Erovit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

More cardio or Heavy Weights?

Hello, I've been running into a wall as of recently. So Originally I weighed in at 280 pounds, over the course of 5ish months I dropped down to 200. I have always had a dream of chasing a solid solid 6 pack. So the idea behind a 6 pack is to have extremely low BF %, though it seems like If I continue to drop another 10 or 15 ish pounds through cardio means, I'm afraid ill just look sickly. The other benefit of Cardio/running is it seems to tighten up loose skin. So I am a little confused on what my primary focus should be If i want a nice solid 6 pack with a little bit of a arm definition. Should I focus on lifting heavy and still eating at the deficit, continue with cardio at the deficit or just try and build enough muscle so that the muscle energy consumes the rest of the fat (LOL if it works like that?). Thanks in advanced.

Could be considered NSFW picture.

Picture: imgur.com/a/coYffgU

No hyper link because i need 50 posts on the board apparently :c

Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Erovit View Post
    Hello, I've been running into a wall as of recently. So Originally I weighed in at 280 pounds, over the course of 5ish months I dropped down to 200. I have always had a dream of chasing a solid solid 6 pack. So the idea behind a 6 pack is to have extremely low BF %, though it seems like If I continue to drop another 10 or 15 ish pounds through cardio means, I'm afraid ill just look sickly. The other benefit of Cardio/running is it seems to tighten up loose skin. So I am a little confused on what my primary focus should be If i want a nice solid 6 pack with a little bit of a arm definition. Should I focus on lifting heavy and still eating at the deficit, continue with cardio at the deficit or just try and build enough muscle so that the muscle energy consumes the rest of the fat (LOL if it works like that?). Thanks in advanced.

Could be considered NSFW picture.

Picture: imgur.com/a/coYffgU

No hyper link because i need 50 posts on the board apparently :c
    IMO, heavy weights always work better for fat loss... Aside from the very true point that nutrition always comes first, I'd always pick up weights as opposed to more cardio. I've lost 70 lbs so far and I still don't do cardio more than 2x a week and always on the days when I'm not doing weights. IMO, weights have more benefit than cardio - they build muscle mass so your skin will fill up with muscle tissue and will look more tight, then, strength training has more influence on EPOC than steady cardio, so you'll burn more kcal after your wokrout, which is not the case with steady cardio...
    Now, I'm not saying cardio doesn't have benefits, it's still fantastic to be in form and to be fit for running, cycling etc, it's great for your overall fitness and wellnes, but when it comes to fat loss - I'd always vote for weights!

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Focus on weights however adding cardio a few days a week will also help with fatloss and CV health.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Erovit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dannie1981 View Post
    IMO, heavy weights always work better for fat loss... Aside from the very true point that nutrition always comes first, I'd always pick up weights as opposed to more cardio. I've lost 70 lbs so far and I still don't do cardio more than 2x a week and always on the days when I'm not doing weights. IMO, weights have more benefit than cardio - they build muscle mass so your skin will fill up with muscle tissue and will look more tight, then, strength training has more influence on EPOC than steady cardio, so you'll burn more kcal after your wokrout, which is not the case with steady cardio...
    Now, I'm not saying cardio doesn't have benefits, it's still fantastic to be in form and to be fit for running, cycling etc, it's great for your overall fitness and wellnes, but when it comes to fat loss - I'd always vote for weights!
    Thanks, I was leaning more to the weights, but always heard cardio to reduce the flab.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks, I was leaning more to the weights, but always heard cardio to reduce the flab.
    No, cardio or any exercise for that matter doesn't burn fat. It merely adds to your calorie deficit provided you're actually in one. Diet is the biggest factor by far for weight management.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannie1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's absolutely NOTHING that will retract your skin if your skin is not elastic enough. You can't really know the amount of skin that you'll have in excess... skin has the ability to retract even up to 6 - 9 months after you stabilize your weight and measurements. Exercising has other functions, but has little to no impact on skin elasticity. Collagen on the other hand, does. If you got stretchmarks on some areas, you'll have extra skin there. Weights, in my opinion, are much better option than cardio for skin, because cardio doesn't build muscles, so with cardio there is nothing to fill the skin where fat was. Weights will build muscles so, for instance, in arms and thighs, you'll fill up the space with muscles instead of having thin arms and legs and flabby skin all around.

JackMan017 is just really nice. (+1000) JackMan017 is just really nice. (+1000) JackMan017 is just really nice. (+1000) JackMan017 is just really nice. (+1000) JackMan017 is just really nice. (+1000) JackMan017 is just really nice. (+1000) JackMan017 is just really nice. (+1000) JackMan017 is just really nice. (+1000) JackMan017 is just really nice. (+1000) JackMan017 is just really nice. (+1000) JackMan017 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Solid 6 pack's going to take some time my man. But, you've come a long way, congrats. Just keep doing what you're doing. Slowly and slowly you're going to see your body composition improve a little more and a little more - keep staying consistent with the weights, nutrition & sleep.

As for cardio, I use it for two reasons. One to help widen my caloric deficit and two Cardio is great exercise for your heart and overall cardiovascular health. I feel like that aspect often gets overlooked. IMO, having a strong cardiovascular system is important when weight training, and will only improve your weight training sessions, atleast that's been my experience.