Passionate4Gym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Devastated and confused about cutting/bulking dilemma

Hi guys,

I have been workout out for a year now.

When I hit the gym I give my all, every time.

My main lifts are at the following.

Bench:75kg 10 reps
    Squat:90kg 8 reps

The roblem is I used to be obese, and lost loads of weight, and I can't bring myself to add any fat to my body. At the same time I'm spinning my wheels a bit here because I'm eating just my maintainence.

Is it possible to gain muscle without adding or losing fat slowly?

Please there is no straight answer out there. Half swear blind you can't the other half swear you can.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In short, no its not possible to add muscle without adding at least *some* fat, but you can minimize fat gains though the process known as "lean bulking".

1. Ensure you are on a good strength training program and focused on progressive overload (progressively aiming for higher weight/more reps)
    2. Ensure you're getting about 2g of protein per kg of bodyweight and eat in a small caloric surplus (200-300 calories a day over your maintenance level) to build muscle while minimizing fat gains.
    The best weight loss and muscle building advice you will ever get:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0eWbk-0qdg

The truth about "Recomping"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aErqkCgDuE

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Devastated

AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're bordering on, or already seem to have, some big body image issues.

As a former chubby dude myself, i urge you to try and accept that you won't simply accidentally become obese again; it doesn't work that way.

Be honest with yourself... after ALL the weight you lost, do you really, really think that somehow you'll baloon up again without noticing? My guess is you'll be looking in the mirror, etc, to make sure everything is going good, in addition to watching the scale.

You need to understand that you've totally shifted your lifestyle.. it's OK to have a new goal.. gaining fat doesn't mean anything.. it's a process.

Commit to it.
    Why live a 'good' life when you could live an EPIC life?

skinnyguy360 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    You're bordering on, or already seem to have, some big body image issues.

As a former chubby dude myself, i urge you to try and accept that you won't simply accidentally become obese again; it doesn't work that way.

Be honest with yourself... after ALL the weight you lost, do you really, really think that somehow you'll baloon up again without noticing? My guess is you'll be looking in the mirror, etc, to make sure everything is going good, in addition to watching the scale.

You need to understand that you've totally shifted your lifestyle.. it's OK to have a new goal.. gaining fat doesn't mean anything.. it's a process.

Commit to it.
    Can't be said better than this.