Page 2 of 512 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast
    Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by saaltydog View Post
    Too bad he's going to waste his career in Toronto, never getting to experience the playoffs.

Also how on Earth did you let Pro get Vald Jr?
    Mutha fuka sniped his ass a month into last season off the wire while I still had Gleyber in N/A.
    Leafs, Raptors, Jays, umad?

saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jyeatbvg View Post
    Mutha fuka sniped his ass a month into last season off the wire while I still had Gleyber in N/A.
    Which is why we need 2 N/A keeper slots boyo!! MLB/Minors are way too deep not to.

Pro gonna be riding that Vlad train for the next 10+ years

Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Which is why we need 2 N/A keeper slots boyo!! MLB/Minors are way too deep not to.

Pro gonna be riding that Vlad train for the next 10+ years
    I'm down with 2 N/A slots. Minors are definitely deep enough that all 14 teams should have two "solid" minor league guys. Solid in quotes because of how much of a chit show predicting minor league guys are. Looking at you A.J. Reed, Desmond Jennings and Jurickson Profar (until last year).

Registered User SoutheastBeast1's Avatar
    SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not sure how 2 n/a slots protect from someone else sniping a guy you want.

Pro would have had 2 n/a slots same as jyeatbvg allowing him to also claim Vlad earlier if he wanted
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm down with 2 N/A slots. Minors are definitely deep enough that all 14 teams should have two "solid" minor league guys. Solid in quotes because of how much of a chit show predicting minor league guys are. Looking at you A.J. Reed, Desmond Jennings and Jurickson Profar (until last year).
    Will never forgot when TBE gave up a first rounder for Jennings when he needed a whole team of new keepers.

Also I remember snatching Profar when he first got called up. He hit a HR his first game. I thought I had gold. What a fool.

Which also brings up another pro of having 2 N/A keeper slots. It cuts down somewhat on people rushing to the wire to pick up a prospect that's just been called up. That's just pure luck. Pro has snatched quiet a few guys while I've been sleeping since he's on that west coast time. (Soto).

EDIT: Also didn't TBE give up a first to bacon for a broken down Wainwright?
    Last edited by saaltydog; 02-05-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Originally Posted by SoutheastBeast1 View Post
    Not sure how 2 n/a slots protect from someone else sniping a guy you want.

Pro would have had 2 n/a slots same as jyeatbvg allowing him to also claim Vlad earlier if he wanted
    Maybe JY would of picked up Vlad earlier in the season or maybe even the season before? There's less of a need to get immediate product from your N/A slot of there's two.

SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Maybe JY would of picked up Vlad earlier in the season or maybe even the season before? There's less of a need to get immediate product from your N/A slot of there's two.
    Lol yeah but doesn’t all that same stuff apply to pro too?

Also who says there’s less a need to get immediate production?

You don’t think if I can get two prospects ready to produce now I’m less likely to add them both at the expense of playing the long game with one?

Seems like an opinion boyo

The person who was willing to hold and wait now with one slot (I.e Alex Reyes & krazy) will be willing to wait with 2 slots; whereas people wanting immediate production are likely to try and continue doing the same with the second slot

Assuming there’s enough prospects to have immediate production

That’s my opinion/prediction
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

Basically, I’m not picking up Ian Anderson who is two years away instead of Soroka who will have an immediate impact in 2029 with my second slot just because Anderson is projected to be better

It’s not how I used the first slot, why the hell would I change my strategy if I didn’t think it was optimal with the first slot to wait? Just lol
    -SoutheastBeast1

Lol yeah but doesn’t all that same stuff apply to pro too?

Also who says there’s less a need to get immediate production?

You don’t think if I can get two prospects ready to produce now I’m less likely to add them both at the expense of playing the long game with one?

Seems like an opinion boyo

The person who was willing to hold and wait now with one slot (I.e Alex Reyes & krazy) will be willing to wait with 2 slots; whereas people wanting immediate production are likely to try and continue doing the same with the second slot

Assuming there’s enough prospects to have immediate production

That’s my opinion/prediction
    Point is, if we had two slots last year Vlad Jr wouldn't have been scooped up the year before he plays. With 24 N/A slots league wide, the top guys should all be taken. Another slot just allows teams to be more flexible, which alone far outweighs the drawbacks.

