atw0908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw0908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw0908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw0908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Female Body Builder with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Problem

I am preparing for a figure competition but struggling with my diet as my IBS continues to flare up. I was diagnosed with IBS more than 10 years ago.
    I have been follow a FODMAP diet.
    I cannot consume any dairy based protein or pea protein. I am too scared to try brown rice protein.
    I am always bloated, and have really bad gas. I feel sluggish. I do not feel toned and fit like I should with the amount of exercise I do.
    Should I cut egg whites, my 1 tbsp. of peanut butter? How can I consume the protein I need?
    I do consume a small bottle of diet tonic water at night which has artificial sweeteners but I have always had this drink and never suffered like this.
    I have cut down alcohol consumption to a minimum. I have 2 gin and tonics every month or nothing at all.
    I come home at 8.30pm at night after work, studying and training so I have my evening meal at 9.30pm and go to bed at 10.30pm.
    Is that too late to eat even though it is a clean meal?
    I wake up with stomach pains, feel really full, bad gas.
    I look like I'm pregnant.

My diet:

4 scrambled egg whites, 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup blueberries

30g almonds

1tbsp peanut butter, 2 rice cakes

100 grams Chicken mince cooked with zucchini, capsicum and carrot and spinach salad, 1/2 avocado, tomato, balsamic vinegar

Small tin tuna in olive oil, 1 tbsp. peanut butter

100 grams Chicken breast or 150 grams Salmon and spinach/rocket salad

katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IBS is really crummy. My mom has it along with diabetes.

How long have you been following fodmaps? Did you notice an improvement from it?

The eggs should be really safe. Same for the chicken, tuna and salmon. I would consider dropping the artificial sweetener in case maybe they changed the formulation.

My mom has experienced problems with almonds.

If fodmaps didn't make any difference then I don't know if I would stick with it. Some people react to nightshades...doubt you have that much tomato, just mentioning.

A nutritionist told my mom she is safe with meat, eggs, green beans, asparagus, and summer squash/zucchini. Not much to work with.

Random: Mom also found that rye bread was better for her than other kinds after eating seeded rye while visiting me because that is what I usually have.
    INTP Crew
    Inattentive ADD Crew
    Mom That Miscs Crew

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Feeling toned/fit goes back to having enough overall muscle and low enough bodyfat to support the look. How many years have you been lifting? What's your height/weight and how long have you given yourself for prep?

Eating clean, food sources, the time you eat, etc...doesn't make a difference and that's a personal choice. You need to be taking in a proper calorie amount based on your goal. If your calorie intake is off the results won't come.

Even with IBS there are plenty of whole food sources you can eat to meet your protein and hit your total calorie requirements.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-t...or-ibs-1945014
    Last edited by kimm4; 02-10-2019 at 01:11 PM.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Nutrition Coach/Trainer:
    http://www.iron-kim.com

PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by atw0908 View Post
    I am preparing for a figure competition but struggling with my diet as my IBS continues to flare up. I was diagnosed with IBS more than 10 years ago.
    I have been follow a FODMAP diet.
    I cannot consume any dairy based protein or pea protein. I am too scared to try brown rice protein.
    I am always bloated, and have really bad gas. I feel sluggish. I do not feel toned and fit like I should with the amount of exercise I do.
    Should I cut egg whites, my 1 tbsp. of peanut butter? How can I consume the protein I need?
    I do consume a small bottle of diet tonic water at night which has artificial sweeteners but I have always had this drink and never suffered like this.
    I have cut down alcohol consumption to a minimum. I have 2 gin and tonics every month or nothing at all.
    I come home at 8.30pm at night after work, studying and training so I have my evening meal at 9.30pm and go to bed at 10.30pm.
    Is that too late to eat even though it is a clean meal?
    I wake up with stomach pains, feel really full, bad gas.
    I look like I'm pregnant.

My diet:

4 scrambled egg whites, 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup blueberries

30g almonds

1tbsp peanut butter, 2 rice cakes

100 grams Chicken mince cooked with zucchini, capsicum and carrot and spinach salad, 1/2 avocado, tomato, balsamic vinegar

Small tin tuna in olive oil, 1 tbsp. peanut butter

100 grams Chicken breast or 150 grams Salmon and spinach/rocket salad
    I’ve been diagnosed with IBS, but I’ve had very few problems for years. I think mine resulted from an intense round on IV antibiotics when I was treated inpatient for acute ****tis. I was really sick for a while. I tried all sorts of diets and probiotics. Nothing worked until I took Garden of Life probiotics with micro soil organism. They were developed for people with Chrohns Disease. I don’t think I’ll ever be how I was before the ****tis, I, much better. although I’m now able to eat more things such as dairy which I had completely given up, I cannot eat avocado. I get sick every single time I’ve tried, which really has few times been a few times in the last decade since I am now afraid of avocado. I had some last year when I didn’t realized a shop put it on my sandwich. I might be allergic. I don’t know. Maybe you aren’t sensitive to avocado like I am. But I noticed in the link Kimm4 shared, it says to limit to 1/8 avacodo total. You say you are eating a half of an avocado per day? That might be too much for you to digest. Maybe try an elimination diet to see what helps. When I was really having problems, tomatoes bothered me, too even though I can eat some now. Too many tomatoes would still sometimes cause me to feel sick. I eat clean not for weight as much as to feel feel well.

Editing to add that I did not use any foul language in this post and cannot imagine why my post is being censored as if I am. I listed an illness and used the proper name for it. So weird that this is censored,
    Last edited by PattyU; 02-10-2019 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Comment