Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jason_bh View Post

I did get him a PS4 and I have to say that I was impressed with the build quality and difference in graphics. I am a believer. He hasn't let me play his yet. I was tempted to buy Shadow of the Colossus the other day to play on it. But I think that I am just gonna have to break down and get my own PS4.
    If you are impressed with the base system get a Pro if you get another, you'll be blown away. I think you like action/adventure games, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, The Last of Us, and Uncharted 4 are all must plays in that genre IMO.

What does your son play?

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    If you are impressed with the base system get a Pro if you get another, you'll be blown away. I think you like action/adventure games, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, The Last of Us, and Uncharted 4 are all must plays in that genre IMO.

What does your son play?
    Yeah, I like action/adventure games. My son plays Spiderman, NBA 2K, and a few other games that I can't remember. I bought him The Last of Us because you raved about it. I am not sure if he played it. I actually bought it hoping that I would get a chance to play it.

PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeppersGhost is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i love the game, and also have been a zelda fan for years. its ok if you dont like it, people like different things
    i have bested fruit, spike, and moon

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah, I like action/adventure games. My son plays Spiderman, NBA 2K, and a few other games that I can't remember. I bought him The Last of Us because you raved about it. I am not sure if he played it. I actually bought it hoping that I would get a chance to play it.
    Get your own PS4Pro and get after it.

How old is he? Not that someone younger couldn't enjoy it but I think an adult would much more appreciate the atmosphere, character development, and story line, as well as game play.

eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Beat it...was fun.

Last boss fight was terrible though, easy.

I did never beat those horse people. Got my ass kicked every time. Ran for my life.
    Dodgers!
    BAAA BAA Baa Taaa Taaa Toothy

Mercenary. Non-negotiable CaliSuperSport's Avatar
    CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The game obviously isn't for everyone. I grew up playing the original Zelda where you had no idea where to go and what to do. Took months before you could beat it because you had to talk to friends about secrets.

OoT was a great game. I played it and beat it several times. Holds a lot of nostalgia for me.

BotW is at the top for me. I realize it's not for everyone. I do hate the weapon system, but I understand how it gets you to use other weapons, which is somewhat of a good idea.

As far as story goes, I don't recall any Zelda game really diving into the story in great detail. Certainly the first gen ones didn't. Having said that, the story in BotW makes sense towards the very end of the game. So if you didn't beat the game, I can see where the gripe is for that. But you didn't beat the game to see how it fits together, so.....

The open-world aspect of BotW is good IMO. There are things to do.
    -Collect materials to upgrade your armor
    -Beat shrines
    -Farm dragon materials
    -Play mini-golf
    -Farm Korok seeds
    -Watch the Bobkins interact with each other from afar (they sometimes do some funny things)
    -Fight Lynels for good loot
    -Find different horses (Epona, White Horse, Ganondorf's Giant Horse
    -Build Tarrey Town
    -Build your own house
    Thanks for the solid post. I didn't know you could do town or home building. And while other Zelda games weren't necessarily plot rich or content rich, my point on OoT was there was a perfect balance and flow of both. OoT had this perfect blend of mystery and melancholy that made the generally simple plot very compelling and memorable. You start off as a child in this blissful adventure, you feel the looming thread when Ganon meets the king, you then wakeup to see the world reduced to ash and overcome impossible odds to defeat it. The sages were these fascinating eternal beings and Sheik was a mysterious figure who was key to understanding it all. Most people hate time travel in films or games but IMO it adds so much.

BotW definitely tried to make an endearing story, with the concept of Link being this forgotten hero and Zelda facing Ganon all alone. But it's tough to beat OoT. I guess I'll beat it, but lets just say I'll probably finish 2 Assassin's creed games before I get to finishing BotW.

Originally Posted by PeppersGhost View Post
    i love the game, and also have been a zelda fan for years. its ok if you dont like it, people like different things
    I definitely don't dislike the game, but so far I can't agree it's better than OoT. And if I hear one more person argue that cell-shading is better because "derp....OoT didn't age well..." I sware on me mum......

