Thread: Sumo Deadlift ?

JoeyFisher88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeyFisher88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeyFisher88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeyFisher88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeyFisher88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeyFisher88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeyFisher88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeyFisher88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeyFisher88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeyFisher88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeyFisher88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Sumo Deadlift ?

Hey guys so Ive been experimenting with sumos and I have some questions if any of you guys could give tips or answers -

I’m 6’6 and when I go into the wide stance - my toes are almost or are getting crushed when I pick the weight up and move it back down . Is there a special bar to use or should I shorten my stance up ?

I aslo see people put their arms out b4 they lift then go right down and pull .

Should I do that or should I take my time and slow things up ..

Thanks for any input

sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well seems you might need to shorten the stance if you are risking crushing your toes. There is also such a thing as an elefant bar I think its called that is longer and has the weights farther out but i highly doubt your gym has one. Or if you have multiple clips and aren't putting a ton of weights on a regular bar you can clip both sides of the weights further out to give yourself more room.

For your second thing its really personal preference. Some people do that and "grip it and rip it" others like to be slower and more methodical. Its up to you to do what works best for you.
    "If I fail, and I pray to god that I don't, it will not be because I did not try"

Weight Loss Expert Healthymom5230's Avatar
    Healthymom5230 is not very well liked. (-100) Healthymom5230 is not very well liked. (-100) Healthymom5230 is not very well liked. (-100) Healthymom5230 is not very well liked. (-100) Healthymom5230 is not very well liked. (-100) Healthymom5230 is not very well liked. (-100) Healthymom5230 is not very well liked. (-100) Healthymom5230 is not very well liked. (-100) Healthymom5230 is not very well liked. (-100) Healthymom5230 is not very well liked. (-100) Healthymom5230 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by sitsonCHROME View Post
    Well seems you might need to shorten the stance if you are risking crushing your toes. There is also such a thing as an elefant bar I think its called that is longer and has the weights farther out but i highly doubt your gym has one. Or if you have multiple clips and aren't putting a ton of weights on a regular bar you can clip both sides of the weights further out to give yourself more room.

For your second thing its really personal preference. Some people do that and "grip it and rip it" others like to be slower and more methodical. Its up to you to do what works best for you.
    2nd that