out, it was a fail because I didn't have a visual of how to set up and execute the exercises and the instructions for the exercises that I found online and wrote down didn't do a great job of explaining them for me personally either. Someone might say "oh, just look them up online again and see how they're done before doing them." No. I want to work out first thing in the morning before I go on my computer or phone or any other electronic device because I want to start my day on a positive note and I want to be able to do the workouts straight from a book that has them both visually and instructively explained well and easy to follow.

Something similar to BodyBoss' fitness guide would be ideal, but with lower intensity workouts like yoga, pilates, weight training, bodyweight, and resistance (a combination of these would be ideal but not a deal breaker) because I'm trying to improve my fatigue and energy levels and repair my hormones rather than losing weight or gaining muscles.

Anyone able to help out here with some suggestions?

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No book is going to have all of that.

You could look up the exercises the night before

or

make your own book with screen shots of the exercises

Originally Posted by cmacken View Post
    No book is going to have all of that.

You could look up the exercises the night before

or

make your own book with screen shots of the exercises
    The BodyBoss book does:

https ://www .bodyboss. com/products/ultimate-body-fitness-guide

The only thing is their exercises are HIIT, I need lower intensity exercises.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stronlifts 5*5 (Google it) has a free app, but is so simple you can lookup the night before if you don't want to use phone in morning and website with explanations, video tutorials, FAQ, etc etc, its a good way to get started. Progress to Fierce5 etc after a few months (maybe 3-6) of stronglifts, as by then you'll have more knowledge and experience. Also it's Free!

Anyone else able to help here?

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Holistic4Health View Post
    Anyone else able to help here?
    You're doing it wrong.

But try this

https://smile.amazon.com/Starting-St...0666289&sr=8-1

To to a pilates forum and yoga forum to ask them for book recommendations. Bring your pile of books to the gym, don't forget all the bookmarks. Sounds like fun.