Rmcd14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

When to take what supplements??

So i started working out 1 year ago and in that time iv been trying to learn more about muscles, supplements etc just to maximise results, My aim is just to increase size im not looking to be huge just put on a decent amount of lean muscle

I have been taking Gold Standard Whey as a pre and post workout but i picked up Redcon1 "Grunt" EAA's as an Intra, the guy at my store said to pair it with Carb Powder so i got a bag,

Issue is im now confused as to what i should take pre, post and intra,

My idea was Whey pre workout, Grunt as the intra and Grunt + Carbs as a post then Whey around an hour later???

Any help is appreciated

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    When you take it in relation to the workout is not going to have much effect.

As long as you get around 3-5 widely spaced protein doses per day, that's about as close to optimal as it's worth getting.

It also doesn't matter that much where the protein comes from. It could come from powders or whole foods. I personally use shakes in the morning because I'm not hungry and don't eat breakfast. So they are a convenience as much as anything.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    When you take it in relation to the workout is not going to have much effect.

As long as you get around 3-5 widely spaced protein doses per day, that's about as close to optimal as it's worth getting.

It also doesn't matter that much where the protein comes from. It could come from powders or whole foods. I personally use shakes in the morning because I'm not hungry and don't eat breakfast. So they are a convenience as much as anything.
    Cheers, what about the intra and post?? am i right in saying that have the EAA's as an Intra and then because the muscles uses Glycogen during the workout it would be bets to have the Intra (EAA's) + Carbs post and Whey an hour later to feed the muscles??

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Rmcd14 View Post
    Cheers, what about the intra and post?? am i right in saying that have the EAA's as an Intra and then because the muscles uses Glycogen during the workout it would be bets to have the Intra (EAA's) + Carbs post and Whey an hour later to feed the muscles??
    Taking amino acids during your workout isn't going to change what your muscles use while resistance training for muscle/strength. I wouldn't spend money on them. If you want an intra other than water, try carbs, something as simple as Gatorade, or if you want a fancy supplement or Gatorade bothers your stomach, try highly branched cyclic dextrin (HBCD)

Use protein powder as needed to hit your daily protein goal/macro by the end of the day.
    Controlled Labs Rep
    nathan @ controlledlabs.com

Ok let me kind of re write this just to make sure im asking the right things as im confusing myself as of late haha

What would be the best to take Pre (If any, im not a fan of the Beta Alanine tingle) Intra Workout - My though was EAA's with or without a Carb Powder & Post my thoughts were EAA's & Carbs and then a Whey shake 1 hour later??

Do i have any of that correct or whats a good setup, im starting to up the weights as they are starting to feel to easy so i want to keep the muscles supplied with the correct nutrients at the correct times of course

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    This is my schedule:

1. On waking: protein shake
    2. 11am - gym
    3. 12 noon - lunch (whole foods)
    4. 6pm - evening meal (whole foods)
    5. Pre-bed - protein powder mixed into greek yogurt

Notice that I don't have EAAs or powdered carb anywhere - a conscious decision because I don't think it's required.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    This is my schedule:

1. On waking: protein shake
    2. 11am - gym
    3. 12 noon - lunch (whole foods)
    4. 6pm - evening meal (whole foods)
    5. Pre-bed - protein powder mixed into greek yogurt

Notice that I don't have EAAs or powdered carb anywhere - a conscious decision because I don't think it's required.
    Hmmm, you may well be right haha i have my Whole foods down fine i do my meal prep and all that, Maybe just over thinking things now haha

Appreciate that

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Rmcd14 View Post
    Hmmm, you may well be right haha i have my Whole foods down fine i do my meal prep and all that, Maybe just over thinking things now haha

Appreciate that
    What's your surplus like? What are is your protein and fat intake like? How consistent are you hitting your macros?
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco