Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00
    I had an accident and some medical issues and I did lose everything. I was an okay bench presser, but afterwards, I lost all my chest muscle and couldn't even do one push up.

But, there is muscle memory, and you can bounce back quickly I think.

GenCyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GenCyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    Muscle memory. If you start again, it takes shorter time to get where you were before.
    Agree

ezra76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezra76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezra76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezra76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezra76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezra76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezra76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezra76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezra76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezra76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezra76 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've taken 8yrs. off pretty much. Marriage, house, kids, started a business. Got very unhealthy last year or so though. Beer and fast food.

Starting back with a complete diet overhaul and compound based routine. I'm making progress quickly, staying at same bodyweight despite being just under maint. calories (adding muscle I assume). Although I'm obviously much weaker than where I was when I stopped, I'm much stronger than where I started from back then. For example the 1st deadlift workout I did I got 325 fairly easy. That's 100lbs. from where I left off but 100lbs. more than what I could do starting out way back then.

Rattelsnake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rattelsnake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rattelsnake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rattelsnake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rattelsnake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rattelsnake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rattelsnake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rattelsnake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rattelsnake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rattelsnake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rattelsnake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you have fine lines definition, cuts will dissappear by far the quickest.
    Strength will dissappear second.
    Bulk won't dissappear, but instead turns into mush.

After you start up again, strength will bounce back first.
    Bulk will harden back up second.
    Fine line cuts will bounce back way last.

Definition is the quickest to lose, hardest to maintain and the longest to get back.

Bulk on the other hand longer doesn't really go away, but just turns into mush. But hardens again as strength returns.
    Black Rifles Matter

VicDumbbells is just really nice. (+1000) VicDumbbells is just really nice. (+1000) VicDumbbells is just really nice. (+1000) VicDumbbells is just really nice. (+1000) VicDumbbells is just really nice. (+1000) VicDumbbells is just really nice. (+1000) VicDumbbells is just really nice. (+1000) VicDumbbells is just really nice. (+1000) VicDumbbells is just really nice. (+1000) VicDumbbells is just really nice. (+1000) VicDumbbells is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by drkstar00 View Post
    I had an accident and some medical issues and I did lose everything.

I'm sorry to hear that my friend. But you did not lose everything. The other part about bouncing back beyond muscle memory is just memory. Once someone spends 1000/2000+ hours in the gym they have the knowledge and the mental toughness advantage in regaining everything they lost.

I look at what I know now vs the 15 year old in the high school gym and it's a big difference when making a comeback from a medical issue.

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    All this is predicated on the assumption that you WILL eventually start lifting again.

Yes, whenever possible one should avoid becoming a rotter in the first place. Even training 1-2x a week in a limited full body fashion will do wonders to retain gainz in a down period.

People make the mistake of quitting instead of adapting.
    “Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.” – Joseph Pilates

A bodybuilder uses the weights to work the muscle.

miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miniLad343 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CrestfallenGuy View Post
    After stopping lifting you lose the strength and muscles you gained right?
    not necessarily. Because you trained and was committed for all those times before lockdown, you are already at a better spot then if you never trained. The only thing is putting in the effort to get it back but it wont take long. You will lose some strength when you stop lifting but you will quickly regain it due to muscle memory