Page 273 of 512 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 373 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,190 of 15353
    propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by saaltydog View Post
    This man gets it. It's not fair to teams who traded away a lot for 2020. If we keep the teams but hold a draft they don't get the benefit of all their extra picks in 2020 since keepers are limited.

I still believe keeping the teams and rolling them into 2021 or resetting everything to the way it was before the draft are the two best options. I'm open to changing my mind if someone makes a compelling case. I'm just not seeing it.
    to me, that's like iceman getting quadruple the advantage though. i mean.. he saw his draft play out. he drafted based on the assumption the season was playing like he would have had there been a season.

i agree that he should get some benefit, and since his extra picks exceeded his keepers there's some value lost there, but there's also value gained within the draft.

he's got what? double the advantage in the draft? so he messes up a bit, gets to see how people drafted, then gets to re-claim the advantage. meanwhile someone could have been at a disadvantage, made it up, and now has to re-forego their disadvantage?

to me its like: icemanX4
    disadvantaged: X-4

how many people had more picks than exceed keepers?

saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by propreffered7 View Post
    to me, that's like iceman getting quadruple the advantage though. i mean.. he saw his draft play out. he drafted based on the assumption the season was playing like he would have had there been a season.

i agree that he should get some benefit, and since his extra picks exceeded his keepers there's some value lost there, but there's also value gained within the draft.

he's got what? double the advantage in the draft? so he messes up a bit, gets to see how people drafted, then gets to re-claim the advantage. meanwhile someone could have been at a disadvantage, made it up, and now has to re-forego their disadvantage?

to me its like: icemanX4
    disadvantaged: X-4

how many people had more picks than exceed keepers?
    Whatever advantage he would receive would be miniscule compared to the advantage you receive by resetting the draft next year.

Registered User SoutheastBeast1's Avatar
    SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well I still hope they play games this year so f*ck all the opinions lol
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seems to me JY wants to erase 2020 in the worst way. I wonder why?

He received the benefit of trading for players to try and win in 2019. Now he doesn't want to pay the cost.
    The thing is I did pay the cost. I drafted my team this year without having early picks and my available pool to select keepers next year is based on that. When I traded krazy for 2021 picks that was on the notion that we'd have a draft next year. If I recall someone (you?) even made a comment along the lines of "JY's already packing it in" - suggesting that it was clear I was playing for next year. That was the time for someone to mention that we'd be cancelling the 2021 draft, not now after the probability of a cancelled season is higher.

We decided to have a draft despite strong opposition, and now the people who were for the draft are trying to weasel out of it after it was the wrong call. This was the risk we took on when we drafted.
    Leafs, Raptors, Jays, umad?

Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All that said, I agree with bacon in that this chit is all for fun and isn't worth bishing about. It seems Iceman and I are on opposite sides of the spectrum, so whatever I argue I respect that he'd argue the opposite. I'm down with whatever as long as the league is okay with it. My preference would be for a draft to take place next year if only so all teams can draft while fully informed, and not on the notion that we may or may not be having a season.

I want to play a game... JIGSAW's Avatar
    JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    oh hey
    I walk amongst you.......but I am not one of you.

saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jyeatbvg View Post
    The thing is I did pay the cost. I drafted my team this year without having early picks and my available pool to select keepers next year is based on that. When I traded krazy for 2021 picks that was on the notion that we'd have a draft next year. If I recall someone (you?) even made a comment along the lines of "JY's already packing it in" - suggesting that it was clear I was playing for next year. That was the time for someone to mention that we'd be cancelling the 2021 draft, not now after the probability of a cancelled season is higher.

We decided to have a draft despite strong opposition, and now the people who were for the draft are trying to weasel out of it after it was the wrong call. This was the risk we took on when we drafted.
    Wtf you talking about? You didn't pay the cost. If we hold a normal draft next year you're keeping all top keepers again.

Brb keeping

Snell
    Cole
    Bryant
    Altuve
    Xander

Yeah you paid the cost. This is how I know you're looking at it through a biased point of view.

propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i pretty hardcore agree with jy. going ahead with the draft was a pretty significant decision that some of us warned about.

at the same time, i want to make it most equitable

and again, i am ok with keeping rosters as is and moving them into the next year without a re-draft, so basically just advancing to the next year. i'm just throwing out points in arguments

i pretty hardcore agree with jy. going ahead with the draft was a pretty significant decision that some of us warned about.

at the same time, i want to make it most equitable

and again, i am ok with keeping rosters as is and moving them into the next year without a re-draft, so basically just advancing to the next year. i'm just throwing out points in arguments
    So if you guys were so against having the draft let's just reset the league to before the draft for 2021

So if you guys were so against having the draft let's just reset the league to before the draft for 2021
    but why should i have to re-draft at a disadvantage twice?