Basically, I’m not picking up Ian Anderson who is two years away instead of Soroka who will have an immediate impact in 2029 with my second slot just because Anderson is projected to be better

It’s not how I used the first slot, why the hell would I change my strategy if I didn’t think it was optimal with the first slot to wait? Just lol
    Perhaps with only 1 slot that's true, but with two slots you can pick up Soroka and then another guy you're super high on who might not be immediate (e.g. Anderson). No one's trying to tell you to act a certain way, but again, the flexibility is there.

propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You guys have always set keeper rules before i joined. So, structure has always been what you guys like

Id be vocal about chit i dont like, but i dont care about 2 n/a slots. Id go either way

Id keep reyes and alonso most likely there though

Speaking for myself I know if there were two rookie keeper slots I would of grabbed Vlad early and used the other slot to rotate MLB ready prospects. I'd definitely play the long game with a talent like Vlad.

If there was a 2 round keeper draft last year. JY could of kept Torres and then drafted Vlad in the second.

It's harder to hold onto Vlad all year when you get no production all year out of your N/A slot. It's more justifiable when there's two slots.

Of course this is an opinion. I'm confused who said otherwise? Anyone can do whatever then want with that extra N/A slot.

Originally Posted by propreffered7 View Post
    You guys have always set keeper rules before i joined. So, structure has always been what you guys like

Id be vocal about chit i dont like, but i dont care about 2 n/a slots. Id go either way

Id keep reyes and alonso most likely there though
    Honestly I'm usually against change. League's been going strong for 10 years so no need to make drastic changes. I think except for adding the 10+ keeper like 5 years ago and the N/A keeper a few years back, everything's stayed the same since Day 1.

Point is, if we had two slots last year Vlad Jr wouldn't have been scooped up the year before he plays. With 24 N/A slots league wide, the top guys should all be taken. Another slot just allows teams to be more flexible, which alone far outweighs the drawbacks.
    Would they?

I’m not picking up Royce Lewis today (#5 prospect) over Touki Toussaint (#50 prospect) if given the choice between the two for 2019

Just sayin. People not willing to wait with the first slot aren’t more likely to wait now, unless an absence of guys ready to immediately contribute occurs forcing a shift in strategy.
    -SoutheastBeast1

Would they?

I’m not picking up Royce Lewis today (#5 prospect) over Touki Toussaint (#50 prospect) if given the choice between the two for 2019

Just sayin. People not willing to wait with the first slot aren’t more likely to wait now, unless an absence of guys ready to immediately contribute occurs forcing a shift in strategy.
    Okay - I don't give a chit what you or everyone else does. Point is, it allows teams to be more flexible.

But using my example, and IMO, yes Vlad Jr definitely should've been taken if there were 24 slots. Top prospect and almost MLB-ready? There weren't 24 guys, MLB-ready or not, that would've made better N/A grabs.

I’m also not against another N/A slots (I already said I was down) I just think it’s odd Saalty assumes the slot will create situations where managers will be more willing to hold and wait.

Not hating on the opinion, cause I can’t say how everyone will react, but I sure as sh*t won’t be any more likely to hold and wait though. That I know for sure. I wasn’t before and I just don’t see why an extra one would make me start now if there’s guys remaining who can have an immediate impact.
    -SoutheastBeast1

Would they?

Yeah they would. I'm telling you right now if there were two slots I would of grabbed Vlad and held him all year. I almost did it with one N/A. Just couldn't justify getting absolutely no production all year from my one and only NA slot.

Let's also not forgot you have to make room for these prospects fhat are called up. You keep stashing mediocre ones just because they're close you'll wind up with a bunch of mediocre prospects starting for your team all whole you're dropping guys that are putting up better stats than the rookies.

Okay - I don't give a chit what you or everyone else does. Point is, it allows teams to be more flexible.

But using my example, and IMO, yes Vlad Jr definitely should've been taken if there were 24 slots. Top prospect and almost MLB-ready? There weren't 24 guys, MLB-ready or not, that would've made better N/A grabs.
    Still doesn’t make it any more likely you would have him.

There’s a lot of good reasons to add the second N/A. Pretending Vlad Jr was any more likely to fall in someone’s hands other than Pros as one of those reasons doesn’t make sense.

The timeline add just gets pushed back to an earlier pickup. Theoretically, Pro still would have been the quickest to him at the earlier date. There’s not exactly a shift in advantage to snag a guy with one slot Vs two slots. We’re all still given two slots. The pickup itself just happens earlier.
    -SoutheastBeast1

Yeah they would. I'm telling you right now if there were two slots I would of grabbed Vlad and held him all year. I almost did it with one N/A. Just couldn't justify getting absolutely no production all year from my one and only NA slot.

Let's also not forgot you have to make room for these prospects fhat are called up. You keep stashing mediocre ones just because they're close you'll wind up with a bunch of mediocre prospects starting for your team all whole you're dropping guys that are putting up better stats than the rookies.
    You assume he would have been there to grab.

