BattleBkrn93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Skinny Fat. Help!

Hi all,

I am 6 foot 1 inch, 185cm tall. I weight 184lbs and have a fat percentage of 17.2%. I am 25 years old.

Previous did a lot of running, half marathons etc.

I have started lifting weights the last 6 weeks and have gained some mass, eating in a slight defecit.

I am training 4 days a week minimum at the moment.

I do have love handles and belly fat, and I am wondering how best to proceed. I'm skinny on my arms and chest.

I am currently eating around 2300 calories a day and walk around 10k steps a day as well.

Do I bulk, maintain or cut?

Any advice would be welcome.
    Last edited by BattleBkrn93; 02-11-2019 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Missed information

TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyJNav is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BattleBkrn93 View Post
    Hi all,

I am 6 foot 1 inch, 185cm tall. I weight 184lbs and have a fat percentage of 17.2%. I am 25 years old.

Previous did a lot of running, half marathons etc.

I have started lifting weights the last 6 weeks and have gained some mass, eating in a slight defecit.

I am training 4 days a week minimum at the moment.

I do have love handles and belly fat, and I am wondering how best to proceed. I'm skinny on my arms and chest.

I am currently eating around 2300 calories a day and walk around 10k steps a day as well.

Do I bulk, maintain or cut?

Any advice would be welcome.
    Hey bud, at that height and weight I would 100% start a bulk. If you continue to cut you will lose any lean muscle you have left. Also, understand even if you are lifting minimum 4 days a week, you will continue to lose/maintain any muscle you have because it is not possible to gain lean mass while in a deficit unless you’re a true beginner. You need to up your calories but i wouldn’t be able to tell you an exact number since I don’t know your lifestyle and workout intensity, but just to give you a comparison, I’m 5”9 173 and lose weight eating 2300 calories. Good luck brotha!