i just went through a draft where i was at a disadvantage. and it went pretty well. i dont feel like having to forego all my picks

i like mike soroka and want to keep him. i made that selection for a reason, as im sure spaz wants keep mondesi (one of the picks i remember)... so, again, i find it super gay that we went ahead knowing the risks and those with the advantage get to reclaim it again

if they messed up they get a re-do. meanwhile i have to let go of my picks and then draft at a disadvantage again

on top of it all, they chose players at higher positions so should have a better keeper core to choose from; that was their advantage. if they didn't choose well, then they had a poor draft

we saw the advantages flesh out as they would have with no season. someone could have had a poor draft and all their players turn into dj lemahieu mvp's last year so, again, i find it impossible to say that x person would have won the championship based on the draft

but why should i have to re-draft at a disadvantage twice?

i just went through a draft where i was at a disadvantage. and it went pretty well. i dont feel like having to forego all my picks

i like mike soroka and want to keep him. i made that selection for a reason, as im sure spaz wants keep mondesi (one of the picks i remember)... so, again, i find it super gay that we went ahead knowing the risks and those with the advantage get to reclaim it again

if they messed up they get a re-do. meanwhile i have to let go of my picks and then draft at a disadvantage again

on top of it all, they chose players at higher positions so should have a better keeper core to choose from; that was their advantage. if they didn't choose well, then they had a poor draft

we saw the advantages flesh out as they would have with no season. someone could have had a poor draft and all their players turn into dj lemahieu mvp's last year so, again, i find it impossible to say that x person would have won the championship based on the draft
    But how do we know if someone messed up? There's isn't a season to judge the draft on. Not to mention Yahoo rankings will be totally different next year. Which will change the entire draft. I'm not buying your argument.
    Last edited by saaltydog; 05-29-2020 at 02:44 PM.

But how to we know if someone messed up? There's isn't a season to judge the draft on. Not to mention Yahoo rankings will be totally different next year. Which will change the entire draft. I'm not buying your argument.
    ehh we'd have to get into little nuances that i don't feel like getting into. for instance, wasn't jd martinez in the draft? i dont think we need a season to know one of the first selectors probably gained a new keeper.

all i know is im not releasing all my players i just selected back into the pool and re-drafting at a disadvantage again. i'll be out

its fine if you guys make that decision, but i'm serious. i think i'll be done

edit: also, keep in mind, as far as "Whether we thought there was a season or not" jy and i already made a trade for this year. so i did even make a trade based on this year, and denied many others

ehh we'd have to get into little nuances that i don't feel like getting into. for instance, wasn't jd martinez in the draft? i dont think we need a season to know one of the first selectors probably gained a new keeper.

all i know is im not releasing all my players i just selected back into the pool and re-drafting at a disadvantage again. i'll be out

its fine if you guys make that decision, but i'm serious. i think i'll be done

edit: also, keep in mind, as far as "Whether we thought there was a season or not" jy and i already made a trade for this year. so i did even make a trade based on this year, and denied many others
    STFU you ain't leaving this league. You can't get enough of me ****ing you raw.

Anyways we agree on keeping rosters and not drafting in 2021. Not sure why we are arguing an alternative.

TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol this bitch threatening to not come back over a hypothetical situation?? this is like some crazy bitch girlfriend ****
    you come at the king, you best not miss

Originally Posted by TheBateman View Post
    lol this bitch threatening to not come back over a hypothetical situation?? this is like some crazy bitch girlfriend ****
    ok. not a threat, being legit. remove my vote if you want to, y'all can decide. i just went through a draft where i had 1 pick in the first 25 picks

then 1 pick in 50, then 1 pick in 25 again.

so 3 picks in 105 picks. and yes i realize i did that, that's not what pointing this out is about. it's what actually happened, and i just finished that draft

and i did well. i'm not redoing that and taking all that on while others get their 45+ picks back to redraft in case they messed up

ok. not a threat, being legit. remove my vote if you want to, y'all can decide. i just went through a draft where i had 1 pick in the first 25 picks

then 1 pick in 50, then 1 pick in 25 again.

so 3 picks in 115 picks. and yes i realize i did that, that's not what pointing this out is about. it's what actually happened, and i just finished that draft

and i did well. i'm not redoing that and taking all that on while others get their 45+ picks back to redraft in case they messed up
    lol yeah that draft was such a big undertaking for you. No reasonable person would ever ask you to have to go through that again.

SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anybody actually even think they “messed up their draft”?

We all took the person we thought was best fit for each pick relative to what was left.

Does that actually even change in a redraft?

Krazy acting like he drafted some hidden gems no one knew about and now his cover is blown.

