Thread: Help!!

KImmortal10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help!!

I’m starting to get frustrated. Been doing Keto for 3 weeks, much less than the 20g a day, IF only eating once a day, weight training (heavy lifting) and 10-20 minutes of HIIT cardio at the end of each session....yet I haven’t lost weight since the first week!! And that was probably water weight. I log all of my meals and have a significant caloric deficit everyday because I don’t have much of an appetite. I test my urine stops multiple times a day and I’m always dark purple. I also take exogenous ketones every morning. What the heck is going on?? I’ve been reading constantly and doing everything I’m supposed to, yet this weight just isn’t going anywhere.

JamesLoniSena is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're young and female, so it is possible that you are retaining water for hormonal reasons. Lyle Mcdonald has written about this a bit.
    When you say that you are in a significant caloric deficit, what do you mean? Please quantify it.

I have had success breaking a stall in a diet by raising calories to a small deficit (or even isocaloric) for a few days. I don't think its enough time to raise leptin and reset a diet-induced slow metabolism, but it seems to help.

longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Often, the 1st advice you’ll get on this forum is to cut calories even further, or some will suggest that you’re miscalculating calories. If you’re sure that you’re in a sizable deficit, and your Marcos are in line, I would stay the course.

If the stall doesn’t break soon you may need to have a look at your bloodwork. I know that the other poster recommended upping the calories. I find it very hard to lose weight, and I’ve never busted a stall by eating more. I’m sure it has helped some, but it has only caused me to mess up the groove that I get in and the cravings just start all over again.

poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Just hormones

DanPerry13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My actual weight rarely moves on keto - it comes in waves. But my BMI continues a constant downward trend. I have a scale that monitors my lean mass and bmi...

here's both my weight trend and my lean mass v.s. fat mass trend since starting ketosis..

You're most likely adding muscle while reducing fat, it won't be noticeable short/medium term without an empirical method of measuring it.

According to my scale I've gained 5.3 lbs of lean mass since Jan 3rd. Or about 2.5 lbs of lean muscle per month.

In the two charts you can actually see the period of time where my water weight visibly dropped out of my body - in tern reducing my lean muscle fiber - once my body was able to again retain water adequately you'll see a huge drop in both fat and a gain in muscle mass.

Just stick with it!
    Attached Images