johnnylakonia is not very well liked. (-100) johnnylakonia is not very well liked. (-100) johnnylakonia is not very well liked. (-100) johnnylakonia is not very well liked. (-100) johnnylakonia is not very well liked. (-100) johnnylakonia is not very well liked. (-100) johnnylakonia is not very well liked. (-100) johnnylakonia is not very well liked. (-100) johnnylakonia is not very well liked. (-100) johnnylakonia is not very well liked. (-100) johnnylakonia is not very well liked. (-100)

9-5, IF, and some advice.

Hello all. I'll get right to it.

I work 7:30 to 4pm, your average day. I fast 16/8 every day since start of January (mix it up as needed. once a week sooner and sometimes keep the fast deeper into the day weekdays. I usually break the fast around lunch and eat till 8. 2 meals, sometimes 3 or 2 and a shake (to get enough protein).

I try to go 155g protein, 80g fat, 265g carbs (which I usually backload after a workout). I try, I'm about there. And say 300-500 calorie deficit with my IF usual day.

I get a strength workout in right after work, 3 to 4 days a week, push pull legs for now. I'm not lifting for mass because fat loss is the goal, more to maintain lean mass, grow what I can, and aid in fat burning.

So the workout is not fasted. impossible for me to do that workout early morning. just not happening. and love it after work anyway so it works for me. I don't eat right after the workout either. I keep it going an hour or so if I can so hopefully it gets at fat stores.

So knowing all, a) any advice going forward? and b) what is the best way to break the fast (considering I'm not keto). I may go Keto in the spring summer to really cut, but not now. So MCT oil not the way correct? I've read rice cake, but then what. I've also ready bone broth and keep animal protein till evening.

Basically, I'm sure there are a few people out there with this exact issue/daily routine, etc. What do you do, is it successful for you? Any tips on the confusion I am having or best methods for optimal efficiency.

Cheers,

John L.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're overcomplicating things. Fatloss is a product of a consistent weekly net calorie deficit over time and nothing more. IF, KETO, etc don't change that and those eating plans do not accelerate fatloss. As far as lifting "for mass" You should always be lifting heavy. When dieting to maintain muscle mass and when you move into a calorie surplus to add muscle.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP, do you really think fasted workouts or not eating until an hour after your workout does something magical for fat loss? (It doesn't)... And neither does "breaking the fast"...

A consistent net calorie deficit over time will result in fat loss.
    The best weight loss and muscle building advice you will ever get:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0eWbk-0qdg

The truth about "Recomping"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aErqkCgDuE

TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by johnnylakonia View Post
    Hello all. I'll get right to it.

I work 7:30 to 4pm, your average day. I fast 16/8 every day since start of January (mix it up as needed. once a week sooner and sometimes keep the fast deeper into the day weekdays. I usually break the fast around lunch and eat till 8. 2 meals, sometimes 3 or 2 and a shake (to get enough protein).

I try to go 155g protein, 80g fat, 265g carbs (which I usually backload after a workout). I try, I'm about there. And say 300-500 calorie deficit with my IF usual day.

I get a strength workout in right after work, 3 to 4 days a week, push pull legs for now. I'm not lifting for mass because fat loss is the goal, more to maintain lean mass, grow what I can, and aid in fat burning.

So the workout is not fasted. impossible for me to do that workout early morning. just not happening. and love it after work anyway so it works for me. I don't eat right after the workout either. I keep it going an hour or so if I can so hopefully it gets at fat stores.

So knowing all, a) any advice going forward? and b) what is the best way to break the fast (considering I'm not keto). I may go Keto in the spring summer to really cut, but not now. So MCT oil not the way correct? I've read rice cake, but then what. I've also ready bone broth and keep animal protein till evening.

Basically, I'm sure there are a few people out there with this exact issue/daily routine, etc. What do you do, is it successful for you? Any tips on the confusion I am having or best methods for optimal efficiency.

Cheers,

John L.
    You can literally eat an entire meal in the middle of a gym session and lose the same amount of fat as someone in IF that eats one meal a day as long as you’re in a deficit. **** dude I eat on the way from the gym sometimes after grabbing a breakfast burrito during a cut.