Tired of goober Zelda fans giving TP and OoT chit for using realistic graphics. By that logic, everything game should be cell-shading.

Originally Posted by eltoro24 View Post
    Beat it...was fun.

Last boss fight was terrible though, easy.

I did never beat those horse people. Got my ass kicked every time. Ran for my life.
    I beat the Lynel in that ruined coliseum but it wasn't worth the food and weapons....all I got was an equally good sword and a bow that drains my arrow supply. I reloaded an earlier save and avoided it.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆
    ₪ DEFQON.1 AUSTRALIA 2016 ₪
    177 lbs | O: 165 /// B: 275 /// S: 335 /// D: 390

InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100)
    I finished the game, it shouldn't be the game of the year, nothing revolutionary about it.
    The game felt long because the weapons kept breaking & I had to keep collecting them.
    The story is defn nonexistent, shouldve added more cutscenes
    Instagram - @shajeely
    Fitness Journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176797831

Natural Competitive BB euro7muscle's Avatar
    euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This game was a true masterpiece to me. Sure the weapon breaking system was annoying at times but it really added another layer of strategy to the game.

The cleverness and thought-out detail behind the shrines were great, never felt like a chore (which puzzles usually do) and added great sanctification and challenge to the game. I loved how you could approach enemies, puzzles, climbing, etc. any way you see fit and there was not a one-path linear method that the game forced you to take, it allowed you to be creative and figure things out on your own!

The progression of the game is also loads of fun, the entire game felt like a giant training camp (cue Rocky training montage) preparing for the big fight at the end! There is no time limit to when you want to go to Ganon so you can truly take your time and prepare yourself until YOU decide you are ready rather than a forced linear progression path.

PS, you don't buy a Zelda game for the story (it's been relatively the same template each game), so I am not a fan of that counter-argument
    6'3
    240 lb. (off-season)
    220 lb. (competition)

Competition History:
    2016 NPC Midwest Naturals
    2017 NPC Battle of the Falls
    2018 GNBF Internationale Deutsche Meisterschaft

CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by InfiniteCurry View Post
    I finished the game, it shouldn't be the game of the year, nothing revolutionary about it.
    The game felt long because the weapons kept breaking & I had to keep collecting them.
    The story is defn nonexistent, shouldve added more cutscenes
    Weird thing is I never minded the weapon breaking. But yeah barely any story especially considering they're through (optional?) memory cutscenes which are easy to just never do. Stretched over the many hours you spend on the game...it makes you feel like its just an exploration/puzzle box game.

Originally Posted by euro7muscle View Post
    This game was a true masterpiece to me. Sure the weapon breaking system was annoying at times but it really added another layer of strategy to the game.

The cleverness and thought-out detail behind the shrines were great, never felt like a chore (which puzzles usually do) and added great sanctification and challenge to the game. I loved how you could approach enemies, puzzles, climbing, etc. any way you see fit and there was not a one-path linear method that the game forced you to take, it allowed you to be creative and figure things out on your own!

The progression of the game is also loads of fun, the entire game felt like a giant training camp (cue Rocky training montage) preparing for the big fight at the end! There is no time limit to when you want to go to Ganon so you can truly take your time and prepare yourself until YOU decide you are ready rather than a forced linear progression path.

PS, you don't buy a Zelda game for the story (it's been relatively the same template each game), so I am not a fan of that counter-argument
    I agree on everything except story. Considering OoT was one of the most compelling stories (simple as it was) of any game I played.

Storylines don't need to be complex to be good. You need likeable and hate-able characters which OoT definitely had.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huberus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by latverian41 View Post
    Its usually best not to judge a game till after you have beaten it

It took me to half of OoT to really become engrossed in the story and game.
    Doesn't that make it a bad game? You shouldn't need to slog through 40 hours of gameplay to come to the realization that a game has a good story.
    Starting weight - 220lbs 23/08/09

*Always gets fukked over by 6, even though I know 1 will be best crew*

*Negs on sight for HighHurdler by request*

Originally Posted by Huberus View Post
    Doesn't that make it a bad game? You shouldn't need to slog through 40 hours of gameplay to come to the realization that a game has a good story.
    That's the other thing about open-world games...you can get sidetracked and lose sight of the main story completely.

