Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm back to admit "I was wrong again".

Well...

I had an old one written/recorded in 1988.
    I'm still pleased with the original for that time but wanted to bring it into the 21st century.

So....I was fortunate enough to collab with Ken (klasaine) again and record an updated version.
    He does lead guitar and his rhythm guitar is panned left.
    I played rhythm guitar which is panned right.

It's called Roadman...is there such a thing as a light rock story telling song?
    Maybe...maybe not.

To any that give a listen I hope you found it worthy of your time.
    First song on the list: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/de...?bandID=897733

Roadman
    Verse 1

Street lights shining down on me. I need to cover ground Got to find an alley before the hawk is out
    And I’ve been told, I’m a roadman running....out on the road.
    Verse 2
    The midwest cold chills to the bone. The south sun has burned my skin.
    Well I've known worse addictions, all I know is where I've been.
    And I’ve been told, I’m a roadman running....out on the road.
    Lead Break
    Verse 3

Where I'll be I could not say. What I can carry, is all that I've got.
    Still I keep my self respect, I always find a job.
    And I am told, I'm just a roadman running....out on the road.
    Chorus
    Am I chasing freedom, in fear of being trapped?
    A way of reaching forward or running from the past?
    I won't wear out my welcome....and I always watch my back.
    The Roadman' Code.....know when to make tracks.
    You've got to know when to boogie.
    Verse 4
    I guess it's time to jump this train. I got a message from some old friend.
    (She said) You've always got a place to stay, only a fool would not accept.
    I left the road...but I still think about running.
    Out on the road.
    Lead Break
    Chorus

Vamp to end....

© Wayne Evans: music & lyrics 2/14/88
    Original music: www.soundclick.com/wayneevansproject
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos
    Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.

Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Wayne Evans has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hmmm.....anyone here ever fantasized about time traveling?

Well....I'll be dipped in shvt....what a coincidence!.....me too.

Well....if anyone needs a diversion:

I'm no Spielberg but thought I'd throw this up against the forum wall anyway.
    I wrote/recorded this one back in 1993.
    It was an enjoyable write....lots of imagery comes to mind in this context.

Oh....sorry, no rocking guitars in this one....just a fantasy trip for those of like interest.

Thanks to any that give it a spin and hope you found it worthy of your time.
    Have a great weekend.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vb76LTTYew

Well....I kinda like being 'wrong' again.

Here's my latest....pimping more of my creative drivel.

I wrote the lyrics complete in 24 hours and music/arrangement took about 2 days before mixing began.
    This is very rare for me....I usually take several weeks.
    Thanks to any that give it a spin and hope you found it worthy of your time.

Have a great day.

Title: Lone Wolf (Dm – 120bpm) Genre: hmmm….rasty, swamp rock?
    I don’t know, the listeners will decide on that.
    https://www.soundclick.com/music/son...ongID=14226720
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966

Verse 1:
    I'm the Lone Wolf. Solo's my name. Mind my own business, I like it that way.
    Like the Lone Wolf, I keep to myself. Don't want to trouble anyone for help.
    Chorus:
    The Lone Wolf finds a way to survive. The cold truth, he's not a afraid of a fight.
    Verse 2:
    Like the Lone Wolf, I don't care to mix. Trust in my senses, keep an eye on my six.
    I'm the Lone Wolf, not easy to track. I walk alone and don't run with a pack.
    Chorus:
    The Lone Wolf watches with serious eyes. The cold truth, he's not afraid of a fight.
    Break: Verse music (16 bars)
    Bridge: Dm7 Em7 F G (3X) F (1 bar) G (1 bar) Dm (4 bars)
    Verse 3:
    Now I'm an old wolf. Weary an frayed. Reflecting on life and the choices I've made.
    We take a direction, see where it leads. The path that I followed has been working for me.
    But nothing came easy, didn't live like a king. If I could do it again I wouldn't change one thing.
    Chorus:
    The Lone Wolf finds a way to survive. The cold truth, he's not afraid of a fight
    The Lone Wolf watches with serious eyes....
    Bridge: Dm7 Em7 F G (3X) F (1 bar) G (1 bar) Dm (4 bars)
    Vamp out & fade on Dm.

© Wayne Evans: lyrics & music. 3/28/21

PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Apparently I can't click on the music from work, but I like the lyrics.
    It's never too late!

5'6", 198

Results:
    6/20/21 Western drug tested regionals: DQ (bombed squats) @ 192lb
    2/27/21 PNW drug tested championships 468/308/501 @ 202lb
    10/10/2020 FS meet: 407/303/474 @ 212lb

Gym PRs:
    485/315/525

Originally Posted by PhDPepper1111 View Post
    Apparently I can't click on the music from work, but I like the lyrics.
    Howdy Pep....

Well thank you sir....that's a step in the preferred direction.

I say that knowing my songs aren't the bees knees or would be appealing to everyone.
    But...I'll throw it against the wall and see if it sticks.
    I still don't have a fan base....and, "fan" is singular...it's embarrassing.

I enjoyed fleshing the lyrics and the topic itself...usually takes me forever.

Thank for the kind comment. (on spread)
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 04-07-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Howdy all....I was wrong again.

Just finished a new one and had the opportunity to employ Ken (klasaine) again to make the song come to life.
    Stranger In A Strange Land:
    Song about change...."Aging eyes find it hard to embrace it".
    I'm really out of my comfort zone on this one.
    Sort of a smooth jazz vibe requiring an almost micro-crooning vocal....which is not my strong point.
    I have to work with what I have.

Lone Wolf:
    Re-mix and totally re-done harmonies.

I thank Ken for his impeccable axe work and collaborative creativity.
    He's a pleasure to work with.

First two songs on the *Soundclick* link below.
    Thanks to any/all to take the time to give it a spin and hope you found them worthy of your time.

Have a great weekend....(from an old fossil, song writing bottom feeder)

(it's 7seconds fault I barged in here again....)
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 04-30-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Well....I came up with another one before I croak.

Howdy all....

Somehow I managed to finish my 3rd song in less than two months.
    Don't know where this creative spurt came from but I probably shouldn't over think it

https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/de...?bandID=897733

Wild Ways:
    Verse 1
    There was a time I was young, dumb and crazy. I’d like to come clean but it’s all kind of hazy.
    Chorus
    Wild ways is a life-long rumble. Wild ways gets you in big trouble. And hard time….is going to make you humble.
    Verse 2
    So full of myself, I was lightning and thunder. But every city precinct had my number.
    Chorus
    Wild ways is a life-long rumble. Wild ways gets you in big trouble. And hard time….is going to make you humble.

Lead Break

Bridge: C#m7 A E E - C#m7 A Bsus B

Verse 3

I could tell you stories that would make you shudder.
    But I'm changing my tune and changing my colors.
    I came around, made life time corrections.
    I'll be around if you have any questions.
    Chorus
    Bridge: C#m7 A E E - C#m7 A Bsus B
    Vamp to end on verse music 125-134

© Wayne Evans: lyrics & music. 5/1/21

Have a great day....thanks again.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks, I was reviewing a mind cripplingly dull security procedures doc and listening to this in background (and Lone Wolf, harmonies) kept me sane and awake

PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PhDPepper1111 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I can see your profile pic and it helps to visualize a smoky bar with grizzled patrons grunting in appreciation while you kill the old-style mic farewell.
    It's never too late!

5'6", 198

Results:
    6/20/21 Western drug tested regionals: DQ (bombed squats) @ 192lb
    2/27/21 PNW drug tested championships 468/308/501 @ 202lb
    10/10/2020 FS meet: 407/303/474 @ 212lb

Gym PRs:
    485/315/525

Cool....I can respond to responses!

Howdy OFT....
    Ha...."cripplingly dull security procedures"....that does sound quite dull.
    I appreciate you giving them a spin and quite pleased it wasn't the other way around....if you get my drift.

Howdy Pep....
    Ha....I can relate to your imagery and would fit in that environment with no effort.
    As long as those 'grizzled patrons' don't throw me out for a poor performance....I'm good.

Thanks to you both for chiming in....much appreciated.

Have a great evening....(on spread with both of you)
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 05-17-2021 at 03:52 PM.

Howdy forumites....

I know....the anticipation of my next submission has been agonizing to endure.

On a serious note....

This is my recent original music project. It’s (7) songs and (1) composition....30 minutes. A collaboration with two other stellar musicians that have contributed their time and talent on my original songs.

In this video I wanted the viewer to be able to attach names and faces (even though I hate pics of myself or drawing attention to myself) with the musicians and the project overall. It's meant to be lighthearted, with a bit of humor, yet candid from my personal life experiences.
    It includes pics and lyrics.

To any that do give a listen we thank you giving it a spin and hope you found it worthy of your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ5aLqtEVkQ

Have a great day....time for a highball.