coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Temporary alternatives for low back pain

I messed up my lower back on squats a few days ago... not severely, but I was in a lot of pain the first day but it’s gradually been getting better. Still tweaks a bit tho. I’ve got to go in to do upper body today and there are just a couple lifts that I’m concerned about exacerbating the issue. Any idea how to safely supplement Pendlays, pulldowns (both regular wide-grip seated and standing straight arm), one-arm dumbbell BORs, and seated face pulls? For Pendlays I even thought about just using a sumo stance.

EDIT: how about squats and deads? I feel like skipping them would be smart... to my dismay... would trap bar deads still be too much? Any alternatives otherwise?
    Last edited by coeur; 02-10-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Greedo shot first!!! LactoseTolerant's Avatar
    LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do seal rows instead of the Pendlay.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10) coeur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LactoseTolerant View Post
    Do seal rows instead of the Pendlay.
    Never knew about those, but they’re so obvious. Thanks, my man

Bump with edit in OP

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Back injuries are nothing to fool around with.
    Im not a medical professional but if it were me i wouldn't do any movement that would irritate your issue.
    If you must squat try a belt type squat that goes around the hips.
    Upper back work could be just pull ups or pull downs with out excessive lean back.
    I wouldn't do any overhead or incline type work that even slightly compresses the spine.
    The best would probably be just do some cardio like walking or biking for a week and see how you feel after that.