More linear games make it so everything you do is working towards the end goal.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

Methodological Naturalism tk217's Avatar
    tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I mostly watched Game Grumps play the game - it was pretty but the game is like a throw back to original Nes games only takes significantly longer to do.

I also watched a speed run do the game dirty in a few hours.

Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arsenault09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm only like 1/2 through so I'm interested as well. The game is fun for me though I love exploring. I am super amped for the new Zelda game tho

ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm loving it so far, really addicted to it and play like 3-5 hours some days. But I've been a hardcore Zelda fan ever since I played Ocarina of Time as a kid probably around 1999 on the N64, so all these little details that relate to any of the oldschool titles I can appreciate. Overall, the game is just amazing. You have to remember, this is a modern day homage to the original TLOZ with bits and pieces of all the other titles that stood out. It's ALL about exploration and freedom, collecting, secrets and lore. Battling constantly across Hyrule and finding challenges here and there as you discover

When I first got the game, I went to Ganon almost immediately upon leaving the Great Plateau. It was the first time since Majora's Mask that TLOZ did something truly epic, that I was able to feel and recognize as greatness. The music at Hyrule Castle / Ganon's Castle perfectly reflected the severity of the situation Hyrule and everybody is facing. Through sound, the dire struggle and mission that Link, Zelda and the rest have to endure and complete--it's all present in the music. Same with the music in the sanctum, it's unbelievable. When I first fought that one form of him in the Sanctum, I was shocked at his design. One word to best describe it is probably formidable. I got wrecked every time. Lost like maybe 15-25 times before I threw in the towel and decided to venture out to get stronger. But being able to fight Ganon at the start of the game essentially, it gives a great perspective of just how powerful he is and the growth it's going to take as a warrior and knight, to defeat him and save Hyrule

The game is superb imo. Zelda's plight and Ganon's power over the land of Hyrule is the strongest showing since Ocarina of Time, and the rest falls into place. I think this is a top 5 Zelda game so far, havent finished it yet, but I bet it might be even top 3 once I do complete it
    Word is Bond

Lakers - Mackin' on your favorite team since 1947

angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thought it was an ok game. It did a lot of things right, like having multiple ways to solve some shrines, neat gameplay mechanics with the abilities the game gives you, some of the divine beasts were pretty cool. However, the story was ****, the combat was kind of dumb in that normal looking enemies could one shot you (they went for a dark souls vibe and completely whiffed it).

Cooking took forever, but the worst thing was the WEAPON DURABILITY. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired. Oh you finally got a cool weapon? Well don't get too attached to it cause it's gonna break in 5 hits. You couldn't even shield surf (which looked badass) cause all you're doing is wrecking your shields you might need later. Even the got damn master sword had a cooldown, I mean wtf.

Also, the fact that the story was text based instead of being spoken, in 2017, that was a no from me dawg. It didn't help that I played BotW right after Horizon: Zero Dawn (****ing 10/10 game), that really kind of made BotW look like chit in comparison.

Overall, 8.5/10 game. Great game, but not perfect.
    hiya
    PSN: med171

TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by angelfire2005 View Post
    Also, the fact that the story was text based instead of being spoken, in 2017, that was a no from me dawg.
    I don't follow your opinion on this one, the cutscenes from the memories that were voice acted were enough for me

the fact that everything in game is text based enables you to keep the flow going by going through it at your own pace

too many cutscenes in a game just slows the whole thing down and it gets annoying after a while imo
    +++ miscin' at work crew +++

montiii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) montiii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) montiii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) montiii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) montiii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) montiii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) montiii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) montiii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) montiii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) montiii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) montiii is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    played it handheld on bed and fell asleep then gave the switch back to my brother, was boring to me tbh. Everything felt pointless.

JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I gave this game a legitimate chance. It's pretty great but nowhere near as amazing as people make it out to be. The breaking weapons is insanely stupid. Who the **** would want to be a blacksmith in this universe?
    "You can always be thinner... look better"
    Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by tk217 View Post
    I mostly watched Game Grumps play the game - it was pretty but the game is like a throw back to original Nes games only takes significantly longer to do.

I also watched a speed run do the game dirty in a few hours.
    Originally Posted by Arsenault09 View Post
    I'm only like 1/2 through so I'm interested as well. The game is fun for me though I love exploring. I am super amped for the new Zelda game tho
    Originally Posted by montiii View Post
    played it handheld on bed and fell asleep then gave the switch back to my brother, was boring to me tbh. Everything felt pointless.
    Pretty sure these Switch games are being developed with start/stop handheld play in mind. Very easy to turn on your Switch, do a Shrine or some cooking, and then turn it off and play more later. The lack of extended cutscenes also makes me feel this way.

Originally Posted by ClevageGobbler View Post
    I'm loving it so far, really addicted to it and play like 3-5 hours some days. But I've been a hardcore Zelda fan ever since I played Ocarina of Time as a kid probably around 1999 on the N64, so all these little details that relate to any of the oldschool titles I can appreciate. Overall, the game is just amazing. You have to remember, this is a modern day homage to the original TLOZ with bits and pieces of all the other titles that stood out. It's ALL about exploration and freedom, collecting, secrets and lore. Battling constantly across Hyrule and finding challenges here and there as you discover

The game is superb imo. Zelda's plight and Ganon's power over the land of Hyrule is the strongest showing since Ocarina of Time, and the rest falls into place. I think this is a top 5 Zelda game so far, havent finished it yet, but I bet it might be even top 3 once I do complete it
    I also was addicted for a short time before I realized I was doing the same thing every time, with minimal variation. I'll say again it's a quality game but no where near deserving of the potential GOAT praise it's received.

Originally Posted by angelfire2005 View Post
    Thought it was an ok game. It did a lot of things right, like having multiple ways to solve some shrines, neat gameplay mechanics with the abilities the game gives you, some of the divine beasts were pretty cool. However, the story was ****, the combat was kind of dumb in that normal looking enemies could one shot you (they went for a dark souls vibe and completely whiffed it).

Cooking took forever, but the worst thing was the WEAPON DURABILITY. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired. Oh you finally got a cool weapon? Well don't get too attached to it cause it's gonna break in 5 hits. You couldn't even shield surf (which looked badass) cause all you're doing is wrecking your shields you might need later. Even the got damn master sword had a cooldown, I mean wtf.

Also, the fact that the story was text based instead of being spoken, in 2017, that was a no from me dawg. It didn't help that I played BotW right after Horizon: Zero Dawn (****ing 10/10 game), that really kind of made BotW look like chit in comparison.

Overall, 8.5/10 game. Great game, but not perfect.
    Originally Posted by JohnRainbo View Post
    I gave this game a legitimate chance. It's pretty great but nowhere near as amazing as people make it out to be. The breaking weapons is insanely stupid. Who the **** would want to be a blacksmith in this universe?
    I think because there's so many weapons, I don't care much about breaking. Plus you can always re-do tests of strength to get very good weapons.

I liked the combat but the fact that the most challenging enemies, the Lynels, are not worth the time, effort, and loss of food/weapons kinda dampens it.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

SuperGuitarDude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuperGuitarDude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuperGuitarDude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuperGuitarDude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuperGuitarDude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuperGuitarDude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuperGuitarDude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuperGuitarDude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuperGuitarDude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuperGuitarDude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuperGuitarDude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It does get better if you play it on the PC Master Race:

Last edited by SuperGuitarDude; 03-14-2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Finally figured it out.

CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100) CCTVExperiment is not very well liked. (-100)
    I enjoyed it. BUt it has a slow start.