Trust me if I’ve learned anything from this league there aren’t any hidden gems. People might value players differently, but no ones caught sleeping in this league unaware that certain guys exist or anything.
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

Holy sh*t I just looked at Krazy’s draft and it’s not even any good.

And I don’t mean it’s bad cause you had limited picks, I mean the picks you did have were f*cking awful

A redraft would do you a favor.

Pick #110 Mike Soroka?

I love Soroka on the Braves. He’s gonna be star for a long time. But for fantasy he doesn’t strike people out.

Soroka = Tim Hudson

You’d kill for these guys on your real life team but they’ll always be meh on your fantasy team.

Pick he should have made? Zack Wheeler or maybe Zac Gallen. But I lean Wheeler if he wanted a starter here.

Pick #159 Hansel Robles?

Lmao

Will Smith and Archie Bradley were still on the board and you took Hansel Robles.

Pick #187 Ryan McMahon

Will Ryan McMahon even play? Pretty sure Brendan Rodgers is taking that mans spot.

Already had Alonso and Lemahieu as well. Would have been better off taking an RP here instead of a bench bat

Pick #206 Jorge Polanco

It’s too bad 2019 stats don’t count for 2020 stats.

I actually can’t hate on this pick too much. There wasn’t much left if you wanted a SS at this stage and it was pretty much a gamble between either Polanco or Tim Anderson.

Anderson was the safer option since his speed will always play. But Polanco is on the better team.

Problem is you didn’t NEED a SS. You ****ing had Lindor retard.

Steven Matz and Scott Kingery were available here too.

Pick #215 Max Kepler?

Lmao I was like lmao

Especially when Hunter Dozier was selected RIGHT after this pick.

Pick #234 Omar Narvaez

This normally wouldn’t be a bad pick but because you had so few picks to start with you should have just punted catcher.

If your team was mostly built at this stage Narvaez would be a good pick. But your team wasn’t.

Should have taken Akiyama, Verdugo, Alex Wood, or Puig here.

Pick #243 Sandy Alcantara

Likewise should have taken one of the 4 I listed above here.

After that it’s a sh*t show not even worth going into.

If for no other reason none of you should vote for a redraft just so we get to watch Krazy deal with this train wreck of a squad he seems to think turned out well for him.

Don’t do him any favors guys. Vote no to a redraft
    -SoutheastBeast1

This George floyd madness is happening at the worst possible time. Fuking America man 🤦‍♂️

This George floyd madness is happening at the worst possible time. Fuking America man ������‍♂️
    Curious, in what way?

More people are still staying home. If anything they've happened at the best possible time. People who otherwise may have joined in, or been injured as innocent bystanders, are more likely than ever to choose to remain at home away from the riots.

For the businesses getting destroyed? Might be doing them a favor in some respects. The insurance they'll get from the property damage is more likely to keep them afloat when they have an opportunity to rebuild and eliminates a large rental expense draining their funds. They've essentially gone from bleeding money with losses to being put on pause with no loss or gain. Not ideal, but better than operating at a loss. It buys them some time until things truly go back to normal.

The events also shift attention away from all the fear mongering about COVID for a moment. Which is almost certainly a positive.

If it had to happen, I actually think the timing was pretty good tbh.
    -SoutheastBeast1

Originally Posted by SoutheastBeast1 View Post
    Holy sh*t I just looked at Krazy’s draft and it’s not even any good.

And I don’t mean it’s bad cause you had limited picks, I mean the picks you did have were f*cking awful

A redraft would do you a favor.

Pick #110 Mike Soroka?

I love Soroka on the Braves. He’s gonna be star for a long time. But for fantasy he doesn’t strike people out.

Soroka = Tim Hudson

You’d kill for these guys on your real life team but they’ll always be meh on your fantasy team.

Pick he should have made? Zack Wheeler or maybe Zac Gallen. But I lean Wheeler if he wanted a starter here.

Pick #159 Hansel Robles?

Lmao

Will Smith and Archie Bradley were still on the board and you took Hansel Robles.

Pick #187 Ryan McMahon

Will Ryan McMahon even play? Pretty sure Brendan Rodgers is taking that mans spot.

Already had Alonso and Lemahieu as well. Would have been better off taking an RP here instead of a bench bat

Pick #206 Jorge Polanco

It’s too bad 2019 stats don’t count for 2020 stats.

I actually can’t hate on this pick too much. There wasn’t much left if you wanted a SS at this stage and it was pretty much a gamble between either Polanco or Tim Anderson.

Anderson was the safer option since his speed will always play. But Polanco is on the better team.

Problem is you didn’t NEED a SS. You ****ing had Lindor retard.

Steven Matz and Scott Kingery were available here too.

Pick #215 Max Kepler?

Lmao I was like lmao

Especially when Hunter Dozier was selected RIGHT after this pick.

