Page 510 of 512 FirstFirst ... 10 410 460 500 508 509 510 511 512 LastLast
Results 15,271 to 15,300 of 15353
    Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SoutheastBeast1 View Post
    LOL

The Braves already trying to sell the idea we got better and made "improvements" by having a more experienced group going forward. But according to zere0wn Braves fans shouldn't be mad at all with how this organization treats its fans like we're idiots.
    evil front office giving us the best team in baseball! I hate them!!!!!

Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zere0wn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So let me get this straight, we gave up a better catcher and Kyle Muller to get an older, worse catcher in return.

You think the Braves would have learned their lesson after the Olson trade but apparently we're going back for another overrated Oakland player for good measure.

The whole premise seems to be around defense but I don't get that one. There's a lot of good defensive catchers who are mediocre hitters. People seem to act like Murphy brings both defense and hitting... in what world is Murphy doing anything to brag about on offense? He's a .235 hitter who maybe knocks out 15 HRs a year with 400 at bats.

Honestly if the Braves wanted defense so bad why didn't they just stick with Pina? Is Pina really that much worse than Murphy? Seriously give Pina the same amount of at bat as Murphy and I bet their lines look pretty similar with comparable defense.

I might be overselling it a little with Pina but the point is strong defensive catchers aren't that hard to find. Good offensive catchers are hard to find. Contreras is going to continue making all-star teams while Murphy turns out mediocre. Nice move Braves.

D'Arnaud is a better catcher than both of them anyway so it makes even less sense from that perspective because at least Contreras was controlled long enough to replace D'Arnaud in 2025. Sean Murphy will be 30 in 2025 and a free agent in 2026.
    fun fact: so far in 2023 braves lead the league in wins above replacement at the catcher position with 2.5.

next closest is tampa bay with 1.1

but soutbeast knows the front office is a bunch of idiots.

Originally Posted by Zere0wn View Post
    Baseball divisions are so ****ed. Happy to see what the more balanced schedule does.

But NL East is stacked with 3 teams that would run away with the NL Central. Cards in NL central coast to playoffs every year. Padres and Dodgers give the giants no chance even though they'd have a good chance to win the NL Central too.

AL East has 4 maybe 5 teams that would win the AL Central.

Uhh.. the AL East is trash bro.... or did you just miss the Rays and Jays getting sh*t on in the playoffs this year. Literally the only team worth a damn is the Yankees and they chose to play .500 baseball from mid-June to the end of the year and no one even got close to tracking them down.

The AL in general is trash though. There's seriously only two teams worth watching in that entire league.

hahahahahahaaha

Imagine batting Murphy 5th and D’Arnaud 8th in the opening day lineup as if they actually think Murphy is an offensive threat and not a 9 hole hitter.

Glad that D’Arnaud made quick work of exploiting that dumbass decision, even though it won’t stop it from repeating in future lineups. Though it did at least flip it in todays lineup.

Also lmao at Braves have the best offense. We have 3 below average hitters in this lineup (Arcia, Murphy, and Rosario/Ozuna combo) and dare I say two of them are likely automatic outs more often than not.
    braves are currently 3rd in baseball in runs scored, due to all the automatic outs they have in the lineup.

they lead baseball in OPS by 30 points. .831 to Texas .801
    Last edited by Zere0wn; 07-10-2023 at 12:53 PM.

Imagine batting Murphy 5th and D’Arnaud 8th in the opening day lineup as if they actually think Murphy is an offensive threat and not a 9 hole hitter.

Glad that D’Arnaud made quick work of exploiting that dumbass decision, even though it won’t stop it from repeating in future lineups. Though it did at least flip it in todays lineup.

Also lmao at Braves have the best offense. We have 3 below average hitters in this lineup (Arcia, Murphy, and Rosario/Ozuna combo) and dare I say two of them are likely automatic outs more often than not.
    3 below average hitters (2 of whom are automatic outs), and their WAR:

Arcia (injured for a significant time): 1.4 oWAR
    Murphy: 3.2 oWAR
    Ozuna: .9 oWAR

source: bbref

I want to play a game... JIGSAW's Avatar
    JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    the players the front office picked are miraculously overcoming the odds despite the front office being incompetent

#southbeastlogic
    hope they are magic cause they signed everybody for the next 5-8 years
    I walk amongst you.......but I am not one of you.

Registered User SoutheastBeast1's Avatar
    SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    this is pure comedy to read now. this guy doesn't know a thing about baseball.
    I don't know read it again.

