xHighGroundx is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Severely Underweight looking for tips

***I am not 49 I am 26 it won't let me change it***

So a few weeks back I learned I was 4 st underweight! Weighing in at 8.5 st (119lb ) im 5'11 (which is averaged at 160lb or 12 st! Also note these numbers are of the top of my head so they may be off by like .2 st (5lb)

I have a fast metabolism and didn't eat very well for a long time, basically living on toast and pizza!

I've recently started trying to build some muscle whilst also adding a bit of weight. I have a set of dumbbells at home and access to my works gym (and unlimited food as I work in the kitchen) I'm essentially looking for suggestions on how I can get started trying to build myself up! I aim to get a little bigger but mostly focus on shaping because right now I'm flappy in all the wrong places..
    I've noticed since I've been doing just basic dumbbell lifting 3 days a week the last month that my biceps are already much less squishy and are almost noticeable so it would seem I'm doing something right I'm just not sure what!

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by xHighGroundx; 02-09-2019 at 08:30 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Count calories to make sure you consistently get enough each and every day - not just in short bursts.

Adjust until you are gaining 2-3lbs a month.

Work hard in the gym doing a routine like Fierce 5.

Can I ask what fierce 5 is? I have practically zero knowledge of what most equipment does and what parts they work!

Also with my metabolism being as fast as it is can I be less careful with what I eat (say I fancied McDonalds or wasn't exactly eating the rice/chicken diet ect and just had regular meals like nuggets and chips or Mac & cheese ect for example)

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Fierce 5 is found in the sticky threads at the top of the forum.

Anyone can eat what they like provided that they stay within a calorie budget and get enough protein, vitamins and minerals etc.

Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Are you a smoker?

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great way to add cals is to switch all water/coffee for wholefat milk. Me and 4 friends used to drink minimal half gallon a day, also got up in the night and drank milk and we all put on 35lb in 8 months. We were 19 at the time.

Yes I am a smoker!

Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Be4Real has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by xHighGroundx View Post
    Yes I am a smoker!
    That is why you can't put on weight and you won't until you stop smoking.
    I guarantee if you stop smoking you will make huge gains even in the first 3 weeks of stopping.
    It's hard to stop but it's better you making that choice than being in hospital and the smokes making that choice for you by taking away your last breath as you struggle to breathe.
    Good luck.

dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Be4Real View Post
    I guarantee if you stop smoking you will make huge gains even in the first 3 weeks of stopping.
    It's hard to stop but it's better you making that choice than being in hospital and the smokes making that choice for you by taking away your last breath as you struggle to breathe.
    Good luck.
    this is false! somewhat anyway! while i agree that he shouldnt smoke and it is terrible for your health, i was smoking a pack a day when i first ran SS!! i got stronger every day for a good 6-7 months! i got my squat up to 405, my deads up to 495, bench up to 275 and OHP up to 225! HOWEVER, like he says, smoking has ZERO qualities and a TON of NEGATIVES!!! i probably should have not commented on this cuz smoking is AWFUL for your health and awful for anything you do! im just commented on it because its false that you wont be able to lift more if you smoke! BUT AGAIN like he said, you are SOOOO much better off not smoking!

Originally Posted by dski79 View Post
    this is false! somewhat anyway! while i agree that he shouldnt smoke and it is terrible for your health, i was smoking a pack a day when i first ran SS!! i got stronger every day for a good 6-7 months! i got my squat up to 405, my deads up to 495, bench up to 275 and OHP up to 225! HOWEVER, like he says, smoking has ZERO qualities and a TON of NEGATIVES!!! i probably should have not commented on this cuz smoking is AWFUL for your health and awful for anything you do! im just commented on it because its false that you wont be able to lift more if you smoke! BUT AGAIN like he said, you are SOOOO much better off not smoking!
    I believe that the OP was talking about trying to put on body weight.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck.
    Seriously? You've not seen many overweight smokers?

Originally Posted by BS57 View Post
    I was going to explain myself but you are not worth it but I will say this Albert not all smokers go to the gym and not everyone is the same body type and I'm sure if I said black you would say white. Don't forget to exercise your brain from time to time.

Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BS57 View Post
    Some people smoke and/or drink coffee instead of eating. I would reckon that the smokers are maybe less likely to be very over weight. Not to say that there aren't a tonne of overweight smokers though.
    Recent best lifts
    Bench - 225x13, 235x9, 250x5, 280x1
    Squat - 295x10, 340x5, 375x1
    Deadlift - 430x12, 450x9, 485x5, 515x1
    OHP - 150x11, 170x6, 185x2, 190x1
    3 mile run: 21:59 @ 170 bw.
    BW - 195 Getting fat mode
    531 Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177172201&page=6

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was going to explain myself but you are not worth it but I will say this Albert not all smokers go to the gym and not everyone is the same body type and I'm sure if I said black you would say white. Don't forget to exercise your brain from time to time.
    Well Gertrude, many of the people I notice, who don't care enough not to smoke, also don't care what they eat, or what amount.

lol, say you're not gonna 'splain yourself.....then do.