Pick #234 Omar Narvaez

This normally wouldn’t be a bad pick but because you had so few picks to start with you should have just punted catcher.

If your team was mostly built at this stage Narvaez would be a good pick. But your team wasn’t.

Should have taken Akiyama, Verdugo, Alex Wood, or Puig here.

Pick #243 Sandy Alcantara

Likewise should have taken one of the 4 I listed above here.

After that it’s a sh*t show not even worth going into.

If for no other reason none of you should vote for a redraft just so we get to watch Krazy deal with this train wreck of a squad he seems to think turned out well for him.

Don’t do him any favors guys. Vote no to a redraft
    Cold hard truth

This George floyd madness is happening at the worst possible time. Fuking America man ‍♂️
    Feels like an election year.

One word Soros.

TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This George floyd madness is happening at the worst possible time. Fuking America man ‍♂️
    relax. they just need some exercise
    you come at the king, you best not miss

Well it's basically June tomorrow and the MLBPA hasn't even sent their counter proposal (which is fully expected to be without any sort of compromise and rejected as quickly as MLB's first proposal sent last Tuesday)

It was reported they fully intended to send the proposal by week's end and last week is now over. Maybe it was sent but there was no update offered to the public. Hopefully so. If not, this is starting to look grim.
    -SoutheastBeast1

SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Well it's basically June tomorrow and the MLBPA hasn't even sent their counter proposal (which is fully expected to be without any sort of compromise and rejected as quickly as MLB's first proposal sent last Tuesday)

It was reported they fully intended to send the proposal by week's end and last week is now over. Maybe it was sent but there was no update offered to the public. Hopefully so. If not, this is starting to look grim.
    Players want a 114 game season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/is-baseball...171733107.html
    Titletown, Lake Show, Evil Empire

"The early response to this proposal is apparently not positive from Major League Baseball’s point of view, as MLB Network’s Jon Heyman hears from an ownership source that the MLBPA’s offer is a “non-starter.”

As expected, so nothing to read into here.

What does suck is they all seem to agree on expanded playoffs. Really not interested in seeing the MLB turn into the NBA. Plus it's really unfair to the teams who routinely won during a 162 game stretch. Anything can happen in short series like 5 games or even 7 games in baseball. Even the Astros and Yankees can lose 3 of 4 games to the Royals every once in awhile.

Opening it up just lets in worse teams who could catch a hot streak and suddenly be MLB champions even though they finished the season with like 83 wins or something.

One of the best parts about baseball is that it's meant to be a bit of a marathon. They're stripping that away with expanded playoffs imo. Might as well shorten the regular season while we're at it.
    -SoutheastBeast1

Question

Why do the players believe they're entitled to their full salary just pro-rated for games played?

Question

Why do the players believe they're entitled to their full salary just pro-rated for games played?
    Because Bro!

Bro, I’m risking my life . . . What do you mean it should not be a thing? It should 100% be a thing. If I’m gonna play, I should be getting the money I signed to be getting paid. I should not be getting half of what I’m getting paid because the season’s cut in half, on top of a 33% cut of the half that’s already there — so I’m really getting, like, 25%.

Y’all gotta understand, man, for me to go, for me to take a pay cut is not happening, because the risk is through the roof, it’s a shorter season, less pay . . . I gotta get my money. I’m not playing unless I get mine, okay? And that’s just the way it is for me. Like, I’m sorry you guys think differently, but the risk is way the hell higher and the amount of money I’m making is way lower, why would I think about doing that? Like you know, I’m just, I’m sorry.

Plus they're getting taxed too!!!
    -SoutheastBeast1

"The early response to this proposal is apparently not positive from Major League Baseball’s point of view, as MLB Network’s Jon Heyman hears from an ownership source that the MLBPA’s offer is a “non-starter.”

As expected, so nothing to read into here.

What does suck is they all seem to agree on expanded playoffs. Really not interested in seeing the MLB turn into the NBA. Plus it's really unfair to the teams who routinely won during a 162 game stretch. Anything can happen in short series like 5 games or even 7 games in baseball. Even the Astros and Yankees can lose 3 of 4 games to the Royals every once in awhile.

Opening it up just lets in worse teams who could catch a hot streak and suddenly be MLB champions even though they finished the season with like 83 wins or something.

One of the best parts about baseball is that it's meant to be a bit of a marathon. They're stripping that away with expanded playoffs imo. Might as well shorten the regular season while we're at it.[/B]
    Baseball would be exponentially better if both of these things were implemented.

Baseball would be exponentially better if both of these things were implemented.
    Shocker Jays fans want to make it easier to get in to the playoffs.

Should we give everyone a participation trophy at years end too?
    -SoutheastBeast1

Page 273 of 512 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 373 ... LastLast