Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000)

Frustrated, need inspiration, feeling very stuck.

I feel like I have been doing everything right, yet my weight loss is stagnant. I am not someone who was very athletic even as a child, and have struggled with weight since I was a child. Over the course of my life, I developed a pretty good gym habit ( I haven't missed a week of gym in the past 10 years) and about 2 years ago I started trying to take weight training seriously. I started reading the stickies here, I did a simple beginners routine for several months, followed by a 5 x 5 routine, and now do an intermedaite upper lower routine. I have made a lot of progress in terms of strength, but my weightloss progress has been slow to non-existent.

I am male, 5' 8", weight 240 pounds ( a good 50 to 60 pounds overweight, even if I was at peak muscle mass). The last 6 months, I have been eating 1900-2100 calories a day (which is a 700 calorie reduction from what I was eating before I did proper weight training). I have lost a grand total of 10 pounds over the past year and not made any progress the last 3 months.

Lifting weights has made sure I can squat 315 and bench 185, but I feel like unless I run a half marathon a few times a week or eat a 1500 calorie diet, I will never lose weight.

MichaelDDorsey is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Never stop, keep going on!

I have a sense of freedom that rocks my world! This past year, I’ve had the freedom to travel across the US several times visiting friends and relatives, making new business acquaintances, and experiencing adventures that surprised even me. Just to give you an idea: indoor sky diving, zip lining, climbing 90’ in the air to walk a tightrope complete with obstacles, beaches on both the east and west coast, as well as seeing the Great Lakes showcase some amazing power and tranquility. You can take a brief read if you want as well. I’ve worked hard at two and sometimes three jobs that complement one another and bring me joy. I’ve lived the dream. Yet, it sometimes feels like a cloud of darkness has taken over my freedom.
    In order to keep the freedom I desire, I must pull out the three cards that trump the three-headed monster every time!
    1.) Be focused!
    2.) Be persistent!
    3.) Be determined!

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, are you WEIGHING everything that goes into your mouth? EVERYTHING. (Including drinks, sauces, oils. It all counts.) Do you have cheat days?

My strong inclination is that on an average daily basis you are significantly miscounting calories. Especially at 240 pounds.

poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm procrastinating!