Michael Harris and Strider are in fact both slumping relative to their rookie years to some extent.

They once again have struck gold with Orlando Arcia having a career year in the season they let their SS walk away. Look I'm as happy as anyone to take the good fortune but do you think Arcia is going to be an All-Star next year too? I don't. If you can't sit here and confidently say you think Arcia will continue putting up All-Star performances in subsequent seasons then by definition they've been lucky to get what they've gotten.

Then Ozuna and Rosario have decided to play average baseball, which for them is also good fortune. Ozuna has been horrendous and they're just getting lucky he's decided to be serviceable this year.

But that really points to my whole argument. The Braves did not need a superstar to plug in these gaps. All they needed was average play. Rosario and Ozuna are doing that and they're far away the best team in baseball. The problem is Rosario and Ozuna aren't very likely to play average baseball. Yes they're doing it now, but the smarter play would be to bring someone in who can actually reliably play average baseball for them.

Right now they are beating the odds. Arcia is not an All-star... but he is one right now. Ozuna and Rosario aren't average players, but they're playing like one right now.

The Braves are getting guys to do exactly what I said they needed from these positions, who you wouldn't expect to do these things. That's all that's happening. And I'll put $100 down right now that says Arcia won't be an AS next year and Rosario and Ozuna will be trash next year. Cause deep down, they're not these players typically.

The only person I was wrong about was Murphy. I've never had a problem acknowledging where I was wrong when it genuinely happens. I'm not wrong about Arcia, Rosario, and Ozuna though. None of these guys will hold up. We're just fortunate they decided to have above average, or in some cases career, years. None of these guys are good players at the end of the day.
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    3 below average hitters (2 of whom are automatic outs), and their WAR:

Arcia (injured for a significant time): 1.4 oWAR
    Murphy: 3.2 oWAR
    Ozuna: .9 oWAR

source: bbref
    You see this is where the delusion is. You actually think Ozuna and Arcia are good players and the Braves aren't just lucky with what they've been doing this year?

Man... at least I'm honest when we get lucky. It's as if you're in here trying to pass these decisions off as good decisions. You just look like an idiot trying to play them up to give the front office credit.

Also I can see how giddy you are going back and quoting all my posts. You do realize I'm the real winner here though, right? It's my team that's crushing everyone thanks to career years from guys who will never come close to repeating this again. It's no different than Soler and Pederson's crazy postseason run in 2020.

Thanks for the career year! There's not a GM in the world who will tell you they know when a player will have a career year like that. It's called luck, just accept it. I'm more than happy to.

Every criticism I have against my team boils down to simply wanting them to excel. Y'all act like you're the big winners here because guys I said suck are turning around and playing well for the team I root for. I don't want them to suck. I want them to prove me wrong. LMAO at how low IQ y'all are.
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

P.S. you want to point to Ozuna now as some type of mark in the win column for yourself against me

But what about 2021? Am I allowed to put one in the win column for myself when he was trash?

I don't go around bragging when they do nothing and Ozuna sucks like it's some win over you all though. I didn't want to be right in 2021 when Ozuna was the worst corner outfielder in baseball. That sh*t sucks. I'm right on these things way more than I'm wrong just like the 2021 example of Ozuna. I just don't go around quoting my old posts super excited that I was right that the player I said would suck ended up sucking.
    -SoutheastBeast1

hahahahahahaaha
    The irony that you quote these posts to laugh at where I was wrong but seem oblivious to the numerous incorrect statements in your very own post.

Here... let me pretend I'm you

The Cards coast in the NL Central..... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    The Padres give the Giants no chance...... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
    The NL East is stacked with 3 teams.... I'm 100% certain you were not including the Marlins in this comment... so.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I also want to point out that the NL is up 24 games over the AL. Even when I'm wrong I'm still partially right. The AL is trash.

And the AL East?
    Baltimore = 10-10
    Rays = 18-15 (including just getting torched by Philly and ATL)
    Boston = 11-18

NYY is doing fine at 14-9, but I gave NYY credit in my post. So that really just leaves me being wrong on the Jays who have done well against the NL with a 16-7 record.

Good for them. I'm only 4 for 5 instead of 5 for 5 on my assessment of the AL East. Better quote my post though because I was only 80% correct LMAO while simultaneously quoting a post of your own where you said 1 correct thing in the entire post (Dodgers give the Giants no chance... which is generous calling this correct as is since the Giants are right on the Dodgers heels this year)
    -SoutheastBeast1

definitely not reading all of that. anything other than "yea, i was wrong" is pure denial and cope.

definitely not reading all of that. anything other than "yea, i was wrong" is pure denial and cope.
    Not gonna read all that but took the time to backtrack in the thread to quote 7 posts consecutively spanning a total of 30 minutes from your first one to your last one. Then came back the next day to bother posting you didn't read anything else.

