Saiyaginger is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should i start a mini cut?! (Nutrition + Body fat check!)

Hello guys,

Some Data to my person:

Startet Training: January 2018
    Full Body Workout 3 days a week
    Hight: 184 cm ~ 6 feet
    Weight: 74 kg ~ 163 lbs
    Body Fat: around 15~17% if i compare to some pictures. please see attached picture, what do you think about my body fat %? picture is a week old.

Because i can't see much abs anymore i'm thinking about a little mini cut for 6 weeks - what do you guys think? continue bulking or mini cut?

if yes, for nutrition please check if i miss something.

Basic calorie consumption around 1800~ / for maintainance around 2300~2400

i would cut with this for 6 weeks:

1750 calories
    67g fat / 101g carbs / 190g protein - including oats, nuts, veggies, eggs, cottage cheese, turkey, tuna, olive oil and whey.

glad for every help.

thanks and have a nice pump!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Saiyaginger; 02-11-2019 at 12:05 AM.

scs91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Personally, I'd strongly recommend that you continue to bulk. I'd increase calories.

BUT;

What is your goal?
    What workout plan are you following?

Originally Posted by scs91 View Post
    Personally, I'd strongly recommend that you continue to bulk. I'd increase calories.

BUT;

What is your goal?
    What workout plan are you following?
    following a full body workout 3 days a week.
    goal is to build muscle and stay as lean as possible.

startet bulking with a 200~300 surplus in december ~ got 5 kg within 2 months maybe a bit too much so i was thinking about a little cut.

also it's my first time bulking so any tips are welcome.

thanks

scs91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If your aim is to build lean muscle, you need to keep bulking but keep close to your calorie intake. How are you tracking cals?

A lot of people ask themselves the 'should I stop bulking' question. You just need to pick one goal then stick to it whether it be cut or bulk, otherwise you may just end up going round in circles. By the sounds of your post though it seems you want the answer to be cut? Do what makes you happy with your body.

if most of you guys tell me to continue bulking i will bulk.
    i'm thankful for every tip and answer here.

wasn't sure if a mini cut would be good or bad - first time bulking and i don't know how long i should bulk and when to cut. only thing i could find was if you can't see much abs anymore start a cut so i was asking here for help.

i count my macros with a app called fatsecret.

NinaB55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinaB55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinaB55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinaB55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinaB55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinaB55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinaB55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinaB55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinaB55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinaB55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinaB55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keep bulking, OP. You have nothing to cut.

Eat 200-300 above your maintenance. That way, you won’t gain too much fat.

All the best.

grubman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grubman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grubman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grubman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grubman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grubman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grubman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grubman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grubman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grubman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grubman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NinaB55 View Post
    Keep bulking, OP. You have nothing to cut.

Eat 200-300 above your maintenance. That way, you won’t gain too much fat.

All the best.
    ^^^this. Take good advice OP. Waffling around between a surplus and deficit before any quality muscle mass is obtained will lead you to years of looking the same. In a surplus, your abs will fade, you’ll be able to pinch some flab on your belly, your brain will tell you you’re getting fat...but if you are working out with consistancy and effort of a descent program, you will also be providing your body the material it needs to build muscle. After 6 months, you can trim away the fat and in 3 or 4 months you will be looking at a new more muscular you. OR be indecisive, and gain nothing, just so you can see a little bit of abs that won’t impress anyone. Think about it, and what you want to see in the mirror a year from now.
    My 8 year progress video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3BXudgIjg

that's what a needed to hear, thanks nina and grubman.

will continue to bulk till june so that i bulked for 6 months and will see how my body and strength will change.

after 6 month i may come back to this thread and ask again for advice.

thanks again guys!

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP when adding muscle you'll add fat also so trying to keep abs throughout a mass adding phase will be an exercise in futility if you're doing things right. Just keep track of your weight and waist measurement at the navel. That measurement will increase by 1" for every 5-7 lbs of fat gain so use that as a guide as far as how your calorie intake is affecting your fat\muscle gain.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough