OnePoundFish00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arrow Lower back pain from excercises such as Deadlift, squat, bent over row...

When I do exercises that put stress on the lower back such as deadlifts, squats, bentover rows, it feels a bit uncomftorble but not really painful.
    But after the gym session, and the next day, my lower back will feel sore (in a bad way) and when I hyperextend it it's more painful.

I thought strengthening my lower back might fix the issue so I went and did hyperextensions at the gym today, and now a few hours later, I have the same pain. Sore back when sitting and pain when hyperextending...

Anyone have recommendations on what to do? I'm kind of lost now...
    I am 18 btw not 49, I shouldn't have back pain like this...

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by OnePoundFish00 View Post
    When I do exercises that put stress on the lower back such as deadlifts, squats, bentover rows, it feels a bit uncomftorble but not really painful.
    But after the gym session, and the next day, my lower back will feel sore (in a bad way) and when I hyperextend it it's more painful.

I thought strengthening my lower back might fix the issue so I went and did hyperextensions at the gym today, and now a few hours later, I have the same pain. Sore back when sitting and pain when hyperextending...

Anyone have recommendations on what to do? I'm kind of lost now...
    I am 18 btw not 49, I shouldn't have back pain like this...
    How long this has been lasting?

aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    are you doing the hip hinge? focus on the form doing the exercise correctly instead.

KonaJon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The pain is because something is wrong in your form, if hyper extension hurts, more hyper extension logically is not the best solution to your problem....

Have you analyzed your form in these exercises?

drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try these simple exercises for your erector spinae muscles. Sounds like you just need to strengthen the area. Good luck!

https://youtu.be/JdJ2oH1Ef_I
    2007 Lightweight Masters National Champ