You're basically begging for my response with that chain of events. We all know you took the 5 minutes to read my response lol

@Jigsaw

Bro no one posts in here any more. This thread has been abandoned. You need to come over to the MLB thread in the sports misc. That's where all the baseball talk is happening on this forum now. More people in there than here these days. It's where all my future posts for you to quote will end up living.

Zere0wn should stay in here though
    -SoutheastBeast1

hate to tell ya bruddah but all the baseball talk is happening somewhere you aren't able to access

you're below the iq requirement to participate

hate to tell ya bruddah but all the baseball talk is happening somewhere you aren't able to access

you're below the iq requirement to participate
    Then why don't you go there instead of jumping in here when Jigsaw made a post to quote all my posts. You're a f*cking loser bro. I didn't come back in here first, that was you.

Imagine thinking I'm low IQ but going out of your way to come back in here after months of inactivity to quote 7 posts LMAO WOW
    -SoutheastBeast1

it was pretty funny to see how far off and incredibly dumb your predictions were, ngl

Starving for real interaction. You just can't leave to go back to that high IQ Yahoo forum, can you? It's as if I didn't spend over a decade with that same group you're referring to and know exactly the conversation I'm missing out on.

You don't see me calling any of you back like you keep hanging on my every post in here. Sorry bro, imma have to cut you off. Going back to the MLB thread in the sports section. You're not invited to tag along.
    -SoutheastBeast1

its actually not very high iq, its just your iq is still too low to get in.

notice how you were talking to yourself for about 8 posts over the course of a month and you were ignored for 2 months until someone decided to come back and point out your stupidity

JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yankees sweepin the Braves this week? lolzzzzz

its actually not very high iq, its just your iq is still too low to get in.

notice how you were talking to yourself for about 8 posts over the course of a month and you were ignored for 2 months until someone decided to come back and point out your stupidity
    I've been talking to myself in threads for a very very very long time. Pointing out I posted to myself isn't even an insult. This place is like my journal. LOL if you think you're important enough that I care to actually interact with you. Sadly you are mistaken. I just like to write my thoughts down the same way anyone would in a journal and if you all interact as a side effect of that so be it.

If you weren't too low IQ you might have been able to pick up on such a thing having value and why I might continue to post to what is perceived as an empty room.
    -SoutheastBeast1

Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    No but the Dodgers will at the end of August/beginning of September. It's over for the Braves. We're the Mets of 2023. Brutal if true
    -SoutheastBeast1

No but the Dodgers will at the end of August/beginning of September. It's over for the Braves. We're the Mets of 2023. Brutal if true
    Freddie > Olson

Freddie > Olson
    This series is basically your World Series since it's the only time you'll get to face the NL champion
    -SoutheastBeast1

nothing about that game was surprising.......and Sevy and his 8 ERA tonight. oh the bloodbath.

nothing about that game was surprising.......and Sevy and his 8 ERA tonight. oh the bloodbath.
    New York is just batting practice at this point.

Even the Pirates put up more of a fight than the Mets and Yankees over the last week. Sad!
    -SoutheastBeast1

New York is just batting practice at this point.

Even the Pirates put up more of a fight than the Mets and Yankees over the last week. Sad!
    lol @ Braves, couldn't even no hit the Yankees........trash pitching.

You get half credit. There was a sweep lol
    -SoutheastBeast1

You get half credit. There was a sweep lol

i'll take what I can get at this point

IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Most of misc is too ADD for baseball.

For those that are still playing fantasy, I have some streamer questions. Measley reps for any input

A) Pick one of these two streams:

Dean Kremer v BOS
    Or
    Nick Martinez @ CWS

B) pick two of these from the following:

Brandon pfaadt @ CWS
    Taijuan walker v PIT
    Joe boyle @ LAA
    JP Sears @ LAA

Finished with the same record as the Reds. pffft

from here on out...go Orioles.

propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    feel like i had my worst team and i won

even without trout, felix bautista and sandy alcantara

was in like 2nd to last place 6 weeks out. had to beat the 1st and 2nd place teams.. handily.. did. played #1 in semi's. and then won it all

Page 510 of 512 FirstFirst ... 10 410 460 500 508 509 510 511 512 LastLast