drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00

Which personage -fictional or otherwise- do you use for inspiration?

Schwarzenegger often went to theaters to see Hercules in action for his motivation in the early years.

I have a Superman statue that sits above my bench.

Who's an inspiration to you?

Warblaster414 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Honestly, most musclar guys on anime or cartoons inspire me lol. I don't have one, any character that is msuclar I use for inspiration to train harder and achive my goal.

drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00
    Nice!

unofficiallyjj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Honestly not sure if there are any real people that inspire me to lift, but character wise would be Adonis Creed. Never really got into the Rocky franchise until watching Creed and it just went from there really.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    There were many physiques that I've found impressive and inspirational, but the 6 below stick out the most in my mind (in chronological order). They are all guys I expected, at one time in my life, to "look like".

Bruce Lee was the first action hero I dreamed of looking like, of course at that time I had no idea you could actually do things to change the way your body looked. I just assumed a lot of martial arts got you looking like that...of course, I never learned any martial arts.

I got into lifting because of art. It was around the age of 16 I started reading Howard’s Conan stories. Covers illustrated by the great Frank Frazetta, inspired me to draw and paint scores of pictures of Conan. Since I needed to study how muscles looked in various poses, I borrowed some M&F magazines from my older sister’s boyfriend. It wasn’t long before I started reading the articles that went along with the pictures.

Kerry Von Erich, was the first guy with real (bodybuilder) muscles I saw in action. Most people’s first bodybuilding hero was Arnold, mine was Kerry. Living in Wisconsin, I had to get up at 4 AM to watch the obscure wrestling program out of Texas, just hoping my hero would be wrestling that day.

Mike Mentzer, was a prominent writer during the days I was reading M&F. Much of what he wrote (not his HIT stuff) became the core of my earliest beliefs. He is what I THOUGH I’d look like after a few years of lifting. Ha ha!

Once I realized I wasn’t ever going to be massive, Frank Zane became my role model. He always looked so awesome, and in my ignorance found I his build more “realistic” and figured it would be easier to obtain…little did I know that a build like his would be even HARDER to obtain, since it relied heavily on a genetic structure I didn’t have. Still think he had the best physique of the golden era

Finally we have Jeff Cavalier. When I came back to lifting as a more mature adult I was both more pessimistic AND realistic. I now understood genetics and knew about PEDs. It seemed silly to aspire to any of the old role models or to pick any new ones. It became simply about becoming the best ME I could obtain. However, I do have to admit I greatly admire the physique of Jeff Cavalier above most of the ones I see "on the scene" these days. Some may disagree, but I do believe he is natural (and if you think a physique like his isn’t obtainable naturally, you need to work out and diet harder). To me, he has the perfect balance of looking muscular, fit, athletic, healthy, and real.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm never going to achieve my "ideal" physique unless I take cell tech. That's the bottom line (hint...some highly advanced Crossfit ladies). So, what I've always taken pride in is my natural God-given abilities to build "relatable" muscle, strength, power and athletic conditioning. I can't be ANYONE ELSE but ME, and that's served me well in the past. It has to serve me well now...!

I almost forgot....How could I forget my "unique" brand of "stubbornness" that's gotten to where I am physically. So, I may not be perfect, but just being me has been enough in this arena.
    Last edited by etet1919; 02-13-2019 at 12:44 PM.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been a huge Bruce Lee fan since I was pretty young. I thought he had this great combination of grace and power. I also thought he was ahead of his time.
    Sometimes people come into the world and make a big impact in a short period of time. And then, they're gone too soon. That was Bruce.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I first tried lifting in the late 1970’s, the “Golden Age.” Most people I knew admired Arnold, but it was Frank Zane who inspired me then. I still admire how he kept his physique at a high level well into his sixties and beyond. Now, though, I like looking back to the “Pre-Golden Era,” before steroids turned everyone into a cartoon character. Steve Reeves, John Grimek, and Clancy Ross did it all through good food, good rest, hard and intelligent lifting, and great genetics. I figure I can do something about the first three.

When I was really young, the fictional character that inspired me the most was Mowgli, of the Jungle Book. Not the Disney version, the original Kipling creation. That dude was bad-a$$, and sedentary he was not!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalbabble has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Personage - very french way of putting it.

BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Greg Plitt, David Goggins

georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Greg Plitt, Robert Downey jr, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kobe Bryant, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Conor McGregor, Michael Jordan i try and take the good traits because some of these people have some negative features.