lab624 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Good Warm-up Routine for All Pro Beginner workout?

Hey every one,

I started going to the gym about a week ago, and am currently doing All Pro's beginner workout routine.

Is there any specific warm-up I should consider beforehand? I currently do about 5 minutes on the treadmill, or will do a few laps around the track we have and stretch. Wasn't sure if there was something more specific I should be doing or not. Thanks for reading!

rlefebvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rlefebvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rlefebvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rlefebvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rlefebvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rlefebvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rlefebvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rlefebvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rlefebvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rlefebvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rlefebvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is nothing specific and its very personal.

As long as you feel warmed up, you are good to go.

I like to warm up with the exercises I am doing.

So If I am going to say Bench press squat and row

I will do 5 to 8 reps of each with just the bar once or twice just to limber up and get my form ready.

Anything that you find works for you is good.
    Ron

Current: Height:5'9 Weight: 169 lbs - Height:5'9 - BF:16%
    Goal:___Height:5'9 Weight: 170 lbs - Height:5'9 - BF:16%
    Dream:_Height:5'9 Weight: 180 lbs - Height:5'9 - BF:14%

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lab624 View Post
    Hey every one,

I started going to the gym about a week ago, and am currently doing All Pro's beginner workout routine.

Is there any specific warm-up I should consider beforehand? I currently do about 5 minutes on the treadmill, or will do a few laps around the track we have and stretch. Wasn't sure if there was something more specific I should be doing or not. Thanks for reading!
    Clearly explained in the thread:

Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000) Nanashi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lab624 View Post
    Hey every one,

If you are doing all pro's correctly. The compound sets include warm up. In the four set lifts, the first two sets are warm up sets (I think 25% weight and 50%). People are relatively divided whether static stretching before a weight training workout is a good thing, most of the experts seem to say no.

WapanCakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WapanCakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WapanCakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WapanCakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WapanCakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WapanCakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WapanCakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WapanCakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WapanCakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WapanCakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WapanCakes has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    If you are doing all pro's correctly. The compound sets include warm up. In the four set lifts, the first two sets are warm up sets (I think 25% weight and 50%). People are relatively divided whether static stretching before a weight training workout is a good thing, most of the experts seem to say no.
    Not OP here but would it be acceptable to add in more warm up sets? My max squat is 225 lbs and I always feel prepared after doing the bar, 95 lbs, 135 lbs, then 155 lbs.