Registered User askingquestion2's Avatar
    askingquestion2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to cut fat properly

Hey guys, so I’m currently 16 years old and I only exercise at home by doing push-ups and and I also have a set of dummbels. Most articles about losing fat without losing muscle I read require for me to do strength training, and only barely restrict calories. However I am unfamiliar of how I should do strength training at home? Will doing simple bicep curls and pushups be efficient in stopping muscle mass loss while cutting? So basically Im asking if doing size training such as bicep curls and pushups while cutting calories will result in me losing muscle mass.

Thanks in advance.

CodeSigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodeSigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodeSigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodeSigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodeSigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodeSigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodeSigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodeSigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodeSigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodeSigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodeSigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by askingquestion2 View Post
    Hey guys, so I’m currently 16 years old and I only exercise at home by doing push-ups and and I also have a set of dummbels. Most articles about losing fat without losing muscle I read require for me to do strength training, and only barely restrict calories. However I am unfamiliar of how I should do strength training at home? Will doing simple bicep curls and pushups be efficient in stopping muscle mass loss while cutting? So basically Im asking if doing size training such as bicep curls and pushups while cutting calories will result in me losing muscle mass.

Thanks in advance.

The more muscle you build the easier it is to loose fat...but also the same bodyfat will look less on you.
    If you are trying to put muscle and loose fat and you are above 15% bf then you have nothing to worry about. (bro science)
    Muscle loss is usually around 10% or lower but here's a simple guide line.

Do heavy compounds, if you are at home, go to a park with a heavy backpack and do chin ups, pull ups, wide pull ups and dips. Try even one arm chin ups etc. Heavy causes muscle trauama and wires your CNS for power. You can be big and not strong but you can't be really strong and not big.

More muscle=more calories burnt

I have a high metabolism so can't tell you much about calories and cutting. You are 16 eat fruits and vegs and play football alot or some**** cause you don't get time for that when you get a job.

Registered User askingquestion2's Avatar
    askingquestion2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CodeSigma View Post
    The more muscle you build the easier it is to loose fat...but also the same bodyfat will look less on you.
    If you are trying to put muscle and loose fat and you are above 15% bf then you have nothing to worry about. (bro science)
    Muscle loss is usually around 10% or lower but here's a simple guide line.

Do heavy compounds, if you are at home, go to a park with a heavy backpack and do chin ups, pull ups, wide pull ups and dips. Try even one arm chin ups etc. Heavy causes muscle trauama and wires your CNS for power. You can be big and not strong but you can't be really strong and not big.

More muscle=more calories burnt

I have a high metabolism so can't tell you much about calories and cutting. You are 16 eat fruits and vegs and play football alot or some**** cause you don't get time for that when you get a job.
    Thanks for the advice man- extremely useful. So if I just continue with my routine of pushups, planks and bicep curls, as well as overhead tricep exercise with dumbels (not familiar with name) that shouldn't result in muscle loss in the muscle groups it targets? Also, I've never heard of not losing muscle mass unless your 10% bodyfat what's the science behind it if you dont mind explaining.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by askingquestion2; 03-24-2019 at 04:20 PM.