Pro valued him earlier/more highly with one slot than anyone else and added him while others weren’t valuing the add

What makes you think Pro wouldn’t have valued him earlier for his second slot than everyone else as well?

You act as if you live in a vacuum where you’d have had the ability to pick up a guy at the beginning of the year who was picked up later in the year under an entirely different roster structure

Simply put, that’s asinine.

It shifts the entire timeframe for adds and if you didn’t value him more than another member with one slot at your disposable you sure as sh*t aren’t magically going to be more likely to add him over that very same person if we give you both two slots
    -SoutheastBeast1

Still doesn’t make it any more likely you would have him.

There’s a lot of good reasons to add the second N/A. Pretending Vlad Jr was any more likely to fall in someone’s hands other than Pros as one of those reasons doesn’t make sense.

The timeline add just gets pushed back to an earlier pickup. Theoretically, Pro still would have been the quickest to him at the earlier date. There’s not exactly a shift in advantage to snag a guy with one slot Vs two slots. We’re all still given two slots. The pickup itself just happens earlier.
    Dude, I agree with you but don't give a chit about Vlad at this point. I'm just saying that adding another N/A slot adds flexibility in terms of what managers can do and what strategies they can employ. Maybe someone else would've snagged Vlad first if they had two slots. Maybe Pro still would've been first. Maybe Vlad wouldn't have been chosen at all because with another slot Yahoo would've fkn exploded and A-league wouldn't exist. We're arguing something that we'll never know an answer to..

Real talk, how many of you are drafting Royce Lewis in the draft once we add a second n/a slot

That is the equivalent of adding Vlad Jr last year in March

Not drafting him - 1 (me)
    Drafting him - 0

Feel free to get the poll running lol
    -SoutheastBeast1

You assume he would have been there to grab.

Pro valued him earlier/more highly with one slot than anyone else and added him while others weren’t valuing the add

What makes you think Pro wouldn’t have valued him earlier for his second slot than everyone else as well?

This
    Vlad is just an example. I'm not saying 100% I would of had him. My point is I would been in on a prospect like Vlad a lot earlier then I would be if we only had 1 slot.

You listed Touki as an example of someone you would of held last year over Vlad. Well Touki wouldn't have given you all that much production and you wouldn't be keeping him. If you had Vlad you would now be holding onto the best prospect in the game who's projected to be a GOAT. So there's definitely real reasons to grab prospect like Acuna and Vlad early. Just my opinion though. Like JY said it gives teams flexibility to play how they want.

Real talk, how many of you are drafting Royce Lewis in the draft once we add a second n/a slot

That is the equivalent of adding Vlad Jr last year in March

Not drafting him - 1 (me)
    Drafting him - 0

Feel free to get the poll running lol
    Royce Lewis ain't on Vlads level. To your point though say someone keeps two MLB ready prospects that are projected to start the year in the majors. You instantly have to find room for both of them. Which isn't a big deal. Then you go and add two more prospects that are going to be called up soon. Now you have to make room for 4 MLB rookies in the first couple months of the season. Then you add two more. How many MLB rookies you plan to start bacon?

Meanwhile there's some guys producing/killing it on the WW. Maybe you miss out on some huge post hype sleepers/swing change veteran because you're starting lineup is half rookies.
    Last edited by saaltydog; 02-05-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Anyways doesn't matter how people would use their 2nd rookie slot.

Let's get this voted on.

- Adding a 2nd N/A rookie keeper slot -

saaltydog - Yes
    Krazy - Yes
    Last edited by saaltydog; 02-05-2019 at 04:45 PM.

propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    id be for it

Much like what’s going on in free agency right now, the best fantasy owner in A-League still hasn’t been invited to a team
    -SoutheastBeast1

SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Much like what’s going on in free agency right now, the best fantasy owner in A-League still hasn’t been invited to a team
    Bro your email and team are up on the league page. Southeast at the yahoo email you gave me under your manager account.

Nodice - I need the new owners email to switch over.
    Titletown, Lake Show, Evil Empire

You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)
    -SoutheastBeast1

Also

You are not the commissioner of this league. (Error #153)

I’m getting email but never received an actual invite to join. Don’t know what’s up
    -SoutheastBeast1

Happy to make a brand new email if you can’t figure out how to initiate an invite to the one I gave though. I’m almost positive I need to see some kind of invite email requesting I want to take over the team

Right now I think you must have my email linked to the team as an alternate email, but didn’t request it transfer the team to it somehow
    -SoutheastBeast1