domntc is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking benching 110kg / 242lb by end of year

Hey, so basically this year I plan to go full out in my training, making it my main priority.
    Currently sitting at a weight of 73kg (160lb) and a height of 6'0, at age 16.

I've been training once or twice a week for the past year, however that was 'just for fun' and for getting everything downpat (form, etc.).
    I'm starting at a weight of 70kg for my bench press, and by the end of the year my goal is 110kg: it may sound insane but I know I have the capability to reach it (via peak testosterone levels, heavy calorie intake (although still clean), training 4 times a week with a PT, counting protein + fat macro intake, etc).

Why i'm here is to ask if anyone else has reached this sort of peak in such a short time frame - up 40kg on the bench press in 12 months (3.34kg a month).
    Sorry bout anything I messed up here as i'm a new poster but i'd like to hear your stories and experiences with going all out in the gym as a main focus in life. <3

TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by domntc View Post
    Hey, so basically this year I plan to go full out in my training, making it my main priority.

I've been training once or twice a week for the past year, however that was 'just for fun' and for getting everything downpat (form, etc.).
    I'm starting at a weight of 70kg for my bench press, and by the end of the year my goal is 110kg: it may sound insane but I know I have the capability to reach it (via peak testosterone levels, heavy calorie intake (although still clean), training 4 times a week with a PT, counting protein + fat macro intake, etc).

Why i'm here is to ask if anyone else has reached this sort of peak in such a short time frame - up 40kg on the bench press in 12 months (3.34kg a month).
    Sorry bout anything I messed up here as i'm a new poster but i'd like to hear your stories and experiences with going all out in the gym as a main focus in life. <3
    Lol go full out on my training
    (And your pfp is ssg goku)

Everyone is different op

Tho i’m curious why you just wanna focus on benching
    Excluding the other big boy lifts

TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000) TLWeight is just really nice. (+1000)
    As far as i’m cocern You need to pick a novice program and bulk
    Get all of your lifts up

160 lbs at 6ft

Oof

hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57
    Lol I thought the same thing when I started my bench blew up to 215 quit easily and then SLOWED WAAYYY DOWN..a 240 bench at 6 foot and 160 pounds is possible in a year but seems to be overreaching a bit. Reaching a 225 bench in a year is already a great accomplishment

Originally Posted by TLWeight View Post
    Lol go full out on my training
    (And your pfp is ssg goku)

Everyone is different op

Tho i’m curious why you just wanna focus on benching
    Excluding the other big boy lifts
    finna be the next goku
    but nah for real, long story but chose bench just as an example for goal setting for a project i'm working on, also gonna max out my deadlift to 140 from 110 and my curl's to 20 (and a few other things)
    thanks a lot anyway man!

Originally Posted by TLWeight View Post
    As far as i’m cocern You need to pick a novice program and bulk
    Get all of your lifts up

160 lbs at 6ft

Oof
    yeah, not the biggest but pretty lean atm, was around 81kg before but took a break over the holidays as well as leaned out.
    planning to do a clean bulk, heavy on caloric intake, gonna try and get all my lifts up.

Originally Posted by hardgainer57 View Post
    Lol I thought the same thing when I started my bench blew up to 215 quit easily and then SLOWED WAAYYY DOWN..a 240 bench at 6 foot and 160 pounds is possible in a year but seems to be overreaching a bit. Reaching a 225 bench in a year is already a great accomplishment
    thanks a lot man!
    also, i'd be really happy if i reached 225 but 242 kinda like the cherry on top

BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well according to my log, I reached my all time peak on the bench on October 25th, 2018 with a max bench of 245 lbs (@127 lbs BW)... exactly one year before that, I was at a max bench of 165 lbs (@118 lbs BW)... so if we subtract the difference, I've gained about +80 lbs on my bench within a year exactly, which I think is pretty good especially since I originally didn't bulk at all until a few months ago.

Back then when I was just starting to work out for the first time ever, I would regularly hit 5 lbs PRs on my bench literally every week for the next three months (75 lbs to 140 lbs max on bench), until I suddenly began hitting a plateau and only hit 5 lbs PRs maybe every two or three weeks... and this was WAY before I thought about bulking up since I was still a noob... as of now, I RARELY hit PRs on my bench, maybe once every month if I'm consistent.

Anyways OP, what I'm tryna say is that for being 160+ lbs with a supposed good diet overall, all you need it the right kind of training... I would suggest you start with the 5x5 program, it's more based for strength like what you want... I'm sure within a year it can be done if you really want +40 kg on your bench (ASSUMING YOU HAVEN'T USED UP ALL YOUR BEGINNER GAINS).
    As of April 2019...

Height: 5"9 / 175 cm
    Weight: 129 lbs / 59 kg

Bench: 255 lbs / 116 kg
    Squat: 195 lbs / 89 kg
    Deadlift: 315 lbs / 143 kg
    Overhead Press: 125 lbs / 57 kg

Originally Posted by BlueSpades View Post
    Well according to my log, I reached my all time peak on the bench on October 25th, 2018 with a max bench of 245 lbs (@127 lbs BW)... exactly one year before that, I was at a max bench of 165 lbs (@118 lbs BW)... so if we subtract the difference, I've gained about +80 lbs on my bench within a year exactly, which I think is pretty good especially since I originally didn't bulk at all until a few months ago.

Back then when I was just starting to work out for the first time ever, I would regularly hit 5 lbs PRs on my bench literally every week for the next three months (75 lbs to 140 lbs max on bench), until I suddenly began hitting a plateau and only hit 5 lbs PRs maybe every two or three weeks... and this was WAY before I thought about bulking up since I was still a noob... as of now, I RARELY hit PRs on my bench, maybe once every month if I'm consistent.

Anyways OP, what I'm tryna say is that for being 160+ lbs with a supposed good diet overall, all you need it the right kind of training... I would suggest you start with the 5x5 program, it's more based for strength like what you want... I'm sure within a year it can be done if you really want +40 kg on your bench (ASSUMING YOU HAVEN'T USED UP ALL YOUR BEGINNER GAINS).
    bulking + hormone train + beginner gains ftw

ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Damn bro that's insane, wish you all the best, I'm basically the same as you lol 75kg, 6'0 age 15 and 250lb bench would be pretty cool, get that bag man.
    545 squat
    poverty bench
    607 deadlift
    what is OHP

Originally Posted by ADunn0MOTW View Post
    Damn bro that's insane, wish you all the best, I'm basically the same as you lol 75kg, 6'0 age 15 and 250lb bench would be pretty cool, get that bag man.
    cheers bb <3
    all the best to you too

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    also gonna max out my deadlift to 140 from 110
    You'll probably hit 180 by the time you bench 110 if you don't train like a mongol. Your goals aren't far fetched - as long as you're gaining weight.

And as a friendly reminder, testing 1RM's frequently is idiotic. Don't fall into that trap. High fatigue with low stimulus, which will just slow down your progress.
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

thanks heaps, gonna aim as high as I can
    Kiitos kaveri !
    is ******* not a preworkout?

bomp

edit: ~3 months later and my bench is at 87.5 kg, with my DL @ around 160.
    it's going well