migdsb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Which blood tests to do?

I'm planning on doing blood tests at least every 6 months or so as a way of making sure that my biomarkers are as expected and, generally, that my health is in good shape. Would like the opinion of the community, especially those who have a medical background, on a few aspects though. Haven't gone ahead and done the tests yet as I'm still deciding on which exactly to do. Although I'm not tight on money, I will be paying for them myself and if there's anything that doesn't provide some sort of value, then I might as well ditch it. Here's a list of the tests I thought of doing:

Cortisol, Testosterone, Estradiol, Platelets, Glicose, Colesterol total and HDL, Triglycerides, Aminotransferase ALT and TGP, Gamma Glutamyl Transferase, Phosphatase Alkaline, Creatinine, Uric acid, Ureia, Summary exam on urine (?), Ionogram (?), PSA Prostate levels, Vitamin B12 and D.

I'm unsure about the tests on vitamins and whether I should include Estrogen too. Also, not a drinker myself but take many supplements daily and, given that I have come across several scary news stories of people who took supplements and developed cirrhosis which quickly led to liver failure, it might make sense to test for liver function too?

What are your thoughts? Should I include more tests, if so which? Perhaps some of the ones I picked are redundant for someone who is generally healthy and is free from malaise or symptoms of any kind? Even more interestingly, maybe it would make sense to do some of the tests less frequently like once a year?

Also, how often should I do the tests? 6 mo, quarterly?

I'm 40yo, do strength training with dumbbells but my main focus is cardio.
    Last edited by migdsb; 02-11-2019 at 09:59 AM.